Aeroponic vertical issue

George2324

I'm in the middle of setting up an aeroponic vertical grow and I'm buying all the parts I need

Now I have an issue of buying pvc piping for some reason where I am it's very difficult to find black pic piping of the size and shape I need. I have found one seller but the black version of the pipe costs considerably more. So after buying enough of it the total cost will be nearly 400 more.

My question is, if I buy orange coloured piping would light be able to penetrate it and cause issues for the roots?

I've had no experience with this before so could use people's input on the chances of light getting through. If I have to spend 400 more then I will but if I can get away with orange then I'd rather do that.

Thanks!

Hey there. Wouldn't the pvc piping be thick enough to not allow light to penetrate it? What size pvc pipe are you using? If you are that concerned and don't want to spend the extra on black pvc, maybe you could wrap the non-black pvc piping with something to block out light for sure?

It's 110mm diameter pvc im not sure on how thick. I thought it would be thick enough too but I don't know the exact thickness.

I suppose I could just use black tape all around the pvc if I need too

It's 110mm diameter pvc im not sure on how thick. I thought it would be thick enough too but I don't know the exact thickness.

I suppose I could just use black tape all around the pvc if I need too

CPVC and schedule 40 should be fine with the normal white or cream colour. Nothing black is required for light leakage.

Back
Top Bottom