Advice please - Urgent

K12onicKush

hi there, i have an outdoor lot and i checked on it today for pest control and nutes and was suprised to find some of them a slightly unhealthy limp mode, was usually reaching for the stars but today its limping and not looking good. i checked 3 days ago prior and they were thriving as always

symptoms:
now looking sad rather than thriving and straight
stem is leaning rather than straight up
dirt is loose a few mm around the base of the stems all the way around the stems of affected ones! (like an attempted pull that they stopped for some reason)
lower branch is damaged at stem

some pinecones scattered around the place

conclusions:

if rippers did find it they obviously went to pull it but didnt and decided to leave it because its only 1 month in to flower (come back later when its closer to harvest)
OR
if narks/randoms/public discovered it, they went to pull it but didnt and maybe called police or will come back later to rip

my advice i need is am i being paranoid or real? and is it possible for animals to have done this?

tell me what you think has happend , i need to make a thoroughly thought through decision fast

thx in advance
keep on toking

Do you have animals around? It's in the realm of possibility that a deer or something could come along and give a few a yank, though it's more likely they'd nibble some foliage first. Or possibly it was just a smaller animal digging around? Unlikely that this would cause them to wilt though.
That's a tough one. Unless you can find more clues it will be a mystery for now.
Sort of leaves the possibilities of...

- carrying on with business as usual
- harvesting what you have
- walking away
- or moving the entire crop elsewhere (yeah- difficult)

Along with any of the above options you could set up a game spy type camera to see what is going on, if anything.

Hi,
Sounds like animal to me. If you can, get a little chicken wire and wrap the whole plant loosely. If it is animal problem solved. If it's a thief not a lot you can do. Harbor freight has a great assortment of alarms that may scare a ripper off. If it is the the police scan your area close for game cameras, but if you aren't growing a big site it's probably not cops. They would have pulled them. Keep us posted, good luck.
Kitty

HeyK12! I agree with Weasel. It sounds like typical bored small critter crap to me. Now if you are paranoid and want to find out for sure you can spread a light coating of regular flour around the plants on the ground and check for tracks. You can also set up a small animal barricade. I use just branches or limbs that I find lying around. Most small animals are easily distracted so if you kind of make a small trail away from your plants and block easy access they will usually go right by. You can also spread a pretty good layer of Epsom salts around the plants base. I have found that most small critters don't seem to like the stuff on their feet. I had a few thousand melon plants that were being attacked by rabbits at night. I had some Epsom salts which I spread on the plastic. But I didn't have enough. The next morning you could see whre they deliberately walked around the Epsom salts to get to the untreated rows. If it was a thief you should be able to see where they walked in. Remember that humans are lazy. And again like small critters they are easily distracted. Change the look of the area. Remember they have only been there once or twice. I have even dropped trees across trails or ridges to make it not look right to them. Often this is enough to make them retrace their steps. Best of luck in all you grow!

I think it was a couple deers rummaging around, the pine cones is the give away
If it was narcs, they would leave everything undisturbed as it was...
Any other human finds them, they would be gone for sure, or left undisturbed and come back in a few weeks...Animals 4 sure...

Back
Top Bottom