AeroGarden Part Two - Featuring TopLED Reflector Series 96x3w

MARS II received my friend, i started a grow journal today, seeds just sprout today, first green pics in few days i hope.

I think i'm going hydro next, i'm a diy fan so it will not cost a lot. how was your first experience ?? :)

And how is your girl ?? i forgot to ask what weight you are expecting ?

MARS II received my friend, i started a grow journal today, seeds just sprout today, first green pics in few days i hope.

I think i'm going hydro next, i'm a diy fan so it will not cost a lot. how was your first experience ?? :)

And how is your girl ?? i forgot to ask what weight you are expecting ?

Tad,

Very happy to hear at your toys have arrived. I will pop over and sub shortly. Princess is doing ok. I pulled a couple test popcorn buds on Tuesday morning and they may be ready on Saturday or Sunday. Not expecting much out of it so hopefully I'll be surprised. Going to repeat the pulling every week till harvest. I will pull after putting her under the scope on Saturday.

My first experience? Growing or tasting?...lol. I have a full hydro setup waiting on the sidelines. But have to put it off till my move in July or August. When that happens and we get settled in I'll kick it up and go at it full time.

Tad,

Very happy to hear at your toys have arrived. I will pop over and sub shortly. Princess is doing ok. I pulled a couple test popcorn buds on Tuesday morning and they may be ready on Saturday or Sunday. Not expecting much out of it so hopefully I'll be surprised. Going to repeat the pulling every week till harvest. I will pull after putting her under the scope on Saturday.

My first experience? Growing or tasting?...lol. I have a full hydro setup waiting on the sidelines. But have to put it off till my move in July or August. When that happens and we get settled in I'll kick it up and go at it full time.

Oh and weight doesn't concern me since this is for personal use but does seem to be the question of the day when talking about harvest so I may purchase a scale for that reason only.

i was talking about your fist hydro experience of course, and yes the harvest seems to be a good observation point as taste and effect.

i was talking about your fist hydro experience of course, and yes the harvest seems to be a good observation point as taste and effect.

Ah my first...lol. It was a failure. Seeds pop'd but never got past seedling stage. I think it had something to do with the AG nutes. In the original article I saw about the AeroGarden the author said he used the nutrients that came with the unit. Two things I did different this go round was to use GH's nutrients and the other was to switch from the AG's lights to LED when I flipped the lights.

Lots of trial and error but nothing got out of hand and was able to adjust rather quickly.

23 May 14, Friday

17/3, 115 Days, 94th LST, 89th Topping-18/6, 51st 12/12, 7/1 LED/Flower

Morning...
Air=79
RH=43
PH=5.6
PPM=888

Res change out. Smell is very pronounced in closet and room where cabinet is. Turned up exhaust and will now keep cabinet closed. No more than 1-2 weeks left but will know for sure when I put her under the scope.

Smoke report on test buds... Test buds were pulled Tuesday morning so they have been drying for 4 days. Dried in garage inside drying box on drying rack. Temp in garage in the 80's during the day. Outer bud was dry and crispy. Inner bud soft and slightly sticky. Took 1 of the 2 buds and cut it in half and packed it in a small glass pipe. First, one pull on the pipe. Very slow buzz came on and continued to build. Waited a bit, maybe 10-15 mins later and took 2 more pulls on the pipe and the high settled into a nice soft head and body high. Popcorn buds passed the test. Was able to go about my day without getting run down. Will put what's left of the test buds in CVault for curing. CVault will be stored in mini frig in garage. Temp in mini frig is 68 for the lowest and 85 for the highest. Averages in the 80's during the day.

Pics to follow....

23 May 14, Friday

17/3, 115 Days, 94th LST, 89th Topping-18/6, 51st 12/12, 7/1 LED/Flower

Pic and Scope update...

Trichomes look like at least 25% cloudy. More frost then last week. Pulled a few more popcorn test buds for drying and testing for next weekend...lol. The end is near. Will check trichomes mid week. We can say at least 2 weeks.

Enough of all that the pics....

