Advice on starting new dispensary?

bsmith0813

Can anyone offer up advice to someone interested in staring a new dispensary in Colorado Springs. Myself and two partners have about 20k we can invest. I just became an MMJ patient less than a year ago and it has had a dramatic effect on my health, so I am personally committed on the issue. I'm not the average stoner, smoked a liitle pot in college, but went straight for over twenty years.

My thoughts since I work with many new ones:

1. Find space--biggest challenge.
2. Read your lease before you sign--seen many sign before they read.
3. Reseach cities that will present the least challenge down the road. We have seen a few have to shut their doors after opening.
4. Security and tenant improvements will burn through your 20k pretty fast.
5. Make sure your your neighbors are cool with it. Seen another client have to shut their doors because of it.
6. Most dispensaries are llc's--easiest to set up.
7. Register domain name. They're going fast because of the growth.
8. Helpful to have your patient list ready before you open.
9. If you plan on covering medicine for insurance you'll need a safe. Otherwise must have central station alarm system.
10. Seek construction crews, security people, bank accounts, credit card, insurance, display cases, medicine, other products, register with city/state, establish llc.

This has been our observations. If you are opening in Colorado--I have a link with some of the various cities' requirements or perspective on mmd's in those locations: Colorado Bills, Laws, Regulations, and Legislation (under city medical marijuana city ordinances)

Back
Top Bottom