Aeroponics: Questions, Answers, Information

Installed the pump, reorganised the air tubes. I added a total of 7 gallons of water, leaving about 4 gallons in the main tote. Started it, but it wont pump water.

In retrospect, it does state "submersible or in-line". Does that mean it has to be level with the rez? I have it coming in from the to lid?

420-magazine-mobile2015928719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2101837758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1754640754.jpg
420-magazine-mobile185850891.jpg

I'll try again tonight. :(

Lets see what BF says about it.
I think I may drill 2 holes and stick the deweys in from the bottom as BF did. I want to use less than 4 gallons of water in the main tote. This way I can shorten the drain valve.

Im still war gaming a set up, maybe i wont do a continuous recirc. Have a res with a large airstone and use a pump on a timer to circulate water a few times a day. Then an over flow in the buckets that runs back to the res.

Yeah def agree. I wouldnt run continuous either. Vex ive had problems with those pumps used "inline" but LS looks to be having no issue. His is either on the floor level with the bottom of the bucket or its under but either way it will not suck water up and out like a straw. There has to be some water pressure to get it going Try it out with the pump on the floor. Hope it works otherwise just put it in the rez and run it long enough to exchange the fluid a few times a day.

Love the setup though vex. Its genious. Love how the inlet is high and the outlet is there on the bottom. I was going to do it reverse but i think your way is better!

Thank you so much! Glad and thankful to be a part of the DeweyPonics Club. I've learned a lot, which helped design this simple system.

I didnt get to reconfigure the water pump due to company, but will fix and run another test tomorrow night.

Thanks again fellas!

Yeah def agree. I wouldnt run continuous either. Vex ive had problems with those pumps used "inline" but LS looks to be having no issue. His is either on the floor level with the bottom of the bucket or its under but either way it will not suck water up and out like a straw. There has to be some water pressure to get it going Try it out with the pump on the floor. Hope it works otherwise just put it in the rez and run it long enough to exchange the fluid a few times a day.

Love the setup though vex. Its genious. Love how the inlet is high and the outlet is there on the bottom. I was going to do it reverse but i think your way is better!

Yes if the pumps inline it has to be level with the intake, not necessarily the res.

Thanks, LS! I'll move it lower tonight.

Edit: I scored a smaller tote, hoping it'll help use less water. Also thinking of moving the drain valve over to one side, this way the roots won't get tangled in the middle.

420-magazine-mobile854510493.jpg

Also just ordered this "quieter" air pump. The one I have now hums too loudly.

420-magazine-mobile1252772259.jpg

Hey LS! Congrats on the nomination! When i mean level i mean sitting on the floor with the rez. You would want the intake as low as possible?

Ive read great things on those air pumps. Lookong forward to seeing it in action

Your pump can be on the floor with the buckets, and the res elevated (for whatever odd reason) and it would still work, the pumps intake just has to be level/below the buckets it's coming from. That pump will push the water up quite a ways to give you the waterfall effect. Nomination? I miss something?

Your pump can be on the floor with the buckets, and the res elevated (for whatever odd reason) and it would still work, the pumps intake just has to be level/below the buckets it's coming from. That pump will push the water up quite a ways to give you the waterfall effect. Nomination? I miss something?

Oh man! im so sorry LS i thought you were nominated too. I could have sworn i saw lonestar. My bad!

Yes BF is up for member of the month for may

Plants look great pw

Can anyone tell me what's going on in these leaves. It is mango skunk in DWC bucket with a home made dewy tube set up . It looks like slash marks on leaves but from what ? I am always careful not to touch leaves when topping feed and ph adjustments. I have another of the same strain in promix that isn't showing the same problems.
420-magazine-mobile16891056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1892471381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile951855853.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1857384266.jpg

Back
Top Bottom