Afgoo - First Time Seed Grow

Truth Seeker

Hey there everybody,

now i have been reading everywhere that Afgoo is a Clone only strain that you can grow??? I dont understand this, how is that i got a bunch of seeds from some Afgoo that i ordered from a dispensary, I was very lucky to get these straight out of the buds!!! I got all excited!!! I was never so happy to see a seed in my Medical Cannabis!!! so anyways, if anybody can clear this up for me it would be nice, I need to know as much as i can know about growing this stain, so please all advice this way!!! I have to 2 seeds already in soil, did the germinating 2 days ago and today they went into soil... well i will keep this updated!!! hope i get more followers than my White Widow has gotten!!

Yes, I am also growing a White Widow!!! she is a clone and is 2 weeks and 5 days old to me, her genetic age i dont know,

Peace!!!

Well i know that it has been a while since i posted on here for my afgoo grow but i have been totally focused on my white widow clone that i am growing right now, she is in her flowering stage at 23 days and she is doing wonderfully now... Anyways bout the afgoo, i guess nobody can answer my question on what the afgoo comes from, you know who the mom and dad are??? But yea, i had to move it outside, she adapted to the outside just fine, still a little seedling right now, she has her first 3 sets of true leafs now. Cant wait for her to take off!!! I check on her everyday, i do have 2 of these going right now, i am doin some experimenting right. 1 different soils

1 doing the mg garden soil meant for the outside, then i also have the other 1 that is in black magic potting soil. So far the black magic is doing the best!!! The leafs are a solid green color as apposed to the mg, it has some leafs that are a real light green almost yellowing!!! Not good for that 1.

But yea any suggestions or tips for outdoors will be greatly appreciated!!!

Happy growing

ok, so I have been sittin here and lookin through everybody elses seed grow and i notice that their grows are at the point where mine is at by day 10 if not further along, but mine is at week 4 from germination to now, i am wondering if this is normal to anybody... they are also outdoors, if that info helps......

Here is a pic of them

Afgoo 1
SAM_10321.JPG

Afgoo 2
SAM_10331.JPG

what do you think???:peacetwo:

I just germinated 25 seeds (all sprouted yay!) with only 1 seed that was a mongoloid and didn't grow a tap root. First, I presoak the seeds in distilled water for 48-72 hours (24 hours usually not enough) until I get a nice fat tap root. Be careful because the taproot and seed are extremely delicate and any damage to the tap root will cause the seed not to germ...there goes a 10 dollar seed down the drain if this happend. What I do next to germ seeds is take Dixie Cups, poke 5 holes in the bottom and fill the cups up with LIGHT WARRIOR, a peat based seed starter with lot's of humic acid and stuff seeds like. Next, I water with warm water to get the little microorganisms in the soil really buzzing. Using a pen or a pencil I poke a 2mm hole and stick the seed in tap root down taking extra care not to damage or break the taproot. Make sure not to bury too deep or the seed will not be able to push up out of the ground!!! Once the seed is secure I water them with a solution of luke warm tap water from a spray bottle. In 5 days you should have as many seeds as you've planted. Works every single time for me unless the seed was damaged in shippping or was a weakling to start with, you should be well on your way to a good marijuana crop. Also, helps to put a heating blanket under the tray holding your seed cups, but it is not 100% needed. Good luck!!!

hey everybody, picture time, here is my afgoo seeds that i planted back in april, i still think they are growing slowly but hey they are growing.
this is afgoo 1
SAM_1101.JPG
SAM_1102.JPG
SAM_1104.JPG

and afgoo 2
SAM_1098.JPG
SAM_11031.JPG

now accepting feedback!!!

:peacetwo:

*pulls up a chair* :)

You sir, are growing one of my FAVORITE strains. If it was around my area, I always picked it up! Amazing smoke is all I can say. Flavor, strength, and wonderful medicinal properties. :yahoo: It has it all!

It is up there with great Big Island smoke. Straight up, I cannot rave about this stuff enough! :bravo: on finding seeds good sir! Lovin' the pictures! Cant wait to see her in flower!!

The parents are Afgani #1 and Maui Haze... which should explain why its soooo knock out!

hey man,

No plant is clone only because they all come from seed.

You'll get more followers if you put up pics of your plants and pics of your setup,what fertz your using,lights etc etc...

:thumb:
Budda, you are so right! Man, there are a lot of Deities on this site! :adore:
I just saw Odin the other day! ;)

I think why they say its "clone only" is because it is usually a great pheno that just doesn't come along much... Its a quicker way to say its a "strain" without having to do cubing and breed it into stabilization.

I am prolly wrong, but I haven't really heard a good reason for why things are "clone only"..

