Aeroponic?'s

there are a few aeroponic set ups, theres aero/dwc, or aero/nft. aero/nft is the stinkbud system, aero/dwc is the see more buds method. i run aero/nft, i like it it doesnt use up as much water, nutes as dwc with as many plants. its fairly easy to maintain since its only one res, its just a little more time to build and acquire the parts.

WELCOME to 420, glad you're here.

Check these out.

DWC, Deep Water Culture, is the most simple. It is simply roots dangling in water with air stones in the water making bubbles. (sometimes this is mistakenly called Deep Water Culture)
DWC:

DWC_Water_Culture.gif

There is also Ebb and Flow, also called Flood and Drain.
That is simply a system of flooding water on and off the roots, timely and systamatically.
Ebb_and_Flow_Pic.gif

There is also the N.F.T. System. (Nutrient Film Technique)
N.F.T. is simply using a FLOW of water on a timer, splashing the roots. A MIST or SPRAY can also be used.
NFT_System.gif

There is also a DRIP System.
This is a DWC with feeder tubes DRIPPING water onto each grow cup and root base from above. That DRIP often has to be on a Timer especially if it is a solid FLOW of water instead of just a DRIP.
Drip_System.gif

And the Aeroponic System, using a MIST on the roots from below, inside the tank.
Aeroponic_System.gif

A true Deep Water Culture System is my favorite. It is a type of DWC, sort of like a DRIP, it uses a submersive water pump, that pumps water to an Irrigation Hub, also called an Irrigation Manifold, that divides the water into 6 streams to each grow cup and root base. It is the MOST rapid growing system available. I can get an average of one inch growth in height daily using the Deep Water Culture System.

Aeroponics is considered more difficult by most because of maintenance and potentialy fatal problems.......Take an Aeroflo by GH for instance. If your power fails for any extended length of time your plants will be naked and dry out extremely quickly, if a sprayer clogs and isn't hitting the roots of the plant, your plant has mere hours at the most before it will begin to wilt...... Your pump stops running, or breaks, you better have a hydro shop close by or a back up ready to install. that kind of thing. also low salt or highly filtered organics are recommended due to the clogging issue.....other than those factors they are very nice and can provide tremendous yield.

Back
Top Bottom