aeroponics table

CubsRule420

has anybody here ever built one of the aero tables from parts? i have been playin around with one on my free time lately. i need to get a new camera so when i figure out exactly how to do it i can put some help online in a diy because i helped a friend put together one of the pre-built ones where you put the hosing in ect. and all it really was is a pvc fence post with 3'' holes drilled.
I copied the design a bit but my connectors to the pump aren't great yet. I was thinking of getting a garden hose and making a few foot long garden hoses and make the hole system out of garden parts especially that the summer is almost upon us and garden hoses are easy to find currently.
What i tried was running a 3/4'' pvc tube down the right side of the fence post and i put holes in it for the microjet sprayers (180 deg) and hung them upside down pointing towards the baskets. without anything in my tubes some of the sprayers got clogged and when you have plants and little free time you don't want this issue. my friend was telling me just to drill really tiny holes in the pvc and aim it at the bottom that way you would create lots of humidity for the roots by the water that is settled. is that seem correct? if so i will raise the drain hole and give a little water to spray around. i know that the reservoir needs an air pump and in my house possibly a heater to be able to keep oxygen in the water and at a stable temperature.
One newer thought comping to me is to be able to design this so the resevior is in a different room than the tables to be able to control the temperature more acurately.
any thoughts?
CubsRule420:peace:

Tons of homemade ones around the grow scene. As for anyone here at 420mag...not sure. Too complicated for my needs. The main reason is the same problem your having. Clogged sprayers. I've run every type of system they make and have come full circle back to the KISS method. Soil in containers top fed by hand. Nothing can break, clog or stop running that way. With hydro your at the mercy of the system. Your always having to make it happy by testing and adjusting this or cleaning that. With soil and containers...you just feed and occasionally flush.lol
Your friends method might work. Tubing is pretty cheap so it shouldn't take too much to try it. it couldn't really hurt things. Lot's of growers run remote reservoirs as well. I did when I ran hydro. It's not too hard and only requires a strong enough pump to pump the nutrients from the reservoir to the plants. The remote reservoir works best for run to waste set ups so that you don't have to run return lines to recirculate the solution.

I have changed my plan from an aeroponics system with the sprayers because they were getting clogged to a drip irrigation with the pvc to bring all the water back to the reservoir. I think this will make it a shit ton easier to verify everything is working and will also allow me to still get the colas that otherwise in a bucket drip would need to be topped in order to get.
i will post pictures once i actually get this thing up and going a little bit i am still in the phase of purchasing all the parts 1 by 1 cus i am trying to buy most of the parts at the lumber yard and have been going back and forth trying to change it up a little bit.
new plan
6 inch x 10 foot tubes to fill the room seperated by 1 foot each on stands to drain the water down 6'' elbows to a 3 or 4 inch pipe all connected together by waste T's. Then drain to resevoir. The plants will be 4'' in differance from basket to basket if that makes sense. I plan to buy a digital camera here today or tomorrow and a 2x6 for a pilot hole in order to get the holes in the same spot on each tube.
To bring the water in I am going to still use 3/4'' sch 40 tubing and put T gaskets in around the drip tube to not cause a leak. I will then take a single line to each site and use a T to split it into 2 seperate drippers.
any suggestions or any ideas how to make this project better please by all means put in anything you have experience with because i am new to the diy as the people i know with systems just spend the money on the 60 site aero table and buy the 60 site extension for their set ups.

Thanks!

CubsRule420 :peace:

Back
Top Bottom