Advice on lighting

That would be way over kill for that i believe your talkin about a 5x5 space if you want two lights for coverage get 2 600 watt. Or put one of those gavitas on a light rail it will be way more efficient.

Ventilation wise i think you'd be fine with a 6 to 8 inch inline fan depending your climate and how many lights you end up using i recommend either vortex or if you go with the 8 in max fan has a new adjustable inline fan but then again so does vortex i think its the sl series could be wrong about that tho.

If you are talking about Gavita DE, how are you going to get the 4 foot of space needed between the plants and the fixture in a tent less than 7 foot tall?

You could do short sea of green method ive used adjusta wings like that i think you could so one just height would be an issue if you let them veg to much.

No, his tent is 6 foot 8 inches tall. The Gavita is 13.4" tall itself, that leaves 66.6 inches of height. Subtract 48" needed between the light and the plants and then we are left with 18.6". Not too bad, we could grow plants that are a foot and a half tall maybe mainlining/fluxing. But then we have to factor in pot height. Let's say we run a short sea of green in one gallon pots, those are at least 7 inches tall. So we have to have plants no more than about 12 inches tall.

The Gavita DE was not designed and is not well utilized for tent growing, it's for grow rooms.

That is correct but i keep my 1000 watt lights allot closer than 48 inches i also use air cooled lighting wich gavita does make. I stay in the 2 to 3 foot range. Just depends what you want to do.

I know Gavita make air cooled reflectors, but I don't think that's what the OP is asking about. All I am trying to do is give tiggs the information he needs to make an informed buying decision, because I think he might not be aware of the requirements of the light he wants to run. It's not meant to be used in a tent grow and the would really create more obstacles to overcome and that would clearly outweigh the benefits.

1000 watt SE is not the same as 1000 watt DE.

After reading your replies I've decided not to go with the gavitas what about 2 lumatek 1000w dimmable ballasts lights? Im currently living in Nor way which is pretty cold, intaking air from outside should cool down the tent considerably. My friend has a spare 8inch rvk systemair fan with sms twin controller which he said should do the trick.
How many plants would you advise me to do in this tent? Thanks for the help guys

If you are going with that much light I would suggest running 3 or 4 600 watt lights. Gives you more point sources of light and the 600 watt units are the most efficient. I think that would be a better solution for your particular setup.

How many plants depends on your growing style. I personally would run 4 to 9 plants depending on the size plants you want to grow.

Back
Top Bottom