Aero cloner with light and smell proof tent for $75

Those are some nice setups !! Mine doesn't have a separate res, will that be a problem when my roots hit the water ?

Ohh & I use the small Gatorade bottles. I just toss in a fresh one every 12 hours if I can

Thanks - I think it works :) Like you might have figured out, I am no expert either, but I think that you want to keep the roots out of the reservoir so that they can breathe. Otherwise it would turn into a deep water culture, wouldn't it? That might not be bad either, but it would require an air stone. Plus, I didn't want the roots getting to the pump and being sucked in.

Alright guys - time to do some problem solving. . .

The pH is 5.9 and the ppm is 475. Just put in new water/nutes 2 days ago.

The "problem" is that I am getting "strange" leaves. No idea why they don't look "normal" and one of them is even kinda curled. They are growing like gang busters right now, just looking strange.

Please help me out and let me know what is going on?

IMG_046013.JPG
IMG_046412.JPG
IMG_04638.JPG
IMG_046114.JPG

As for the last 3 pics I have some headband & Vanilla kush & platinum OG that revegged & they were growing single fingered leaves like the one in your pic. They looked real veiny how yours look & some new growth even came out curled like your 2nd & 3rd pic. They have since started flowering again & are now producing 3 fingered leaves instead of singles

Anyways, Good luck & keep it up :thumb:

As for the last 3 pics I have some headband & Vanilla kush & platinum OG that revegged & they were growing single fingered leaves like the one in your pic. They looked real veiny how yours look & some new growth even came out curled like your 2nd & 3rd pic. They have since started flowering again & are now producing 3 fingered leaves instead of singles

Anyways, Good luck & keep it up :thumb:
Thanks for the comment.

So, you are saying nothing to worry about then? Proceed as I am?

They are re-vegging, the pistils indicate that the clones were taken from a pre-/flowering mom. The clones will grow out 5 fingers once they are a bit older. Not much to worry about :)

Ah - that is an answer that sounds just fine by me :)

I am not entirely sure if thats the only problem. But it seems to be revegging & if thats the case you should be fine & it will grow out of it. How many hours do you have your lights on ?

The lights are on 24/7, and yes, they were taken from flowering plants

Looking Good ! I think that would make them F2 (2nd Generation) clones if i'm not mistaken ?
I think the F1, F2 is more for breeding and genetics. The cuttings from the mom are the same genetically as the mother plant and could be considered 2nd generation, but in actuality, they're just a continuation of the original plant. They carry the same age of the original in terms of maturity. That is the reason you can put clones straight into flower, they're already sexually mature.

The roots on those clones are looking pretty long. They are ready for a new home soon. I've found that the sooner I can get my clones out of the cloner and into the grow system the better they do.

It doesn't look like you're getting a lot of lateral root growth. Are you stripping away the lower part of your stems when you place them in the cloner? I scrape mine with a razor before I dip them in the clonex. Also, the net pots may be impeding the spray from hitting them and that may also be a cause of the long-skinny roots. Maybe on your next run try trimming back the bottom of the net pots on a few of them to see how it works.

Here's what mine look like after about 5 days:
DSCN02383.JPG

And about 10 days
DSCN02994.JPG

At this point I am putting them into the grow box.

Good looking setup, those clones are looking very green and bushy.

I think the F1, F2 is more for breeding and genetics. The cuttings from the mom are the same genetically as the mother plant and could be considered 2nd generation, but in actuality, they're just a continuation of the original plant. They carry the same age of the original in terms of maturity. That is the reason you can put clones straight into flower, they're already sexually mature.

The roots on those clones are looking pretty long. They are ready for a new home soon. I've found that the sooner I can get my clones out of the cloner and into the grow system the better they do.

It doesn't look like you're getting a lot of lateral root growth. Are you stripping away the lower part of your stems when you place them in the cloner? I scrape mine with a razor before I dip them in the clonex. Also, the net pots may be impeding the spray from hitting them and that may also be a cause of the long-skinny roots. Maybe on your next run try trimming back the bottom of the net pots on a few of them to see how it works.

Good looking setup, those clones are looking very green and bushy.

That is great info. And boy do your roots look much better then mine. . . I did not know about scraping with the first clones, but I did do it on the second batch. I will cut the netpot off of half of them tonight, and see how that goes. I think it will help for especially the 2" pots. I want to keep them for the 3.75" pots, because I think that they will provide lateral stability to the plant?

Thanks again for the suggestions.

awsome guys i need to know what are you using as a solution? ,do you need an air stone? iv been using an air stone in my solution, and i just use aquarium water my set up is in an old aquarium styrofoam top with six plastic cups filled with pyrite i smoked a fatty seen this thred and was inspired :high-five: i will post pics as soon as i can :bravo:

awsome guys i need to know what are you using as a solution? ,do you need an air stone? iv been using an air stone in my solution, and i just use aquarium water my set up is in an old aquarium styrofoam top with six plastic cups filled with pyrite i smoked a fatty seen this thred and was inspired :high-five: i will post pics as soon as i can :bravo:
I hope you're not using pyrite in there, perlite is much less dense.

One of the best primers on cloning is in Kara's Journal Kara's Bible - Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow she has been absent for a while, but she is a solid grower with a lot of information. The cloning information is in the first page.

As for myself I use filtered tap water, clonex gel on the stem and a few drops of superthrive. After about 3~4 days, I add a very weak nute solution to the mix. There are as many ways to clone as there are successful growers. Find one that works for you and then build on that experience. Aero, bubbler, root riot plugs, grodan cubes, peat plugs, soil etc...

Thanks.Yeah here you go ! I have two of them & they are great. I hate myself for almost buying an ez cloner, I made two of them, got an extra pump that I used for the flower tub, & free clonex solution & gel & a NFT-1e timer for $95

I think my temps are high as well since my pump is in my res, the 1 on/ 4 off timer helped drop temps a little rather then running it 24/7. I have been using a frozen water bottle to keep them down the last few weeks as I cant afford a chiller.

I'm going to try to flower 3 in the tub soon in my greenhouse so I'll keep you posted. That will be in a few weeks when my greenhouse clears up a bit. I am very interested in this however, I see soo many Diy aero cloners but have not seen someone try to flower in one. I wonder what the best method is, to use hydroton ? Or ive seen some use perlite ? I simply cut the bottom of the net pots & am using neoprene inserts but I dont know how the plants stem will affect the neoprene as it grows. I've seen stems that will easily fill my neoprene insert so I'm anxious to see if this will fail

Anyways

2011-08-13_11_18_00.jpg
2011-08-13_11_18_10.jpg
2011-08-09_13_49_39.jpg
2011-08-13_11_22_09.jpg
2011-08-09_13_50_53.jpg

i actually made a homemade aero cloner. has worked well for me. I use 2 inch net cups no medium and for the neoprene top plug, I went to an army surplus store. and bought on of those military issued bedrolls. they are that army green/brown. and about 3/8-1/2 in thick. you could get over 100 2 inch plugs outta one 7 dollar roll. flowered 2 plants in the cloner with the neoprene disks, and as expected the stalks just pushed the neo out of the way. no problems with stalk damage due to neoprene. hope this helps :goodjob:

First of all I want to say props Duch Dude, I have learned so mush from this, Thank you! Second I was just wondering, and bare with me I'm new to growing, can you use this Aero Cloner to grow and harvest plants that you grew from a seed, that are big enough to be transported into the Cloner of course.

BC, first let me say it is possible, but isn't preferred. A cloner is meant to take cuttings off another plant. Once the cutting is rooted, it is usually removed from the cloner and moved elsewhere.

A cloner would be quite cramped to use for a whole cycle, I would try something different and easier. An aero cloner takes a separate reservoir to keep roots healthy, also takes a 70 dollar pump timer. Kind of expensive to start out with, most that use aero for whole cycles use a NFT system. Why not try something Like a DWC bucket ! It keeps the roots submerged in a highly oxygenated nutrient solution so you don't have to deal with a pump timer and your girl drinks as she needs. A simple 3.5 or 5 gallon bucket, 6" or 10" netpot lid filled with hydroton, and an air pump and stone to keep the water oxygenated. HTG sells some or you can make your own

Back
Top Bottom