Advice needed

chronicbudha

I need some help, and everyone here seems to know their stuff, so I thought I'd ask for advice ....

Lately I've been looking into getting a medical marijuana card. Let me explain a little about my history first. I'm a 39 year old man who didn't start smoking marijuana until I was 24. Before I smoked I was this hard ass, unsympathetic, manipulative asshole who suffered under the weight of my A.D.D. which lead to my depression and anxiety. I had tried all types of meds prescribed by doctors. Welbutrin, Paxil, Ritalin etc etc, all of which either left me feeling like a zombie inside, or nothing at all.

Then one day at 24 a friend got me to try marijuana for the first time. I liked it as just about everyone does for the first high. Then my friend kept comming over every day and smoked me out. After the first few weeks, something started to change. I found it easier to relate to people. I became more empathetic. I could focus more on things because it felt like all the back ground static in my head had been brought down to a low hum. I found it easier to control my depression because not only was my mood elevated, but I wasn't constantly being besieged with the non stop information gathering that my A.D.D. brain usually gave me. My A.D.D. became easier to work with, which lead to better control over my depression and anxiety.

Marijuana made me a better person. There is the me before I started smoking, and the me after, and they are two completely different people. Marijuana helps me maintain my sanity without making me feel dead inside. Something that no medication had done. My problem ? Supply. When my connects go dry, it's like my pharmacy telling me they're out of my meds. After about 5 days without, I become more anxious, more easily agitated, and my attention span becomes shorter then a 5 year olds.

Hence why I'm considering getting a medical card.

Now, from what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure A.D.D. and depression and anxiety are listed as being justifiable reasons for the use of medical marijuana. So, I've started doing some research on the net, and wow, there's a lot of crap out there to get through ! So I have a few questions, and I hope some of you can help me out and get me started on my path to getting my card. For reference sake, I live in Costa Mesa, California. So here goes..

Question 1. How do I find a doctor ? I've looked online for address but can't shake the feeling that a lot of these so called " evaluations " and " doctors " are scams to get my money. How do I tell the difference ? Can anyone give me a recommendation ?

Question 2. How do I explain my history to the doctor without sounding like I'm full of shit and trying to score a card for recreational use ? I believe honesty is the best policy, and I imagine a good doctor is on his guard against dishonest people. I don't want to say the wrong thing and come off sounding like an idiot.

Question 3. How do I find a good dispensary ? One of my other reasons for wanting to try medical marijuana is access to different strains. The problem with buying on the street is that the strain changes frequently. Some strains work better for me then others. Being able to pick a specific strain would be very beneficial. Can anyone give me a recommendation ?

Any help I can get is appreciated. Thank you for your attention, and I hope to become an active part of this forum

Re: advice needed.

Chronic, I would also suggest you go to Pacific Support Services. It would be worth it in my opinion if you could make the trip. It's the only place I know of that has a coupon and that offers such a reasonable deal for renewals. Though if you can't make it I believe the website of the California chapter of the National Orginaztion for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (CANORML) could help you.

:peace:

-Umpsy

p.s. I aplogize in advance if this violates posting guidelines.

Hey budha, my story is similar to yours. I'm even in your area so I can share some good info. MJ helps with my depression and anxiety, among other things. I didn't start smoking until I was 23. Smoked for 4 years and took over 2 years off to see if there was a difference, and to give the doctors a shot at helping my medical conditions. Unfortunately they're a bunch of scripted/cookie cutter morons so conventional medicine has failed for me.

I got my MMJ recommendation at Medicann in Long Beach.
MediCann | A Prescription For Change

It was $110 I think and you should bring in your medical history or if you have some prescription medication bottles that are recent, they'll work too. As long as you have a medically diagnosed condition that MMJ can help with, you'll receive a recommendation. The MMJ doctor will provide consultation and go over the risks and benefits. It is a regular doctor visit, except with alternative medication.
The OC sucks for dispensaries. They're WAYYYYY more expensive than any other area, and theres very few of them. They even have delivery services so you can get your meds like you were ordering a pizza. Again, they're wayyyy expensive. LA and Ventura county have dispensaries all over the place and are much cheaper. LB has a lot of dispensaries also, but prices aren't that great. You'll find that MMJ is more expensive and not always any better than what you're used to. Selection is usually great, but quality is very subjective. Some of the worst stuff I've ever had was from MMJ dispensaries.

You will want to go read up on California NORML | Dedicated to reforming California's marijuana laws! for the laws, doctor lists, and dispensary locator.

Now that you've got a lot of good info, good luck!

I received my rec through Medicann in Santa Cruz. Btw, anyone in the south bay area, there is now a medicann in San Jose.

I have an epilepsy condition. I have smoked for over 30 years, and believe it helped me be seizure free for years. It now helps calm my brain and get those neurons in check.

I went with all my paperwork. The first time the doctor wanted no medical records. The second time it was glanced over. Be honest, you don't need anything more than to tell the truth.

Remember, Pacific Support offers you a nice discount for your card, so it makes up for your gas. Make the trip. Then visit the clubs while you're there.

Best wishes and welcome to the 420 community!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom