Advice?

kaption

So i went a little over budget on my first grow room. A buddy of mine collected rare seeds awhile back in hopes of growing, and had offered to supply me with whatever i needed once i was up and running. He brings me 8 seeds of what he says is called "Heinous". Out of all 8 seeds only one sprouted. He says those were all the "heinous" seeds he had. If this plant turns out male should i see it through for the seeds? Or toss it and try another set? Also have a problem when it comes to cloning, if it is female. Only have 1 light and 2 t5's at one time.

Male plants don't seed. Do you plan on crossing it with a female from a different strain? What is the issue of cloning? It's easy to do, just read some of the tutorials on the process. I read a ton of the posts, did a little research and built a DIY aerocloner and have had almost 100% success.

Didnt think about that so if its male its completely useless. Its not the cloning process, its that i have 1 ballast and 1 reflector so im either running a mh or a hps. I have a seperate area for seedlings in a diff room with t5's. So i cant sex the clones or i lose the plants i cloned from.

Go to HD or Lowes and buy the cheapest fixture you can and a couple 23w CFLs, you can grow clones under them. You don't have to sex clones, they will all be the same sex as the donor plant. So, if this turns out to be a female, clone the shit out of her (your T5s work great for that) and then a week after they have some healthy roots, move them into your flower room. Keep 2-3 of the clones in your seedling area under the T5 and let them grow out into moms and then cut, rinse and repeat. I have one area for mom, clones and seedlings. I have either clones or seedling going, but not at the same time because of space.

Well thats the problem mostly. I dont know the sex of this plant, i wanted to clone to find sex. If female i plan to clone 8 plants for a full room. Can you keep a mother alive and healthy under a few t5's?

Absolutely, and go very light on the nutes for a mom. Otherwise you'll have a beast on your hands. I have 6 moms that I trim every 2 weeks because they are growing too well (if that's possible). I use a 24x4 (24" 4 tube) T5 fixture and it works like a champ.

If you want 8, take at least twice that to pick the healthiest and then save 2-3 for your moms.

So basically with 1 working bulb and 1 t5 at a time could i pull it off? Will the plant become strong enuff to clone under just the t5? If so could i clone and put the clone by the mother under the same t5 until they are big enuff to flower and move them into my flowering room under the hps and keep the mother under the 1 t5? ive just really went over budget and cant afford to buy any more lights at the moment.

What size T5 fixture do you have? If it is big enough to cover your mom and a cloner you should be good. You could also add a CFL to for extra light during cloning. But, yes you can make it work with one fixture for the flower room and the T5 for moms and clones.

Veg your clones under the T5 for a week or two and then straight into flower. When you're 4 weeks from harvest cut more clones and your on your way. That is what I'm doing and it is working very well for me.

As soon as I get off my butt I'll do a journal on the next grow.

Didnt think about that so if its male its completely useless. Its not the cloning process, its that i have 1 ballast and 1 reflector so im either running a mh or a hps. I have a seperate area for seedlings in a diff room with t5's. So i cant sex the clones or i lose the plants i cloned from.

Males are not useless. Males carry and release pollen. You can colect and save this pollen and use it to pollinate a different female for cross breeding and/or seed stock.
As for cloning... males usually show sex before females and you can always flower the male early, determine sex and then reveg it if it's a female.
Mothers require less light, less food and occasional root trimmings to keep them small and slow growing.
Here is a link to a great post that explains how to have a perpetual harvest without the need to keep mother plants.

What is a flowering clone?

1 Dual 2’ T5. I was thinking about doing it that way aswell but started reading bad things about cloning flowering plants. Only other thing i could think of would be to clone her or him, then either flower her/him while clones r coming up. Or let her/him share the light with the clones, then move the clones to flower and keep her/him under t5's.

Oh and im using a humidity dome , with heat mat . I dunno if that counts as a cloner if not i dont have one.

As soon as I get off my butt I'll do a journal on the next grow.

Im keeping notes on paper right now and will put together a journal when i get up and growing. Little mad about it right now. I started this off planning to do somthing small and cheap, and just kept running into problems and needing this and that. Didnt want to half ass anything, but ended up spening almost 2k (overkill) and didnt buy any good seeds.

Back
Top Bottom