IMG_113220.JPG

IMG_113128.JPG

IMG_113317.JPG

IMG_113416.JPG

IMG_113618.JPG

IMG_113520.JPG

IMG_114015.JPG

IMG_113913.JPG

IMG_114118.JPG

IMG_114219.JPG

IMG_114419.JPG

IMG_114319.JPG

IMG_114620.JPG

IMG_114516.JPG

Great update Renegade. The plant is looking really nice, and your getting so close to chop time.;)
I'm starting the flush tonight on my OG Kush, she's been in flower now for 63 days and she's coming down on day 70.:yahoo:
I'm going to update my journal tonight after the reservoir change.
Have a great weekend.;)

Great update Renegade. The plant is looking really nice, and your getting so close to chop time.;)
I'm starting the flush tonight on my OG Kush, she's been in flower now for 63 days and she's coming down on day 70.:yahoo:
I'm going to update my journal tonight after the reservoir change.
Have a great weekend.;)

Thanks Stealth.... Still wish there was a way that we all could gather and sample each others harvest....now that would be cool.

Gotta tell you and you know more then me.... It's a hell of a feeling to get that high off the first bud of your first successful grow. I know it's early but from what I'm feeling (buzzed from my second load in the pipe...LOL) from this early test only means one thing...."We Gonna Get High, High"....lol...when the chop is done and dried.

For anyone who says don't pull early or don't keep popcorn buds....so you can pull early....is just plain....well no need to insult anyone...LOL.

Do it. Especially if its your first time otherwise you miss the opportunity to know when your plant is ready. And test it at each change of color. And most of all you miss the opportunity to feel that first pull and that first high from your first successful grow.

I'm in guys...and now I'm out. Gonna finish these first test buds this weekend for sure. Unfortunately I only pulled 2 small buds the first time.

This weekend we pulled 6...LOL.

perfectly agree, great update, and nope you're not old you're just young for a longer time than others ^^

You're pics are crazy, buds seems to be dense, and how was the test of previous popcorn you took ? you may have smoked one :)

I've got a question, what is the temp of your water ?? i will have pb here with temp, everybody has problem with water temp here 84 F.

10:05 PM stone Edit :

RH is your temp ?

perfectly agree, great update, and nope you're not old you're just young for a longer time than others ^^

You're pics are crazy, buds seems to be dense, and how was the test of previous popcorn you took ? you may have smoked one :)

I've got a question, what is the temp of your water ?? i will have pb here with temp, everybody has problem with water temp here 84 F.

10:05 PM stone Edit :

RH is your temp ?

RH=Relative Humidity. High humidity for veg and low humidity for flowering.

Reservoir temp should be in the low 70's with around 68 optimum. The biggest thing I learned is how important res temp is. Very, very important.

Looking very tasty indeed my friend, so happy for you to be getting some nice quality buds of your own to smoke!! :)

Yes, yes indeed. I can't wait till next weekend for the second test. With a week between pulls, next week should taste better. Then I think I will harvest.

26 May 14, Monday

17/6, 118 Days, 97th LST, 92nd Topping-18/6, 54th 12/12, 7/4 LED/Flower

Morning...
Air=82
RH=42
PH=5.6
PPM=108x

Frostiness is getting frostier...LOL. Almost as if I sprinkled powered sugar on them...LOL.

Trichomes are now at 50%.

Cut the rest of the popcorn buds. All total 19 little buds no more then 1/2" long.

Leaving about 26 short colas. These stacked up nicely, averaging around 3" with the tallest two at 6". I know nothing to brag about...LOL. But the AG proved itself.

Will wait for the final transition to amber then chop. Gonna shoot for 25% amber.

Pics....

IMG_115918.JPG

IMG_115821.JPG

IMG_115618.JPG

IMG_115716.JPG

IMG_115518.JPG

IMG_115417.JPG

IMG_115218.JPG

IMG_115315.JPG

IMG_115119.JPG

IMG_115018.JPG

IMG_114915.JPG

very nice. I have found that most plants I've grown take at least 9 weeks from first pistil till they're ripe and strong. if you leave more leaves next time you can run a higher ppm and will have even bigger buds :thumb:

if you leave more leaves next time you can run a higher ppm and will have even bigger buds :thumb:

Ohh, i didn't knew that...thx

Renegade, congrats, the end is soon. girl Looks very beautifull and start frustrating me :)

Back
Top Bottom