Aeroponics Question

this is my first grow and i am doing it with a homemade aeroponics setup and things are looking great IMO. if you have any questions feel free :smokin:

I also make my own hydrothingy which does incorporate aero. It all depends on where the plants current root system is as to what its called at any one time to me.
While the roots are still inside the starting medium and not yet extending beyond the net cup, its drip fed from above.
As the roots emerge from the net cup, but not yet making it down to liquid level, I turn a couple of valves to activate the spray nozzles instead of drip.
Once the roots hit the liquid nute level, of course its a standard DWC at that point.

This rig will cost you about $8 bucks for the 10 gal bin w/lid at HD or Walfart, plus about $30 for some decent air/water pumps and the Aqua Shuttle manifold with valves runs about $25. A net cup with starting medium brings you to the point of filling with 6 gals of nutes. You will be around $60 when complete and ready for lights and seeds.
Whether you use the Aqua Shuttle or a pressure compensated head, get one with valves. You won't be sorry when your rockwool or coco is just staying to wet and you haven't spent anything for timers yet. The valves let you set it to the appropriate flow rate for any given time without timers.
I play around with nozzles all the time as even at HD they have 5 packs of different spray heads. I tend to be leaning to a pair of ninety degree heads in the back corners spraying forward, and a single 180 degree in the front center spraying back. Assures complete root bundle coverage when nozzles are active. Another simple addition of a water filter bag for your pump will greatly help dodging clogged nozzles. I also have drilled a couple to oversize the factory hole with a pin drill, more playing with a spray pattern than dealing with clogs though. This photo you can see the back side of the front nozzle,
Either way, give it a try. It's a blast to play with. Best of luck.
hydrothingy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom