Afghan Kush x Black Domina: 450W LED, DWC

GreenmanQLD

Hey Guys,
This will be my third 'Journal in progress' in the grow room now,
I am currently germinating my single Afghan Kush x Black Domina feminised seed I received as a freebie from the the guys at Herbie's Seedbank (love those dudes).

I will be Vegging under CFL and moving to the flowering tent after 1-2 weeks,

Heres the Specs:

Grow Tent: 80cm x 80cm x 160cm (2.5' x 2.5' x 5.25')
What strain is it: Afghan Kush x Black Domina.
Is it Indica or Sativa: 100% Indica
If in Veg... For how long: Approx 5 weeks
Time Till Harvest: 55 - 65 days.
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Soil or Hydro: Soil
What is in your soil mix: Organic Soil 60%, Coco 10%, Perlite 30%
What size pot: approx 18 litres/5 Gallon Fabric Pot
What Kind of light: 450w LED - Dual Spectrum
Is it aircooled: Yes
Temp of Grow Tent: 28-31 degrees c
Nutrients: AQUASOL soluble grow fertiliser, Platinium Hydroponics Bloom, OZI MAGIC Monsta Bud & GT nutrients CAL/MAG

My goal here is to fill my entire tent with a single plant...
any tips or advice is hugely appreciated.

re: Afghan Kush x Black Domina - 450W LED - Soil & Perlite

I might as well kick this off with a pic of the lonely little seed starting her new life in a glass of fresh spring water:
15857849_1347120371994258_484445662_o-2.jpg

Wish me luck folks...

re: Afghan Kush x Black Domina - 450W LED - Soil & Perlite

Subbed and good luck mate

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cheers Sneaky.
:thumb:

Quick update,

Seed has popped (phew) and now in the paper towel for a day or two:
15878023_10156169370517925_434218123_o.png

I have also setup my Veg tent (50cm x 50cm x 100cm)
and installed the 7 x 24w 6400k CFL's (168w total):
15878066_10156169370877925_288659793_o.png

Now its just the waiting game until I see a nice long tap-root then I'll plant into small pot of my medium and under the halo of CFL she will go.

Next update will be when I see some green sticking its head out of the beautiful soil/coco/perlite medium I have mixed & ready to go.

I'm extremely interested in this grow, as I have one of these freebies burning a hole in my seed collection and googled the strain and found this! Your set up is larger than mine and different nutrients, but it'll be great to see the outcome

I have two auto just starting, and three just finishing, but this spring-summer I'm going to do a little 12/12 from seed run in my little micro cab and this little lady looks to be one of the lucky 2-3 ...

Good luck!

I'm extremely interested in this grow, as I have one of these freebies burning a hole in my seed collection and googled the strain and found this! Your set up is larger than mine and different nutrients, but it'll be great to see the outcome

I have two auto just starting, and three just finishing, but this spring-summer I'm going to do a little 12/12 from seed run in my little micro cab and this little lady looks to be one of the lucky 2-3 ...

Good luck!

Thanks Ghostpeppa!
I just planted the sprout in some soil, so I'll have an update in approx 2 days when I see some leaves,
Have a look in my sig and you'll see my current auto in flower (Anesthesia) in my main tent, she will finish flowering by the time I move this AK x BD into the main tent. Do you have a link to your grow? I'd like to see your setup for the autos.
:welcome:

Subbed for sure. Your plants were started a few days after mine.some new years plants im excited to see a journal of compare too

Sent from my LGUS375 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks BigBrown,
Yeah agreed, I've subbed in on yours too, Im keen to have a comparison also.
we can probably bounce some ideas off of one another.
All the best and welcome mate.

Thanks Ghostpeppa!
I just planted the sprout in some soil, so I'll have an update in approx 2 days when I see some leaves,
Have a look in my sig and you'll see my current auto in flower (Anesthesia) in my main tent, she will finish flowering by the time I move this AK x BD into the main tent. Do you have a link to your grow? I'd like to see your setup for the autos.
:welcome:

Hi,
I just posted a short journal for what I just finished up...ready to rework the box with new Hans Panel and maybe fan upgrade, but dont think I'll need it...maybe in Summer when outside temps really affect anything next to the RV walls.

I posted the link to my latest. It works for my needs, but will have to be dialed in MUCH better..after you read it, you'll get it...

90 Watt Micro Grow-lessons learned 3rd grow

Hi,
I just posted a short journal for what I just finished up...ready to rework the box with new Hans Panel and maybe fan upgrade, but dont think I'll need it...maybe in Summer when outside temps really affect anything next to the RV walls.

I posted the link to my latest. It works for my needs, but will have to be dialed in MUCH better..after you read it, you'll get it...

90 Watt Micro Grow-lessons learned 3rd grow

Great looking grow Ghostpeppa,
Awesome use of small space, its amazing how much a single indoor grow can teach you hey, I could never achieve a grow like that where I live without an AC unit running the entire lights 'on' cycle as the ambient temperature even in winter is still relatively warm to just about anywhere else in the world.
Great work, be sure to share the next grow journal link with us.

Hey there Gman. I need your opinion. Im about to order my tent and I can't decide on a size haha. Ive been thinking about getting a 2x4 first and then a 3x3 so I can have a few tents for a perpetual grow. I just cat decide what to do haha. Any thought? I just want to be able to always have a stash and not buy any. So harvesting every month

My First Indoor Grow(LED)

Hey there Gman. I need your opinion. Im about to order my tent and I can't decide on a size haha. Ive been thinking about getting a 2x4 first and then a 3x3 so I can have a few tents for a perpetual grow. I just cat decide what to do haha. Any thought? I just want to be able to always have a stash and not buy any. So harvesting every month

Hey BB,
If you have the space in your house, always get the bigger size.
I went through three tents and 2 times I somewhat wasted money, as the first two were too small.'
Now I just use my tiny tent to veg and clone (temps are still a bitch though so I have to be careful)
The benefits of a bigger tent are:

1. Temperature is much easier to manage as you're not confining your light to such a small space that will heat up quickly
2. You can fit additional hardware in without sacrificing grow space (i.e. fans, carbon filters, nutrients reservoirs etc..)
3. You can always grow a single plant in a massive tent if you want, whereas you cant grow multiples in a small tent

Iv found that if I could have an entire room as a grow tent I would, as I don't necessarily have to use all of the space, but having the option to do bigger grows is great.

Get the biggest tent your Budget and space will permit.

Hope that helps mate.

I think im gonna try and grow a bunch in gal pots and flip to 12 12 as soon as I can. Kinda mix a sog and Scrog

Good choice mate,
You can easily grow 9 compact Auto's in a 3x3 using a little bit of really simple LST or SOG/SCROG.
or 4-6 photoperiods depending on when you flip to 12/12.
Im looking forward to seeing it.

Glad I could be of help.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom