Advice on root rot cure please!

panel350

Hi All, I'm a nubee at this and this is my first time using a Hydro Bubble Bucket ,my problem is that after 14 days from germ the plant was has signs of root rot !! What can I do to stop this ???? any help would be awesome.The first photo is at 10 days and the second is at 14 days .
Cheers

Attachments

• day10 001.JPG
    day10 001.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 145
  • day14 003.JPG
    day14 003.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 133
What is your water temp? should be 65F . And, im not tryin to be a jerk, but man, your grow area doesnt look to healthy. I can tell you, with 99% certaincy, your going to have rot issues in your buds too.. Just by looking at that wooden door in the background, Your humidity is 75% or more. You can see the powdery mildew on the wood, and the dust sediment that collected on the containers in the background.

just sayin bro,

100% agreed the root problem is form. The water temp. The (do) desolved oxygen is minimal and allows your your plant to grow bad bacteria. This root rot. So lower the temp any way possible.

Hydroguard!! Use it ASAP now to treat and continue to use to prevent it. Also try and keep water temps down and make sure your water is being properly oxygenated, lots of tiny bubbles. How often are you changing water??

What is your water temp? should be 65F . And, im not tryin to be a jerk, but man, your grow area doesnt look to healthy. I can tell you, with 99% certaincy, your going to have rot issues in your buds too.. Just by looking at that wooden door in the background, Your humidity is 75% or more. You can see the powdery mildew on the wood, and the dust sediment that collected on the containers in the background.

Hi mate ,LOL na photos were taken in my workshop to use natural light, my grow area is fine 4x4 tent,humidity is a problem it's winter here and has been really wet but there is no mildew.
Thanks for the advice ,I have found as per photo's the Rockwell was really Brown so stripped that away ,cleaned off all the affected roots and replanted so will see how that goes'.
Cheers

Attachments

• fixing roots 002.JPG
    fixing roots 002.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 143
  • fixing roots 003.JPG
    fixing roots 003.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 119
Heyyy, awesome man,,,, Just making sure your not making bad meds is all, its about health, so cool knowing your all good in the envirnorment department. just keep those temps down, and let us know how it works out for ya..

Rockwool was an issue for me as well, the seedlings roots were rotting on 1 and the other managed to make it only because i cut it in half down the middle to allow the roots to follow a path downwards.

You should definitely get hydroguard, i've been using it in 80f - 88f degree water and still no rot. I'm on day 39.
If humidity is an issue, get a dehumidifier.

Cheers Guys, So I've done all that is suggested but the biggest thing for me now is humidity !! I put a dehumidifier in my tent and an extra fan ,I'm sucking air from outside and the humidity s still between 75 -87 (this morning ) it's winter here and very wet even with the dehumidifier running 24/7 it collects water but the humidity doesn't change !! bloody frustrating .
I'm going to make a reservior and put it outside the tent that should keep the water at a good temp .I have some new roots growing after that major clean up of the root rot.
I haven't been able to find Hydroguard in my country so have been using a product called Regen-A-root so I hope that helps .
Cheers Kev

Try sucking air from inside, see if that makes any difference in a 12 hour period or so. If it does, just get a small fan to bring in fresh air from outside at a slow rate thats not bringing the air directly into the tent. It could be you're just bringing in too much fresh air thats very humid to the point that your dehumidifier cant keep up.

Or add a second dehumidifier. I feel if you do add a second one, it still may not help much since your environment outside is far too humid. I never have fresh air from outside coming in aside from the AC running or my bedroom door open. my plants are great so its more than enough air exchange in my case.

Cheers Guy's ,well I think this Root Rot drama has helped me a lot ,as this is the first plant I've grown in a DWC I've decided to use this one to get things some what right !! so this is what I did to Guinea Pig ,Moved all heat sources away from Bucket ,water temp is stable now. Removed all traces of Rockwell.
Stripped away all the munted roots (as per photo ) to just white healthy ones.
Replanted ,fresh Nutied Ph'ed water. Now 3days later fresh ROOTS!!:)
Now as part of this learning curve ,Whats going on with the leaves ?? I thought it mite be a stress related thing!!!
The photo's are from the when the rot set in till now.
Cheers Kev
P.s Have finally got the Ph sorted.

Attachments

• day14 003.JPG
    day14 003.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 150
  • fixing roots 001.JPG
    fixing roots 001.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 141
  • fixing roots 003.JPG
    fixing roots 003.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 126