Aeroponics: Questions, Answers, Information

Ive been using aero for cloning for years. Im not as keen on it for full plants though. Its a great way to grow for sure but its very precise and over all i think there are better ways. When its dialled in it gives amazing plants though. I still favour RDWC over Aero though, stightly saver option as sprayers wont ever block.

Ive been using aero for cloning for years. Im not as keen on it for full plants though. Its a great way to grow for sure but its very precise and over all i think there are better ways. When its dialled in it gives amazing plants though. I still favour RDWC over Aero though, stightly saver option as sprayers wont ever block.

Can believe you bumped my Tea question off the live page for that for that. I feel so frustrated.. :/ ;p

Has anyone got any experience with using copper piping with their HPA aero. I had an issue and removed a nozzle and lots of green crystalline sediment came out which had blocked my pipe work.

I recently attached 2 new nozzles in the centre.

I have had a read through some info and read that my excessive dissolved oxygen could have corroded the inside of my pipes. I have been using H2O2 could this have caused the issue? Or is it just that I used too much flux when I attached the nozzle heads and not cleaned it out correctly?

Any advice is welcome.

On the above point. I came to the conclusion I had over fluxed it and not flushed it out. Although the H2O2 could have been a contributing factor.
Has anyone had any experience with Foggers. Ive found some cheap foggers and think I am going to give them a trial. Ive had issues getting my spray coverage right and see them as an easy way to fix this. Ive read there may be issues around heat.

Anyone else used these?

I have a 3 head unit from houseofhydro,com I use for a couple of 12 site cloners. Tunkers uses a single disc unit from the same company.

On the copper tubing question I personally would not use it in nutrient solution. The salts will be a killer on it and yes h2o2 is an oxidizer so it will contribute to oxidation. Stainless steel or yellow brass would hold up better if you absolutely have to use metal.

Anyone else have a RF66 (Rain Forest 66) Aeroponic system or know of them?
I have one and my seeds are almost done germinating
It comes with Nutes and all that but I was wondering what ratio you guys use per gallon for the reservoir
I believe mine is 17 gallons but I'll have to double check when I get off work
and how would I change the nutes from a
rooting nutrient to a vegetative to a bloom

without disrupting the system or roots of my plants and changing the water in the reservoir?
(There is a drain for it on the side but I don't want to damage or hurt the plants and roots by taking them out if it is not safe to do so

first time aeroponic grow any help would be nice thanks

Right ok. The copper was just a bad idea. Plenty of testing, Just No!. If anyone builds a DIY aero build don't use copper, or metal for that point. It looks nice but it does not work lol.

Anyway ripped it all out, re designed. started again. Had an issue with China sending me the nozzles that were not right so basically been going backwards and forwards for 3 months. They have arrived today. Nozzles will be back in with lovely PVC piping. I am now running it with endosan, which is basically just H202 but doesn't degrade as quickly. Ill let you know how it goes.

Any one know of a humidity sensor that I can put inside the root chamber? I need something that can be ran back to a controller to turn on/off a pump?

I currently run the Growtronix system for grow room control but the sensor he has can't handle the inside of the chamber. I hate running the chamber water pump on a time delay setting as the roots mature and grow the amount of vapor will decrease and I have to increase the watering which is a pain in the ass to Monitor.

Any one know of a humidity sensor that I can put inside the root chamber? I need something that can be ran back to a controller to turn on/off a pump?

I currently run the Growtronix system for grow room control but the sensor he has can't handle the inside of the chamber. I hate running the chamber water pump on a time delay setting as the roots mature and grow the amount of vapor will decrease and I have to increase the watering which is a pain in the ass to Monitor.

a titan timer worked great for me came on for 30 sec every three minutes through out the whole grow. if I remember right , you can also build your own ..do a google search for inkbird timer . I don't feel like you are going to find one for your application and if you did I don't know that I would trust it . hope it helps .

Back
Top Bottom