Aero cloning cutting size question Diameter

Red-Cricket

Hey all, 1st attempt aero cloning. Made 5 gal bucket...10 holes.....17 sprayers..approx 350 gph pump. Running tap water...24/7 ,...no addeditives...soak in clonex for 15 min....45 deg cut and scraped..water temp low 70"s...not Ph-ed.....room temp 65(?)... most get slimy and rot off. Question is Can a cutting be "To Small' in diameter to fill neopreme to seal water from coming up from sprayers. Looks like rot starts in neopreme on some. My cuttings are about 3 " long and dia is a little bigger than a pencil lead. looks like it dosnt seal tight when put in basket. Should cuttings be bigger? Also what should room temps be? Any help would be GREAT! Red

That, to me, seems like either too many sprayers or you are having too much pressure causing the water to get up there.

Most guys run a timer. I imagine that would help.

I started 36 clones in my new cloner last week. No scraping, re-cut the stems under water. Aquarium heater set at 72 F. I let the Clonex sit (with out the misters on) for around 20 minutes after the last clone was seated (maybe 1/2 hr rest for the first ones by the time I was done). Suffice to say I have 100% rooting.

Each strain is different. Some take longer than others.

My advice would be to take the clones out and clean the cloner and pump filter, everything with bleach. Put the remaining clones back in.

One more thing that I can contribute to my success, go to current journals and read 420fied's journals. His current one is pretty expansive, but more than worth the read. He goes into great depth about his cloning. He's also a great guy and more than willing to give his advice.

Something is not right. Between reading 420fied's technique and asking a few questions in his journal, I'm sure it's something system.

Best of luck in the future. :Namaste:

hey man don't give up! I made a 50+ easy cloner and its the cats ass! will never go back to anything else. "just set it and forget it" that's what i always say when i'm referring to my cloner. Tap water at 73-75 with room temp being about the same the roots start in as little as four days.

I think josh hit everything right on, sounds like you might have too much pressure, my cloner has just under 30 spray nozzles. I would try some bigger cuttings to rule out that possibility.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom