Advice please

@Pennywise update on grow #2 @Kismet Red cobs plz help. And penny I guess u need to get it below 60 Degrees for the blue to come out I cant get it that cold where I'm located and the standing ac I bought only goes to 62 degrees. But now It is a sativa so may need to flower longer then the rest and might get a little blue hopefully.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111-002336_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-002336_Gallery.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20200111-002348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-002348_Gallery.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20200111-002400_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-002400_Gallery.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200111-002407_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-002407_Gallery.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 27
em is actually using the whole GLN line.

since you are rdwc you would probably be justified running hydroguard, or z7 , maybe protekt.
nute wise really just MC. the best plan is to get a grow in with MC on it's own to learn the nute. it'll make it start to finish no worries. experiment after that.

go read up on the MC thread if interested. there are loads of rdwc guys.
last line in my sig.

i have cobs and run 50:50 3000k/3500k rigs as a full spectrum. 4000k and 4500k would be dedicated veg lights.
3000k and 2700k are dedicated flower. 3500k is weighted a bit more to flower than veg. 2700k is as deep red as it gets.

@Emilya because I was told it was a 1 part system from seed to flower u need nothing else. But to increase or decrease the dosage. But if that's the case how can you maximize and still get great bud with out additives or boosters at certain stages
Well, you were told the truth. MC IS a one part system that used alone will give you great plants and excellent yield. We do know however that given sugars and vitamins and amino acids as well as extra K and P in addition to "what they need" the plants can build on EXTRA weight and EXTRA trichomes and EXTRA strong flavors. There is a risk in trying to push your plants this hard and GLN does suggest that there is a point where adding any more of this stuff than what they recommend would provide you with diminishing returns, but by following their directions exactly, you will not harm your plants, at least as far as my limited experience will let me determine. Can you "maximize" without using all the additives and by using only the base MC product, maybe by giving more MC than is recommended? The answer is no.

To correct the record... I do not run the ENTIRE GLN line... I will save trying their calmag product for when I need it... for when I am growing tomatoes... but for cannabis, that product was not recommended with v2 of the MC. Again, I run this stuff in soil, where it was designed to work best. Hydro systems need a little more care than what I need to take. Also, if you run RO water under LED, the base product probably doesn't have enough magnesium, so follow the hydro guys/girls advice on this. In soil and with tap water, I don't appear to need it.

em is actually using the whole GLN line.

since you are rdwc you would probably be justified running hydroguard, or z7 , maybe protekt.
nute wise really just MC. the best plan is to get a grow in with MC on it's own to learn the nute. it'll make it start to finish no worries. experiment after that.

go read up on the MC thread if interested. there are loads of rdwc guys.
last line in my sig.

i have cobs and run 50:50 3000k/3500k rigs as a full spectrum. 4000k and 4500k would be dedicated veg lights.
3000k and 2700k are dedicated flower. 3500k is weighted a bit more to flower than veg. 2700k is as deep red as it gets.
Ya I was interested about the MC, u say whole GLN line is that who makes MC?

And as far as lights i have 1 full spectrum 3000k but i took my lights out of my veg tent and added for supplemental lighting but they are 4000k. This is only my 2nd grow I finished 1st one with the 4000 didnt have my new light yet. Although I cut 1 to 3 weeks early I got like 140grams from 1 plant and even tho cut early still was sweet super sticky frosted and still high thc levels and trichomes didn't or just started to turn milky. So this will actually be the 1st grow I get to see all the way to ripening. Emilya told me back last time those last few weeks are crucial when u get all your swelling and would have ended up with a much larger yield. But can you recommend a good company for COBs? Like in 2700 or full red so I can add these last few weeks.

Well, you were told the truth. MC IS a one part system that used alone will give you great plants and excellent yield. We do know however that given sugars and vitamins and amino acids as well as extra K and P in addition to "what they need" the plants can build on EXTRA weight and EXTRA trichomes and EXTRA strong flavors. There is a risk in trying to push your plants this hard and GLN does suggest that there is a point where adding any more of this stuff than what they recommend would provide you with diminishing returns, but by following their directions exactly, you will not harm your plants, at least as far as my limited experience will let me determine. Can you "maximize" without using all the additives and by using only the base MC product, maybe by giving more MC than is recommended? The answer is no.

To correct the record... I do not run the ENTIRE GLN line... I will save trying their calmag product for when I need it... for when I am growing tomatoes... but for cannabis, that product was not recommended with v2 of the MC. Again, I run this stuff in soil, where it was designed to work best. Hydro systems need a little more care than what I need to take. Also, if you run RO water under LED, the base product probably doesn't have enough magnesium, so follow the hydro guys/girls advice on this. In soil and with tap water, I don't appear to need it.
I seem to have less issues when using tap water that's stayed out for 24-72 hrs with stone in it. I use distilled or ro water always ph up tend to over fertilize, tap water is ph down but guess has ur cal mag plus other minerals and I dont have an issue. I just account for the 210-250 ppm when mixing up a new batch so I wanna be around 1000,1100 ppm I'll make my water with nutes like 1250 1350. Do you think this weekend I'll be entering week 8 of flower do u think it's too late to add a few cobs in either full spectrum and lowest kelvins or full spec plus red or 100% red. Do you use cobs and what brand would u recommend. My current lights are both HLG quantum boards 260 4000k seed thru veg then HLG 550 v1 3000k flower footprint is 4.5x4.5 at like 18 inches I think maybe 22. But the out skirts I think could use some extra lighting

@bluter currently running HLG 550 v1 3000k , then I added my HLG 260 v1 4000k still full spectrum on both so wouldn't hurt. And as far as bloom booster i use hydroplex as well as a salt powder called monster bloom didnt see online I dont think but small bag from hydro store is 10 bucks. I was told to order MOAB bloom booster for last 2 or 3 weeks. Should be here tom ran out of mega bloom

@Emilya would they be good for supplemental lighting around the out skirts of my tent I have a 5x5 with an HLG 550 has flower foot print of 4.5x4.5 feet so most cobs I've seen are whole lights or one single lense with like a 2x2 ft print. Only issue ive see with any of the strip LEDs they are all pretty low in power and I used HLG first in love them just dont know much about other brands.

@Emilya would they be good for supplemental lighting around the out skirts of my tent I have a 5x5 with an HLG 550 has flower foot print of 4.5x4.5 feet so most cobs I've seen are whole lights or one single lense with like a 2x2 ft print. Only issue ive see with any of the strip LEDs they are all pretty low in power and I used HLG first in love them just dont know much about other brands.
yes indeed... I believe our sponsor Timber has a single cob light that you can put wherever it is needed... and you can choose the color you would like. COBS can have a fairly large footprint if you don't use the reflector... it really is a very versatile and powerful light

I'm running 3000k hlg's and 3 of 3500k Timber daisys in the 4x4 (bloom). Pleased with the combo so far. With the 2700 k and 1750 k light spectrums for bloom i feel like i'm losing umols somewhere why i went with those 2 spectrums. Will see how this run comes in with the timbers and hlg's . Added the daisy's last 2 weeks of bloom last round so don't have a true trial of them just yet. But are handy i will say to hang in any dark corners of the tent or room.

I'm running 3000k hlg's and 3 of 3500k Timber daisys in the 4x4 (bloom). Pleased with the combo so far. With the 2700 k and 1750 k light spectrums for bloom i feel like i'm losing umols somewhere why i went with those 2 spectrums. Will see how this run comes in with the timbers and hlg's . Added the daisy's last 2 weeks of bloom last round so don't have a true trial of them just yet. But are handy i will say to hang in any dark corners of the tent or room.
What is umols? So ur HLGs are 3000k and 3 3500k cobs which light has the 2700 or 1750k?
What are you HLGs? 260 300 360? And is there a link to the sponsor and for being a member do we get a discount? I have in my flower tent 2 HLGs 3000k full spectrum and then took my 260 bc its 2 boards I never bridged together so I have the 3000k in the middle and the 4000k full spectrum 1 on each side , but since its warmer I have 3000 turn on then 30 mins later the 4000k turns on. It's full spectrum so wont hurt i I finished my last grow my 1st with the 4000k HLG 260. But I wanna get 2 cobs for the other 2 walls in the tent. So you and emilya recommend timber daisies. But ur saying u dont recommend 2700k in the cob or do they come in full spec plus red or str8 red?

Question for any buddy @Pennywise @Kismet @Emilya Do I need a micro scope or magnifying glass to see when trichomes are ready to they are milky before they turn amber. Then second what's your guys opinion on drying last time I cut each branch or node cut them at like 18 to 22 inches long trimmed them but my 1st time make sure u remove ever single fan leaf if ur goin to do that I would evenly space them and tie to a plastic clothes hanger fit about 5 or 6 per rack. But a friend of mine says trim it by bud and dry on racks. Only benefits I've read it that those bud still few days behind can ripen. Plz some guidelines and guidance thx.

Back
Top Bottom