Advocate420 Soil Grow 2018

Nice have trouble stopping hahaha
Trying to take a break for the summer. Probably will have a couple of mothers going anyways.
Oh don't misunderstand me. I have 2 new plants going in a new journal. The breather is having a reserve lol.
Anything can go wrong in a grow and they do. I dont want to not have smoke so that what i mean hehe. I dont have a use for mothers with my plant numbers yet. I like doing a banzai though. Weed is fun to torture with scissors cause it grows so fast. Ive always been curious about re vegging a plant after harvest.

Oh don't misunderstand me. I have 2 new plants going in a new journal. The breather is having a reserve lol.
Anything can go wrong in a grow and they do. I dont want to not have smoke so that what i mean hehe. I dont have a use for mothers with my plant numbers yet. I like doing a banzai though. Weed is fun to torture with scissors cause it grows so fast. Ive always been curious about re vegging a plant after harvest.
I am revegging a plant I harvested at xmas. Its my first reveg. Its going pretty well. Depending on how I end up liking the smoke from the plant harvested, I may or may not cut a clone and grow it out. Figured it would be good to know how to do this in case I either lose a strain or find a late keeper. Its pretty easy and I have a few tips for you if and when you attempt it.

Well about 10 days before you intend to harvest, you want to start stimulating the roots to produce "vegging" roots. To do that, you want to put your flowering girl that you want to reveg, back into 18/6 lighting. Then you will let her continue flowering under 18/6 until you are ready to harvest OR you start to see any sort of new growth on the leaves (single small bladed fan leaves, normally rounded). Harvest everything except about 5-7 smaller nugs down low (or where ever) and put her under 24/0 to speed it up or keep it under 18/6.

Once I get a shoot popping up thats long enough to clone, I will cut it and get it going. I will keep the rest of the plant revegging under either 24/0 or 18/6 until the clone roots. Once your clone is rooted, you can start over again!

But the key is you need root growth and you are only going to get that with manipulating your lighting. Change your lighting 10-14 days before harvest and you will be well on your way to an easy and much faster reveg.

Hi Advocate, just checking to see if you have been active. Hope life is going good:thumb::Namaste:
Hanging in there. Life is challenging lately. Very busy. Plants are doing great. Maybe I can post some pics. I’m still here listening.
Happy 420 all !

Hanging in there. Life is challenging lately. Very busy. Plants are doing great. Maybe I can post some pics. I’m still here listening.
Happy 420 all !
Hey bro! Glad ya still kicking about.
Happy 420!
Id liks to see what ya got in the garden aswell mate. Wheres these pics :p

Well about 10 days before you intend to harvest, you want to start stimulating the roots to produce "vegging" roots. To do that, you want to put your flowering girl that you want to reveg, back into 18/6 lighting. Then you will let her continue flowering under 18/6 until you are ready to harvest OR you start to see any sort of new growth on the leaves (single small bladed fan leaves, normally rounded). Harvest everything except about 5-7 smaller nugs down low (or where ever) and put her under 24/0 to speed it up or keep it under 18/6.

Once I get a shoot popping up thats long enough to clone, I will cut it and get it going. I will keep the rest of the plant revegging under either 24/0 or 18/6 until the clone roots. Once your clone is rooted, you can start over again!

But the key is you need root growth and you are only going to get that with manipulating your lighting. Change your lighting 10-14 days before harvest and you will be well on your way to an easy and much faster reveg.
Hey Van - of course I read your method after I harvested this Sensi Star (see photo). I left a number of small nugs low on the plant and it is now under 24/7 veg light (see photo)
D69E6483-9712-432C-A1A1-14A1E50DD919.jpeg
486B304F-2918-4494-ACAC-77BECAC1A333.jpeg
7EE73FD2-28B2-4D1B-9106-1D0D314F360D.jpeg
. So it went from 12/12 to 24/0. Do you have any suggestions?

This feat requires patience from my experience. I also would have a moderate temperature.:high-five:
Thanks, Dynamo - I do have it in a cool room separate from the grow area.

Aside from hitting it with 18-24 hours of light a day.....just be patient. If you are using nutes.....maybe start light (1/4 strength) veg nutes again. I like to top dress with some good Nitrogen amendments along with mild K in the top dressing and a healthy dose of minerals.

Aside from hitting it with 18-24 hours of light a day.....just be patient. If you are using nutes.....maybe start light (1/4 strength) veg nutes again. I like to top dress with some good Nitrogen amendments along with mild K in the top dressing and a healthy dose of minerals.
Hey Van - thanks for reply. The day that we put her into reveg, she had some compost tea diluted to about 1/3 strength, which is not very strong as our ACTs’ do not get made that strong. I’ll follow your advice about the top dressing. One concern that I have is, when she was harvested, I left 13 of the small nugs on the few branches. Did I leave too many?

Attachments

• F455476D-8179-4052-9DBD-F8856295F99D.jpeg
    F455476D-8179-4052-9DBD-F8856295F99D.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom