Advocate420

Hello !
Going to try starting a fresh journal and attempt to expand on making it useful for myself and others.
A little About Me:
I started growing in the last couple years. I finally have my own space to use how I see fit now and without it effecting anyone else. I call it comfort :p. I am a medical patient and have my medical certifications. I am following all state laws.
Reasons I use cannabis:
Mecinically is has been treating my depression for over a decade. It helps alleviate suicidal ideation and improve mood for me. I was using it as medicine before it was accepted to be anything but a drug. I was fortunate to find a path with a cannabis professional who has been teaching me the how and why it works. Those were my first questions on my first appointment. I find relief for some types of anxiety. I officially am diagnosed BiPolar and am just trying to do my best to participate in society.
Recreationally and medically it is a change of mind.
Cannabis is also recognized in this thread as a sensory enhancing compound. The spiritual side of life and cannabis has been experienced and still needs to be put into regular practice for me.

I grow for only myself and do for many reasons. I have been able to go the dispensaries for several years now and found it to be an expensive way to live. Even had a bad experience with one giving out moldy meds. All the new legalization is great but I have never seen anything good come from most commercialization of any other plants. I’m very worried about the product that will be out there. Also i do not have to buy it or participate in any illegal activities associated with cannabis.
In the beginning processes, growing increased my anxiety quite a bit. I was all over the place. Worrying about so many variables I was literally getting severe anxiety and obsessive thinking on over drive. Over time as I got some practice I’ve now found it to be a wonderful hobby, contributing a tremendous amount of positive flow to my mental health. The benefits of having my pwn supply and being able to make different products makes the independance irreplacibile.

Methods I use:
From the ground up-
Never more than two plants in flower or 4 in veg.
TENT: 60x60x70 -likely getting a bigger one soon.
Pots: 20 gal air pots

Soil - I will be staying with the super soil brand Coast of Maine—Stonington Blend—[An OMRI listed, complex “super soil” designed for high performance growing in containers and large pots. You will not find a better soil for your tomatoes! Where growing cannabis and medicinal marijuana is legal, growers have also discovered the tremendous results of using Coast of Maine Stonington Blend Growers Mix! Developed for both professional and amateur growers, this blend incorporates mycorrhizal fungi, kelp, fish bone and alfalfa meal, as well as worm castings, peat, coir and lobster compost.]———
I hope to progress to a soil and tea only with this soil as I read and learn more information about organic gardening.

Water: I am now getting my water from a natural water fill station with ppm of 30 and ph in the 7-8 range. I put it in a reservoir where I heat it and aerate it. From there I pump it into one gallon jugs for easier mixing of the nutes. My house water is gross.
Nutes: I have transitioned to CANNA nutes and will stay with them for the following year. (always subject to change at any time) I havn’t gotten to smoke a harvest with these nutes yet but I have high expectations that it should be what they say. I follow their Bio Nutes program with a few little extras. In addition to the strait organic line I am also using the Cannazyme and P/K synthetic nutes in addition. I follow their chart for feed schedule and PPM, PH ranges. I also add additional microbes, some molasses, cal mag to raise the PPM. I will post more about It as I go this year.

Training: I use most all the techniques at some point of the grow. From seed I start in a 1 gal soil pot, lightly covered with soil and keep things moist in a humidity dome. After several weeks of growth I will cut it back to the second node and top it this time and only time in my grow. After topping I use LST and Super cropping to make a thick, bushy plant. From there its under the screen and trained under the screen until it reaches size. From this point I have some more adjusting to do as I keep out growing the net and losing my Scrog. The net just makes getting all the colas down and spreads my plant out horozontally. After this I have been doing the first defoliation by lollipopping. I also thin out anything that isn’t making my canopy or above the screen. After lillipopping I have been going by the grow, some plants have required removal of some fans late in a grow and others I didn’t at all. For me its what is right for the plant and environment for removal of fan leaves. I still think they matter.
Lighting: Veg is under 4 bulb T5 lighting. Been using 2 FS+UV, 65k and 54k. When it gets transplanted to 20gal pots I go with HID lighting, MH 600w until reaches size. Then for the flip I go to HPS havnt decided if I’m going to stay with the 1000w HPS or go down to 600 and add LED and FS, UV supplementation. Still working through this. I am going to get a light meter to start help making some of these decisions.

Ventilation: for this tent and set up I am running a 6” inline fan and carbon filter with passive intake. Fan is on constant and maintains a negative pressure in the tent. No smells at all. I even use the exhaust in the winter in the house, I have noticed it helping my furnace. The venilation runs through my vented hood for the HID lighting. I also have one large circulating fan as well as several small ones on the floor in in corners.
Temp/Humidity: I run dehumidifier and AC as needed to maintain temps of 65-80 the best I can. Humidity i try to keep below 60 percent in flower. I use a humidity dome to keep it higher for small plants.

Pests: None.

My Last 3 grown prior to harvest.

Thank you for reading. It’s my hope to reach out and show that the laws can be followed to provide the medicine you need even when as silly as a two plant maximum. I try to keep things super simple and always break down complex concepts into simple terms for myself to understand. I hope you joint me for my journey and please comment anything you want to ask or if you just need someone to chat with. We are all in it together.

This Grow will be Red Deisel by Barneys Farm and Strawberry Banana By Seedsman .

Strawberry Banana is a 70/30 indica-dominant cannabis strain developed by DNA Genetics in collaboration with Serious Seeds. A genetic cross between Crockett’s Banana Kush and the “Strawberry” phenotype of Bubble Gum, Strawberry Banana inherits a sweet fruity flavor that earned this hybrid her name. Known for its heavy resin production and high THC content, Strawberry Banana produces happy, peaceful effects that sharpen creativity and sensory awareness.

Red Diesel takes the distinctive sweet and sour diesel flavors of NYC Diesel and adds in California Orange, a stable heavy producer, to increase the yield and potency. Bred by Barney’s Farm, Red Diesel is a recurring option on the menus of Amsterdam coffee shops. The powerful euphoric effects have an immediate impact and give consumers an energetic rush that lifts your mood.

I'm in to watch the progress. I have to say I love the 20 gallon pots! I've grown in large pots before with great success. I believe that if you keep the root system healthy they really thrive in the larger containers. I also really like your selection of strains. I was eyeing the strawberry banana from Crockett farms recently. And who doesn't love diesel's

I'm in to watch the progress. I have to say I love the 20 gallon pots! I've grown in large pots before with great success. I believe that if you keep the root system healthy they really thrive in the larger containers. I also really like your selection of strains. I was eyeing the strawberry banana from Crockett farms recently. And who doesn't love diesel's
Thank you Dank..
I am a big pot, big plant kinda guy hehe. So many reasons I do it.
I’m excited for this run. Been having great luck. I did blueberry OG and Cookies Kush on my last grow.

I got my strawberry banana in the Seedsman 420 package from April. I got an email that they got it to test in the 30s % for THC.

I havnt looked at sub cools stuff too closely yet. I went with this option because I have no idea what I’m doing yet. I have read a lot of good things about it though. Here is more from coast of maine on their growers mix..
We use all natural ingredients

seaweed.jpg

Stonington Blend is a rich mixture of horticultural grade sphagnum peat, coco fiber (coir) lobster compost, composted dark bark, dehydrated hen manure, perlite, worm castings and a mixture of meals (kelp, alfalfa, fish bone), mycorrhizae and dolomithic limestone to adjust pH.
Stonington Blend is carefully formulated from natural ingredients to provide an ideal balance between water retention, soil texture, drainage and aeration in a consistent growing medium.
lobster.jpg
This unique container mix is named after the historic fishing village of Stonington, located on the south shore of Deer Isle in East Penobscot Bay. Settled in the 1760’s, Stonington is today Maine’s largest commercial fishing port and once home to an important granite quarrying industry.
Stonington Blend contains viable mycorrhizal propagules per cubic centimeter (cc) of the following organism:
Endo Mycorrhizae species:

Glomus intraradices @ 00.07 spores/cc

Very nice! Does it seem too hot for young plants. I mostly use organic seedling soil for seedlings in a solo cup. Then up pot into ffof or a mix of the two for first up pot into one gallon containers. Then finally up pot into straight ffof in 5 gallon pots
Absolutely not. Never burned anything with this soil.

Good deal. I'm stuck using whatever my grow store has available. I have considered mixing up a 1/4 sized batch of subcools recipe. But I'm worried about it being stinky. Lol. If it smells like some of the ingredients. My wife wouldn't be happy ;)
Happy wife, happy life i believe it goes. You can see what’s in this soil and i think it has no odor possibly a nice one. I would think most good soil would be if done correctly.

Those pots look awfully small to me for 20 gallons, but I need to see first hand to confirm. Never actually seen the felt pots before, not common around here.

I will be switching to a supersoil next winter, will be the same recipe as subcool, as it is all layer out for me, just need to start saving for that expensive endeavor
The final pots are 20 gal. They live in a 1 gal till then.. these above pics are in 1 gal the top flowering pic in my intro is in 20.
They work great !

I'm in a new place. Trying to rehab a turn off the century house. Wouldn't have been my first choice but it's what I could afford and it has caricature. Hopefully soon I will be able to get a grow back up and running I'm stocked up so not in too much of a hurry
Time is a wonderful and terrible thing.

Ahh that makes sense then lol. I want to try some of those pots out, just need to find a liner or tray to keep them on
Yup i use as cloning tray for the two 1 gal. Then use a large plant saucer under each pot. Easy cheesy..

Back
Top Bottom