Advocate420's A Fresh Start - 600W - Soil Grow 2017 - Pineapple Chunk & Purple Crack

Advocate420

Hello, welcome to Advocate420's A Fresh Start
A little about me, I am a Brand new grower. I am a medical patient following all state written laws. I'm hoping to get help with my grow and make some friends. Most of my knowledge comes from reading online. I do not have any friends or connections involved with cannabis at this time.

My original Grow The path to least resistance failed.

I picked up some clones from an unknown source. I quickly developed trouble with soil mites and powdery mildew. I have decided to kill all my progress and start from complete scratch. hope it helps.
I will be wiping all surfaces with a bleach solution. All original plants, soil and pots trashed. Brand new sealed fox farms soil as listed below. Will be starting veggies also.
I will add pictures of the two spaces while cleaning and waiting for the order.
I will be starting from seed if I receive them as planned. I found the company through 420 magazines trusted sponsors.

---------------------------------///-------/----------------Flower closet is 4.5 X3.5 x6
------------------------------------------------------------Veg Tent is 4x2x4
What strain is it?-----------------------------------------Barneys pineapple chunk and cali connection purple crack on order.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ----Pineapple chunk indica dominate, purple crack info not listed.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?---------------------------- Seeds ordered
If in Veg... For how long?-------------------------------to be determined
If in Flower stage... For how long?---------------------not yet
Indoor or outdoor? --------------------------------------Indoor
Soil or Hydro?--------------------------------------------soil fox farms ocean forest
If soil... what is in your mix?----------------------------ocean forest mix as is
If soil... What size pot?---------------------------------- when grown 15 gal or bigger. I love big pots for big roots.
Size of light?---------------------------------------------600w HPS for flower. T5 4 tube 4 foot and or two foot for veg
Is it air-cooled? ------------------------------------------Flower room is a vented hood, 6 inch ducting with one inline fan out and 6 inch passive in, may add another 6 inch passive in. Carbon scrubber. Veg tent is passive air with 6inch inline fan exhaust on temp gauge.

Temp of Room/cab? --------------------------------------Flower room averages like 85F at top of recent canopy (may improve with additional inlet ventilation) with 65F dark. Veg tent 74F

RH of Room/cab?------------------------------------------Flower room about 35%, Veg room 50%
PH of media or res?--------------------------------------- to be determined
Any Pests ?------------------------------------------------- Started steril processes.
How often are you watering?------------------------------ not yet
Type and strength of ferts used?-------------------------- General Organics Go Box. Will use none up to start of veg

Re: Advocate420's A Fresh Start - 600W - Soil Grow 2017 - Pineapple Chunk & Purple Cr

IMG_007673.JPG
IMG_007574.JPG
IMG_007471.JPG

Commence Advocate420's Operation April bug and spore smackdown.

I used a saw to cut my plants down :rip::rip: tossed my clones. Soil and pots gone.

Today I start a full cleaning with sterilization practices to start all over. Lights are off now though it might be a good idea to stagger it off and on for the next few months since my electric suddenly increased by 100$ And raised eyebrows. I'm also doing indoor veggies.

I have a pet bird so a lot of the fogging, bombs and sprays would kill her. So with this I intend to
Bleach water all surfaces
Clean the rooms the tents are in.
Considering treatments with high powered UVC lighting.
Treat all rugs with something deadly I havnt picked yet.
And maybe just spray bleach over and through the duct work.

Any cleanliness tips or product suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: Advocate420's A Fresh Start - 600W - Soil Grow 2017 - Pineapple Chunk & Purple Cr

Part one of April smackdown completed.
Disinfected all floors, walls, every inch of tent, fans, rugs, washed all cloth, couches and cages. Still have the room and flower tent left. Here is a before and after of veg tent.
IMG_007766.JPG
IMG_008072.JPG

Considering starting some veggies while I wait.

Hi Advocate,

Looks lonely over here. You sound alot like me. I don't have cannabis friends, but have met a few online that are very nice!

My first grow was last summer and was given a Purple Crack clone. Was able to finish the grow with a little bud rot (wet Maine fall weather) but the smoke was very nice! I am pleased with it!

Inside, I use those no pest strips and notice a few mites sticking to it. Don't see any around the buds, though. Hope I don't have to experience what you're going through. Growing and cloning my own plants now, so can keep pests at a minimum (knock on wood).

Looks like you have nice equipment. Hope it comes together for you next time. Green buds and Happy Smoke to you.

Hi Advocate,

Looks lonely over here. You sound alot like me. I don't have cannabis friends, but have met a few online that are very nice!

My first grow was last summer and was given a Purple Crack clone. Was able to finish the grow with a little bud rot (wet Maine fall weather) but the smoke was very nice! I am pleased with it!

Inside, I use those no pest strips and notice a few mites sticking to it. Don't see any around the buds, though. Hope I don't have to experience what you're going through. Growing and cloning my own plants now, so can keep pests at a minimum (knock on wood).

Looks like you have nice equipment. Hope it comes together for you next time. Green buds and Happy Smoke to you.

It is lonely. Thank you for picking it up. I am a maniac as well BTW

Good to hear you liked her. I'm hoping with the indoors I'll be able to prevent bug rot but we will see.

Scary to find signs of mites. Usually where there is one there are thousands more. I hope not the case for you also. Best wishes. Starting with everything really clean feels good too I'm noticing.

I'm spoiled. I pretty much buy what I want. Single, no kids. Just me, my truck and now my grow.

It is lonely. Thank you for picking it up. I am a maniac as well BTW

Nice and clean grow space, definitely a sure sign of an obsessive mind lol.

I'm subbed in, good luck :thumb:

As an all or nothing type. It's either nothing at all. Or completely obsessed. It's nice to have something that gives back too.

Thank you for subbing. It's an honor to take up your typing and time reading.

I secretly wondering if my half hazard approache to the first clones was all a recipe to show I didn't care enough. Idk

I guess I should join the maniac club considering my name is a weird kind of crazy lol. I'm pretty much the same Advocate, I put a lot into my plants, usually pain and I want a lot back in return if I can. What I want and what I get though....:rofl:

I guess I should join the maniac club considering my name is a weird kind of crazy lol. I'm pretty much the same Advocate, I put a lot into my plants, usually pain and I want a lot back in return if I can. What I want and what I get though....:rofl:

I try to draw a clear line between what I want, and what I need to accomplish a said task. There is always another way, cheaper, more innovative, whatever. I avoid the stress and live impulsively and get what I want, not what I need.

I always focus on what I want and forget what I have I guess is where I'm going with that.

I think that made no sense. Lol

Thank you guys. Let me know if you want ordering details for my beans. Shoot me a message. But I now shop from the trusted sponsors of 420 magazines with ease. Now if they make it to my door who knows.

I must be getting stoned, I rode that for a long way, only dropped off when you said it made no sense yourself :rofl: In that case I kind of get it :thumb:

Thank you guys. Let me know if you want ordering details for my beans. Shoot me a message. But I now shop from the trusted sponsors of 420 magazines with ease. Now if they make it to my door who knows.

I don't know who you ordered from but the bad feedback is getting more rare all the time when it comes to seed shipping, I suppose that companies have realised that with communities as voracious as :420: and such that it's better to keep their customers happy by doing their best, I should think they'll make it.

I've never ordered before. I think I can promote them as they are sponsored Cannabis Seeds from Bonza Seedbank
Ordering by the single bean so keeps prices down and lets you get a variety. It's a big bank with several of the big name seeds companies. There customer service is online and awesome. I'm just waiting my first order has been shipped. And they take credit card as I'm a instant gratification shopper.

Here's flower room before cleaning and after. I added about 3 feet into the top of the flower tent. My light can now go almost 6 feet up. I'm betting I can use the height and will be happy i did it. Also my UV lights came in today. Neat color. Check it out.
IMG_007471.JPG
IMG_007574.JPG
IMG_039650.JPG
IMG_040449.JPG
IMG_040356.JPG
IMG_040257.JPG

So I thought I was all slick testing the UV light. If I had any doubt of it's power I've learned better now. Just got out of emergency department with the same problem as welders flash. I was only exposed for a few minutes. Hours later when trying to sleep my eyes started burning intensely. I couldn't open them, I tried taking a shower and flushing with no success. After treatment my eyes are killing me and I have a headache. I just wanted to say holy crap, this shit is dangerous.

Holy shit. Hope everythings alright.

Woopsies. I had no idea it could happen so fast. I guess wearing eye protection wasn't like a warning label on a pillow.

Damn, sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital pal, eye protection should always be worn when possible in the grow room. Check out Method Seven glasses, they make them for both HPS and LED and should save you from more trips to A&E. Stay safe :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom