Newbieadvice

Hello,

I am growing for my first time for my wife for medicinal use as she has a chronic pain illness.
I have a very small stealth grow box with LED lights

This is the spec

180w Led Grow Light

For Indoor Greenhouse Plant Seeding, Growth & Flowering full Cycles
Spectra of Light: 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm, 730nm ,and white,This enhanced spectral output covering full PAR (440-660nm) promotes photosynthesis for Growth & Blooming
Real IR spectrum: 730nm (better than the 850nm led)
LED Output Power: 60 pcs at 3 watts each, High Power Efficiency, Low Energy Consumption
Power consumption under 110V: 96W-103W; 220V: 93W-99W
Dimension: 270mm*270mm*60mm
Long Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours
Angle of leds: 90/120°Mixed
Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V

— Digital thermometer/ hygrometer

— Fully Integrated Cooling System with 2 x 80mm fans.One to provide fresh air and one for exhaust. Speed of the fans is adjustable!

However I am having issues with leaves starting to go brown at edges and then eventually the whole leaf before getting crispy.

Should I have the fan going all the time during growing stage?

I checked ph and it was too acidic after feeding so repotted.

Is the light to strong for the space as it is 40cm X 40cm X 80cm high.

It is my first time and I have two plants in pots but worried I am ruining it.

Any advice please?

Hey Newbie

180w for 2 plants is actually quite a low wattage it might get you through some of the veg stage but you might want to look into larger HPS lights for flowering they are more effective (you'll get more harvest) and pretty cheap.

Im new myself as well but so far my observations are have you already started feeding your seedlings it could be over feeding could we have some pictures also whats your growing medium?

Grab yourself an oscillating fan if you can and have it on 24/7 promotes healthy stems and good airflow helps prevent mold.

Your space is very small to be honest it'll be ok for vegetation/seedling period but if you want to grow good medicine id recommend moving to a larger grow tent or larger room.

Hope this helps! Goodluck with your grow! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom