AeroGarden Part Two - Featuring TopLED Reflector Series 96x3w

very nice evolution, buds will get bigger soon. Thx for all your last comments, i'm so pleased to read your growing job, as far as i am :). You finally helped me or motived me for a good start. I finally got a grow tent and a 400W Mars II may arrive at the end of the Week, THANKS SARA for your assistance, if your read that of course, i think its a good way to start in a 3'*3' tent. i'll post it and try to find the right words for a complete and readable 1srt journal. Waiting for pictuuures :goodjob:

Tad,

Welcome my friend. No way you fail here...no way! Not with the :420: community at your finger tips. I believe there's a MARS II journal inprogress right now so there's some experience with that light that you can reach out to. 3' by 3' is actually what they say coverage is for that set. Which model did you order (LED count?) When your ready with your journal create it and put a link back to it in your signature. That way when you visit and post in others journals it will be easier for them to link back to you. My apologies if your already aware of this.

Pics coming up this weekend. She appears to have stalled and since I gave her a hair cut last weekend I only expect...hope to get some thickness out of her. I'll begin checking Trichomes this weekend and then regularly every other day after that. I think shes got about 2-3 weeks left. I'm going to attempt an early harvest to keep mine a heady high. Maybe pull a bud or two at that point and let the rest finish off for about a week or two later. This should give me the body high that wifey needs.

I'm thinking out loud here so get ready....lol. Maybe pulling and finishing isn't an option because of the need to flush before harvesting. Although DC420 swears by the boiling water method of harvesting. And he says he feeds her up to the point of adding the boiling water. I may try this method.

(SEE LAST LINE IN MY SIGNATURE...LOL).

I want to add a +1 to what KJC and MM said. Also since you started your journals, you have been busy encouraging others, and participating fully in our little community. So let me give you a big :thumb:

Actually I just looked you joined in 2010! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Still you get a big :thumb:

Lol... I've been lurking since 2010 had to step away and be a better father...success and then back to my hobby. I am a firm believer in sharing knowledge. Learn, teach, educate, repeat!!! I won't get into the depth to that statement just know it comes from somewhere.

No apologies my friend, i'm here to learn :) and i'll be patient for your pics.

The chosen model is the 80X5W with standard spectrum. i'm starting little because of the 2/3 plant i will grow. Hope to evolve to a veg spectrum and an other with bloom spectrum.

How lucky you are to have a High instant delivery plant ^^. i wish i could do the same with my so long to flower sativa. (local strain from st vincent island, 7 week flowering)

what's the the boiling methode for harvesting ??? ,i must investigate never heard about that

And yes i'll with insert le link in the sign, i start as soos as i receive the led panel. Seeds arrived yesterday, i've got 5 thc bomb, 1 original amnezia and 2 critical +. i need to choose two to start. all feminized for my first grow.

No apologies my friend, i'm here to learn :) and i'll be patient for your pics.

The chosen model is the 80X5W with standard spectrum. i'm starting little because of the 2/3 plant i will grow. Hope to evolve to a veg spectrum and an other with bloom spectrum.

How lucky you are to have a High instant delivery plant ^^. i wish i could do the same with my so long to flower sativa. (local strain from st vincent island, 7 week flowering)

what's the the boiling methode for harvesting ??? ,i must investigate never heard about that

And yes i'll with insert le link in the sign, i start as soos as i receive the led panel. Seeds arrived yesterday, i've got 5 thc bomb, 1 original amnezia and 2 critical +. i need to choose two to start. all feminized for my first grow.

The main reason I choose the Reflector Series is because I wanted one light to do it all. I didn't want to have to purchase another set for each stage. I do want to get the 144*3 set but before I make another purchase I have to clear it through the boss...lol.

Nothing is so easy delivered if your ordering from over seas...lol. Have to deal with getting ripped off and with customs seizing the package.

7 week flower isn't long. The auto's are short (as early as 5-7) but you can order fem's that have 7-9, 8-10 and more. I buy the strains that have this kind of flowering time. And remember you can extend your veg period for a bigger, taller wider plant and she would still flower in the same time. I'm pretty sure you could veg indefinantly...SME's???? If time and an early harvest isn't a factor.

The boiling water method is very, very interesting to me. For no other reason other then it sounds solid in theory. A theory that has been proved by DC420. Take a look at his journal when you get a chance. Basically when your ready to harvest you pour boiling water in your reservoir. No need to stop your nutrient schedule. Even his explaination for this sounds solid. If I had a large grow going on I wouldn't try this till I've tested it myself. Just so happens I have a small grow...lol. So I think I'm going to give it a try.

I only order fem's. No sense spending all that time only to find out it's a boy...lol. Although I have 50 freebies from Nxxxxxx...lol, I may pop some of the unknown seeds later just for giggles and let them grow thru the whole cycle as a seed experiment. It that's waaayyyy down the line.

16 May 14, Friday

16/3, 108 Days, 87st LST, 82th Topping-18/6, 44th 12/12, 6/1 LED/Flower

Morning...
Air=77
RH=49
PH=5.9
PPM=625

Res change out...

Stats before change out....
Air=79
RH=46
PH=5.8
PPM=736

PPM indicates she's not feeding. PPM in the mid 90's and usually at the low 400's at the end of the feeding cycle.

In addition to GH's schedule I added an extra 2.5ml of FloraGrow for the possible nitrogen deficiency and add 5ml of Cali/Mag for possible calcium/magnesium deficiency. And 1ml of PH down to bring PH down from 6.4 to 5.8.

Pistols are changing. Pistol hairs are turning from white to a greenish yellow color and pistols themselves are darkening up...maybe brown or black in color.

Afternoon
Air=79
RH=46
PH=5.8
PPM=137+

Going to put her under the scope tomorrow and check trichomes. If they are least 50% cloudy I will defol for the last time and wait a couple days to check trichomes again. Once I get more then 50% cloudy I'll cut a few buds for drying and tasting. Then leave the rest to change to amber. Once they change to amber I'll harvest. Looking for at least 25% amber. Still looking at 2-3 weeks. Going to try the boiling water harvest technique.

When I defol I will keep the clippings for sampling.

Pics first thing in the morning....

If you do notice your leaves fading in green colour then you may slightly increase the amount of nitrogen you are feeding. What nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon? I would re position your LED light panel to a minimum of 18" so that the spectrum will properly blend.

Hey renegade what john meant by blend properly. Was the lights. I've been reading and its not like HPs where as cool as u can get it the closer to the buds you can put the light. Led lights need to be at least 18 inch to be effective and the color spectrums to blend.

And if you already known this then nvm. He just covered the nute thing.

Just trying to help lol

Hey renegade what john meant by blend properly. Was the lights. I've been reading and its not like HPs where as cool as u can get it the closer to the buds you can put the light. Led lights need to be at least 18 inch to be effective and the color spectrums to blend.

And if you already known this then nvm. He just covered the nute thing.

Just trying to help lol

Stumped,

Please never hesitate sharing your thoughts. Even if we already know things its good re-enforcement.

Hi my friend,

Here few pics of my actual first grow, 200W CFL. The Mars II may arrive within few days. it's gonna change everythings.

My two local sativa.

20140517_002734.jpg

20140517_002630.jpg

Waiting for yours :) Have a good week end.

Morning all....

Pics as promised.... Not much different from last week but I love to play with the scope.

Now I'm off to the races...LOL. Running a few miles.

Enjoy...and as always comments and or questions welcomed.

Scope pics first....

Image93100.jpg

Image92100.jpg

Image91100.jpg

Image87100.jpg

Image88100.jpg

Image89100.jpg

Close ups...

Image14311.jpg

Image14211.jpg

Image14011.jpg

Image13811.jpg

Image13211.jpg

Image12911.jpg

Image12812.jpg

Image12312.jpg

Image12212.jpg

Image12011.jpg

I love these close up pics. If you look real close you can see the scope LED's in the trichome heads...LOL. 6 little lights in a circle. Pretty cool...LOL.

Image11812.jpg

Image11511.jpg

Image11411.jpg

Image11211.jpg

Image10610.jpg

Image10510.jpg

Hi my friend,

Here few pics of my actual first grow, 200W CFL. The Mars II may arrive within few days. it's gonna change everythings.

My two local sativa.

20140517_002734.jpg

20140517_002630.jpg

Waiting for yours :) Have a good week end.

What happened to them? Are you going to use the same strain? What technique have you decided on? Cropping, SuperCropping, LST, Topping, FIM'ing???

fantastic pictures, what do u use to make your macros ? trics are so transparent, how many time do you think before turning milky ?, hope the smell is as attractive as your pics.:)

My two hermy's were born on the 30/11/2014 in my kitchen and was an accident with seeds throwed in old soil itself in an old pot. So i bought some Plagron Royal mix, some Élément 1 from VG (just for roots because plagron royal is very complete for at least 6 weeks).

I've only topped them and then cropped them too. i gave 6 weeks along just water with 6.5 PH, temp is 79° during the night, reaching 86° when the lamp lights on and 79° one hour later when the air cooler produced enough fresh air. Hygro is 60% cooler off and 34% cooler on. they were females two week ago but finally herma so i cut the male branch and i'm looking very carefully all the rest now. They will finish newt week in a garden of a friend under our tropical sun, no matter if they die.

I've changed pot size three times from 0.20l to 2.5l and finally 6.5 L. I assume pot may be around 11 litres (3 gal) but i had a very small place at the beginning and didn't plan to buy any tent, light...i was just a game but finally i fell into. Now the tent is here with carbon filter, the led panel arrives on tuesday, real seeds arrived last week (5 * thc bomb 1 original amnezia and 2 critical +) and the real experience will begin will the arrival of the MARS II.

Next technique will be main-lining. did you ever test ?

Thanks Tad....

I have a microscope I bought from Amazon. That's how I get the Trichomes pics. It does give me a good look at the Trichs color. Now we have a reference point for the color transition.

The smell is unusual. Not at all over powering. Can't smell it outside of the cabinet. I even turned off the exhaust and fans to see if smell was evident and it wasn't. The smell itself is sorta sweet perfumy. Almost fruity, with a hint of berry. I don't know...lol. Smells nice.

Back
Top Bottom