(AERO) Clones- 7 Days. No roots. What is going on?

PeterDaily

im accually having problems from a setup copied outta high times-grow a pound every 3 weeks- article.
its the clones ive taken. i followed the directions for setup to a T- even on the nutes/clone solution. its been 7 days- NO ROOTS.
might i add i am terrible at cloning. ive tried 3 different methods with this as the 3rd-no success.
a bit more info: my timer failed for a few hours, i caught it just in time to only loose 6 of 24.
ALSO-the ruffneck container/rez is green with a red top, do y'all think light leaks may be causing the problem
Strain-1st offspring of bagseedxBC Purps

Re: (AERO)Clones- 7 Days. No roots. WTF is going on?

im accually having problems from a setup copied outta high times-grow a pound every 3 weeks- article.
its the clones ive taken. i followed the directions for setup to a T- even on the nutes/clone solution. its been 7 days- NO ROOTS.
might i add i am terrible at cloning. ive tried 3 different methods with this as the 3rd-no success.
a bit more info: my timer failed for a few hours, i caught it just in time to only loose 6 of 24.
ALSO-the ruffneck container/rez is green with a red top, do y'all think light leaks may be causing the problem
Strain-1st offspring of bagseedxBC Purps
start with the basics bro....whats the PH?...I havent read the article so I dont know what mix your using...
never shut the cloner off....I dont care what other people do or may chime in...dont ever turn it off. if you have a pump thats too hot and causes your solution temp to be too high....fix it...dont cycle the timer....
no problem with the red top...
what is the PH
what is the PPM
what is the mix
what is the water temp
what is the lighting

Re: (AERO)Clones- 7 Days. No roots. What is going on?

First off: its an honor, Pit; Ima fan. im glad you asked
what is the PH-6.5 to 7.0 (need a digi) too high, thought it was 6.0 i added DOWN to the rez, its 6.0 to 6.3 now.
what is the PPM-i hav no clue. i know this is not smart, but this is my 2nd grow. how 'important' would you say it is to get a meter?
what is the mix-clonex solution
what is the water temp-again no clue. how ' important ' would you say it is to find this out? the room is avg 80'sF with a high ass 80 humidity, some days-70 humidity.
what is the lighting-2 pairs of 4ft flouros. cool-warm-cool-warm

whatcha got for me? what would you change up? i have the cycle win 5 ON 1 OFF. to give the 400gph pump a 'rest'. u STILL want a constant ON???

ps-Serious white russian came today. think i should hydro or soil these babies? pps-Do you think its too late for me clones? they arent wilting, but it looks as if they are getting light-green in color.

THX PITVIPER
-Alex

ive been thinking. it has been close to 10days. i believe i should refresh my rez tank. So i was doing this and WOW root bumps on a few....bravo! i was checking out your past and current projects.
you finnished projects are directing me to specific strains.
i still would love your experienced advice.
thx
-Alex

I didnt read the article either but I can tell your super impatient when it comes to clowning. Trust me I was the same when I first started it out. Always checking for roots, and just over all messing with the cuttings and causing them to die.

You know what worked the best for me, better then all the bottles of magic and the worlds quickest method to cloning? Patients my friend.

Ive tried a lot of methods and what works for me is rapid rooters, pure h2o and patients.

Dont expect things before 10 days but 12-14 is kind of the norm. Sure I have had few root in 6-7 days but that is usually one of ten, so 10% of the time.

High times obviously wrote their article using their results that only happened 10% of the time.

I've seen dozens of aeroponic cloners and 7 days is just a unrealistic expectation, shoot for 10-12 and you will be fine.

Patients, patients, patients and then roots.

Clones- 7 Days. No roots. What is going on? No patience.

thanks, LED. i was scouring the forums for an issue simular to mine. Hopefully this will help another person confused on the process of cloning.
its been about 15 days now and about 4 clones REALLY have roots and the same amount, still have a few bumps or like a single 'hair'.
Youre right, i was like checking everyday, and when day 8 came; I thought i goofed!.
things are coming along well. i HAD to feed them. i wasn't paranoid, they WERE turning light green and dying on older leafs. i switched from CLONEX to a GROW formula this morning. its 5am now and the light green has gone away.
i also have my electric PPM meter coming in and Super Lemon Haze.:thumb:

Alex,

I did the same thing you did when I first started cloning...couldn't figure out why I had no roots and why some leaves were yellow and why the wilting..was frustrated and going nuts...I lacked the patience as well, but it time they all come out 100% just like the article..I use the same method as well!!

so wat do y'all think of my decision to NUTE with a grow formula? should i have stuck with CLONEX for 2 more weeks???

Perfect time to switch, I switch as soon as they all get a few roots going. If there are a few stragglers, I don't worry about them and nute anyways. I think you did the right thing.

i have my TDS meter.
the temperature is about 82F
the PPM is 300
the PH looks like a high 6.7 or 7 ( i started @ 5.5-6 )
if i follow Pit Vipers nute recommendations i need to up the PPM, so ima refresh the rez now.

on a side note-my SLH & Critical Mass seeds are not a bad size but pale/white. i hope the finnished product has quality.....

just wanted to report round 2 of my cloning from the same mother plant.
12 of 25 survived
10-13 days for full rooting to develop.

6 out of the 7 1st clone cuts grew to be nice 18inch beuties. i tried cloning from them, they died in 3-4 days.

ROOM SPECS
-------------------
space -9x9x12
lighting-FLOROS(24hrs) 400w(18/6-so bulb can cool down) for mother and vegging clones
method-soil(mother) homemade H.T. design aero hydro-(clones)
nutes-CLONEX/BOTANICARE grow/karma/cal-mag
ph-5.8-6.7 (SOIL) 5.5-6.3 hydro
temp/humidity- 88F/75%
pest prevention-FLY PAPER/Green Light:Fruit Tree Spray insecticide(Lowes) every 2wks

I used the directions and made the "mistic cloner" using the fog maker and had 7 of 9 root in 2 weeks using only root tone powder and water the 2 that did not were from plants that were not doing well.

im glad to see someone else using the same design(HT-Grow a pound every 3weeks)
Other things to note are design flaws & incomplete parts list. Like the parts list for the "NFT Frame" calls for '10 - 3/4 elbows & 8 - 3/4 Tees' when in accuality, its 12 elbows & 14 Tees.
Plus, the length of the Sprayer in the "NFT Frame" is too short. The design says 47" but i find 58 to 68" in length more suitable for the Fence Post, to allow 6 or 7 plant sites per side, up to 14 plants to keep in rotation. BUT the space of 1" between the tee & the elbows need to be doubled up to 5" of space between the tee and the elbow.
One day i will post the CORRECT design, parts list & maintenance procedures.
Unfortunatly my clones from 2 months ago stressed to hermie. So i got rid of the weak ones, leaving me with 4, lovely girls.
Contrary to what i read. HERMIES ARE SAVABLE!!! i caught it immediately, like week 2 or 3 in flowering. I carefully pulled off the new growth of bananas & balls, starting from the base to each branch.

i use an aero cloner i built, it holds 4 gal of water with a 400 gph pump water temp wont effect you to much when it comes to clones poping roots. the ph does on the other hand. ive found my cloner to work better with a ph of 5.0 to 5.5. " seemorebuds wasnt lieing about the 5.0 ph for cloneing". leave the pump run constantly. also there are no need to use nutes in your cloner unless they already have roots and your just veging them out a little in there. so far ive had a 99% success rate with my clones doing this. also on average the roots take 7 to 14 days to pop. altho ive had some strains do it in as little as 4 days. hope this helps.

tht helps out A LOT. Contrary to what ive read, until recently, 5.0 to 5.5 PH was a question and a doubt for me. im new to hydro & i thought MJ prefered the 6.8 to 7 range. ive read on here multiple times 5.0 PH for hydro was goal, so ive been @ 5.5 to 6.0 to be safe. But your post confirms it for me. THANKS

Its been approx 110 days since my 1st set of clones which i originally posted about rooted. Since then, they have vegged, flowered, matured, harvested & dried. I have them in jars now and the gram count was 144=about 5oz. The Six hermied on me due too light stress so i chopped 2 and contenued with 4 plants.
I smoked some with all my friends. I keep getting the same intial response GREAT FLAVOR. One friend told me it reminded her of some Sour Diessel she smoked back in Philly! I took that as a great complement. Its NOT Sour Diessel but a cross of a bag seed femaleX BC Purps male. Neway, i will post pictures here soon. Thanks for checking/viewing.

2 oz+ dried
1128101653.jpg

Looking good bro! I also use stinkbuds aero cloner. You should check out stinkbuddies.com there's a lot of useful information there.

Back
Top Bottom