Advocate420 Soil Grow 2018

Advocate420

Thought I’d start a fresh journal, hope to gain some interaction and learning.

Dropped two seeds a feminized Cookies Kush and Blueberry OG from Barney’s Farm. Both indica dom with high THC ratings.
For early seed starting and early veg I’m using 2ft 4 bulb t5. I changed the bulbs to 2 full spectrum with uv, one 5400k and one 6400k I left in.

Soil is Coast of Maine Stonington blend growers mix. A super soil blend I’ve had good luck with.

I’ve chosen to pop my seeds in soil, 1 gal smart pots. For me with other methods I was having too many learning mistakes and wasnt as successful. Strait in the one gal pots they don’t get transplanted till ready for final pot so for me it saves some transplanting and decreases veg time some. I just find you have to keep the soil moist and humidity high. The pic is before covering the seed lightly with soil.

My space for starting is a 4x2 ft grow tent. Inline duct fan for exhaust with carbon filter I had on hand.

Looks like temps will be in low 70s lights on and upper 60s lights off. Humidity in air is around 50% but I’m using a humidity dome to try to keep higher until I get a few nodes.

I use spring water and no nutes at this stage. Occasionally r/o water if in a bind. I try to never give plant strait r/o water for several reasons. For nutes I use General Organics go box nute line. I follow the chart on the back of the box for my entire grow. With my soil I havnt had to ph my water and have few problems past couple grows. I also add hefty helpings of molasses and microbes to every feeding.

Here’s a pic of the flower tent going in my other journal. Just haven’t gotten too much interaction.

Okay so the clock has started. Let’s see what happens. Thank you !

I'm in! You know the way to get people to your thread is to spend most of your time on other people's threads right? Read a few (or all) pages and join in the conversations with encouragement and something that might be helpful. Eventually people will get interested in what you have going on and stop by!

Looking forward to this one:thumb:.

Yeah.... many of us spend a lot of time replying and forget new journals exist. I now watch for new threads automatically, to make sure no one goes unnoticed. It's a bummer, no one was really active in your other journal.

I try to be active in all the journals I follow, although I had to cut that number by a large amount. It was taking a lot of time just to stay caught up.

Still, we'll be here now.....

:high-five:

I'm in! You know the way to get people to your thread is to spend most of your time on other people's threads right? Read a few (or all) pages and join in the conversations with encouragement and something that might be helpful. Eventually people will get interested in what you have going on and stop by!.
Looking forward to this one:thumb:.

I do have to get better chatting on other journals. The busier threads are so hard for me to follow. I usually try to catch newer journals. Best advice you could give though. Thank you

Yeah.... many of us spend a lot of time replying and forget new journals exist. I now watch for new threads automatically, to make sure no one goes unnoticed. It's a bummer, no one was really active in your other journal.

I try to be active in all the journals I follow, although I had to cut that number by a large amount. It was taking a lot of time just to stay caught up.

Still, we'll be here now.....

:high-five:
What great news. Thank you for your drive and commitment!

Hey Advocate420. Sorry about not seeing your journals. I get lost
in my own world and don't look for new threads much anymore.

InTheShed is right about playing on other threads. It is how I got here. Lol.

Cheers friend. Looking forward to it.

I'm sub'd in and eager to watch your progress here. Certainly will want to check out Barney's Farms for seeds to see what they have. Are they local to you, or internet mail order?
I have been loving their strains. My last order was from the vault. I find my favorite freebies through 420 sponsors and have not one bad experience. I ordered them with a card, sent to my home.

Hey Advocate420. Sorry about not seeing your journals. I get lostin my own world and don't look for new threads much anymore.
InTheShed is right about playing on other threads. It is how I got here. Lol.
Cheers friend. Looking forward to it.
Thank you for joining. Yes I’ve dedicated all my free time to comments the past few days and notice the difference for sure. Shed be a smart one! I avoid the bigger threads but try to see any newer ones. Still learning how to use this resource!

I've been wondering about getting more exposure and have been a slightly less that visible luker at times here. Thanks to @InTheShed and @Bonsaiweed giving great advice on the commenting and checking out more journals. I had been thinking that was the way to do it, but wasn't sure the value. Dialed In for sure now.

Morning 20, just have a minute this am as my own grow room is in need of attention.... Am building in my Budding/Curing room... for examples of this part of my room see my low budget journal... Any way my last grow I did grow some Barneys Cookie Kush, and was a bit disappointed by the harvest weight tho not the vigor or time.... I was in a hurry as i was moving during move so attention to last minute details coulda been better... Off three seeds i ended up with about 13 ounces that tested out at about 22%... others Kush I have grown have averaged better yeilds.... any who Green Day and happy Grow.. see ya soon...

Morning 20, just have a minute this am as my own grow room is in need of attention.... Am building in my Budding/Curing room... for examples of this part of my room see my low budget journal... Any way my last grow I did grow some Barneys Cookie Kush, and was a bit disappointed by the harvest weight tho not the vigor or time.... I was in a hurry as i was moving during move so attention to last minute details coulda been better... Off three seeds i ended up with about 13 ounces that tested out at about 22%... others Kush I have grown have averaged better yeilds.... any who Green Day and happy Grow.. see ya soon...
Thank you for the heads up. That would be okay stats with me. I’m not so sure I know how to push out 22% ! And I only grow for myself but I like to get what I put in like anyone. I’ll check out your grows. Thanks.

I am very eager to watch your outdoor grow. I wish we lived somewhere we could do an outdoor grow...but I'm grateful to have found Crop King and gotten some of the autoflowering-fem WW seeds. My babies are doing awesome!
I did one last year in a legal state with the right location. All indoornow unless I hide some in the woods and I’m not up for that. But months later I still have nice cured product. The plants got huge.

Good luck. Id like to see some barneys genetics got my eye on a couple strains.
I did the Pinapple Chunk outdoors and this one now indoors. Be awhile before I test this one but the outdoor is a great hit hehe. All my outdoor lost weight to bud rot but it worked out.

I did the Pinapple Chunk outdoors and this one now indoors. Be awhile before I test this one but the outdoor is a great hit hehe. All my outdoor lost weight to bud rot but it worked out.
I like pineapple chunk smoked it a couple times once actually in dam in barneys coffee shop lol. I saw something on youtube with some guy washing the budrot out of his buds... dunno if he used any chems or just pure water because I couldnt watch it, I really dont think i agree with that ish. But what do you reckon?

I like pineapple chunk smoked it a couple times once actually in dam in barneys coffee shop lol. I saw something on youtube with some guy washing the budrot out of his buds... dunno if he used any chems or just pure water because I couldnt watch it, I really dont think i agree with that ish. But what do you reckon?
I destroyed any sign of bud rot by my choice.

Take it from someone who ended up with about 30 grams of budrot on one plant last summer...you can't wash away budrot. Powdery mildew yes, botrytis no. I did save those buds using a steam technique to use for topical oils though and that worked fine. If you're interested in that I can find the post for you where I explained how it's done.

Take it from someone who ended up with about 30 grams of budrot on one plant last summer...you can't wash away budrot. Powdery mildew yes, botrytis no. I did save those buds using a steam technique to use for topical oils though and that worked fine. If you're interested in that I can find the post for you where I explained how it's done.
Yer if you could id appreciate it. Be good for me in the future just in case.

Back
Top Bottom