Advice Please

SaraStaysFly

Hey Guys,

I ordered some pretty dank, auto fem seeds... I have a 4x2x6 tent. I also plan to do some outdoor growing... but the seeds I bought off crop king i want to use indoor. I bought ten seeds in total (White widow and Jack Herer) .... I realize they will not all fit in the tent... not a big deal to me... I plan to use the rest when I have a bigger facility. This is for my own personal use.

How many plants, and at what size container do you think would be optimal for yield results and all around healthy plants?

i am thinking of using two 600W LED lights inside the tent.... I have tons of nutrient supplies, compost teas, everything else you can think of...

Just wanted to hear different ideas on set ups...

GOOD VIBESSSS <3:thanks:

Hi there and welcome in a 2x4x6 space, from seed I would probably grow two in 10 gallon pots, as far as your lights it's up to you but cmh lec technology is on the rise, and would seriously look into it.
Don't forget you need to get fresh air in there with a blower/extraction fan, a circulation fan to keep the air from going stagnant around the plants, and less important right away but necessary thermometer, hygrometer, tds meter, ph meter and a good digital camera to post your progress lol

Watch your heat. But that should be fine.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would run two White Widows in 5+ gal. pots. Let them veg for a month at least. Make sure you have very good air exchange and you will love their WW.

I just flipped a WW to 12/12 on January 20th, that seed was popped November 17th. Currently at 5 foot and just stacking the buds, awesome plants!!

I would run two White Widows in 5+ gal. pots. Let them veg for a month at least. Make sure you have very good air exchange and you will love their WW.

I just flipped a WW to 12/12 on January 20th, that seed was popped November 17th. Currently at 5 foot and just stacking the buds, awesome plants!!
Sorry where at seeds?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I vote for 2 plants in 10's. Start them in 1 gals. learn about wet dry cycle in veg, up can to the 10's when you got good roots, flip'em and watch them fill that little tent with ease.

Hi! I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking SaraStaysFly's thread. It seemed appropriate to post my question here rather than start a new thread given some similarities in our questions and setups.

So I also have a 4x2 tent except mine is 5 ft tall instead of six. I also run a 600W LED, although Sara, I would definitely advise running two as you suggested. As you'll see below, the one LED doesn't get much light to the sides of the tent. I have to cram the plants together to get as much of them under the light as I can, and I have to position the LED higher than I would like to allow the light to spread out more in my grow space.

Anyways, my girls are just finishing up their 4th week on 12/12 and look beautiful. I have no idea what I'm doing right, nor do I have any idea what my yield will turn out to be. I have 6 plants growing in 3 gallon air pots. I topped and LST'd but I had to start flower a couple weeks earlier than I would have liked because I ran out of horizontal space. For my next grow I plan on adding a second LED and growing 5 plants instead of six, using the same pots I have now. I figured I'd place 2 in the back where the space is more limited due to my intake vents and three in the front. By doing this I figure I can space the plants out a little more and give the girls some more room to breathe and grow.

So my question is this. Do you guys really think I (and SaraStaysFly) will get a better yield with only 2 plants in this setup (as many of you suggested) vs. the 6 I have now (or 5 I plan for my next grow)?

Hope I'm adding to your thread, Sara, and not taking it over. Thanks for the input everyone!

image1_4_1.jpeg

6 photo period plants in that tent is insane, 6 smaller autos might be do able...

Very dense plants like that will not get light penetration down low cause they are bunched up so tight. Just a theoretical but if you could move them farther apart your yield will be better if you had more space.

6 photo period plants in that tent is insane, 6 smaller autos might be do able...

Very dense plants like that will not get light penetration down low cause they are bunched up so tight. Just a theoretical but if you could move them farther apart your yield will be better if you had more space.

You're right. I don't get much light penetration down low. I've got probably 8-10 colas of varying sizes per plant and some popcorn bud going down maybe 2 or 3 nodes. I can't spread them out much as it is. I've got only about 6 inches of space on either side and I don't get much light on the sides due to the limitations of my LED. So I keep them squeezed together instead. This is my first grow and it was bag seed, so it's really just experimentation at this point. I plan on getting some feminized Northern Lights for my next grow, but in the meantime the girls do look very healthy (minus some yellowing down low but I understand that's normal). But your response raises a question ...

You said 6 smaller autos might be doable. SaraStaysFly is growing autos and everyone is suggesting 2 plants. Are autos generally smaller plants? And back to my original question - do you think 2 (in my case photo period) plants, properly trained and LST'd would yield more than squeezing 5 or 6 plants in a tent this size?

Back
Top Bottom