If anyone else has a definite explanation i would really really like to hear it!

yea it took me a while to find out its parents, but finally found it about 3 days ago, and welcome to my journal, i currently still have 13 seeds that i want to plant as well!!! im thinking about planting them once my white widow has to leave me... its gonna be a sad day, but i am hoping she will make me really happy in her spirit, or smoke whatever you want to call it!!! lol welcome aboard!!!

:welcome:Great to see you here as well now ITW!!! lets see this Afgoo's potential!!!:welcome:

You know i was thinking about this for a while now and i want to share my thought on this one and see what you all say on this!!! My thought is, seeing as how the plant that my seeds came from hermed, would that mean i could name it differently, i keep thinking off calling it afgoofed or something like that!!! i mean it still shows the name but cus basicly she hermed and got herself knocked up, i could call it that...

I dont know just a stoner moment!!! :tokin:picked up some GDP and i was sitting outside watching the grass grow!!! literally!!! you get what i mean!!! lol well happy growing

alright, update,

so Afgoo 1 is doing really good, it got a few yellow spots on her leaves, and her pre flowers are starting to pop out from the lowest leaf, i believe that the 2 yellow spots are from nutes, but i am not sure, i gave her some Fox Farms Big Bloom, i dont have any Grow Big yet so i seen that you can use Big Bloom on it during vegging so i gave her some, a lil to strong i think but its ok, only 2 little spots, no biggie!!!
Afgoo 2 has came to a crawl on sprouting out leaves, i gave this one nutes as well but no yellow spots on her??? o well, other than that, they are just outside loving life with the sunlight naturally giving her the rays she needs!!!

They both have started giving off their tell tale scents already, just a slight breeze and its like they are saying hi to me!!! but only the trained nose can spot that baby smell!!!

alright i know its been a while, sorry, i am almost done with the White Widow!!! she is in this present time day 1 of total darkness. anyways, my concerns now for the Afgoo's... as of right now I still feel like they have came to a halt again... afgoo 1 has gotten a little taller now and is turning greener, as to afgoo 2 has started to take more of a yellower color now, which i know is from N deficiency, and also the leaves are more droopy as apposed to A1 is more out and full.

here they are, A1 also got transplanted, i couldnt just leave her in the 2 litter bottle, roots were exposed to sunlight!!!
SAM_1253.JPG
SAM_1259.JPG

here is A2 you can see from the top view that it is more yellow than green.
SAM_1258.JPG
SAM_1257.JPG

til next time....

really??? how you figure??? how does that show?? today was the warmest it has been in a while now, it got to 84 F today!!! is it the leaves? how they curl inward??? i notice that they do that when the sunlight is on them, at night they just droop...

Checking in Astro! The "clone only" thing on Afgoo, and others, has got me thinking too. I started some research tonight but don't have a lot of time... but it seems that Big Budda and THsea are right. Not that I doubt them but I really would like to know more. If I find anything more I'll let you know.

:nicethread: and glad you stopped by my journal.. We'll share notes for sure! :goodluck: subbed!

:peace:

ok, some thoughts, i was looking at the Afgoo's today, i noticed that on A1 it has its lateral branches already starting to form and extend from the 3 set of true leaf area also starting to come off the stem on 4, 5 and 6 are starting to pop out!!! as A2 doesnt have anything yet... A1 leaves are getting huge!! already extending a little over an inch!!! on the 5th leaf!!! its so cool watching her grow, which brings me to my thoughts on them.. i think that A1 will turn out to be a female, as to where i think that A2 will come out to a male... thats just my thoughts. feel free to share some feedbacks on my thoughts or some of your personal experiences on grow from seeds... this is my first seed grow, just got done with my first clone, and building the setup for the next grow, once i get everything to build the new grow spot, i will start up its journal!!!

Hey its good to see your already up and running on your next grow ! I'm certain it will be every bit as informative as the WW grow, especially being from seed. Now that I'm linked up I look forward to watching and learning from your progress waiting for my first grow.

Cheers.

:welcome: lollia,

hope your ready for a ride!!! cus its my first time doing seed grow and outdoors.
thanks for the great comment about the WW grow journal, i felt that i could have put more into it, but it was started wrong and had to start a whole other journal for it so i could get some followers and some advice!!! well look forward to this grow!!!

check this out!!!

i was out of town all day today and i just feel like i have not been paying enough attention to these little babies!!! so i came home today and was admiring them and talking to them as i misted their leaves and then as i did my little check for little varments that i dont want (which there were none!!!) i noticed this!!!

SAM_1289.JPG

and here is a little closer view
SAM_1297.JPG

do you see that!!! it is coming in pairs out exactly the same direction!!! totally unique!!! i love it!!! hope it stays this way for the next set of leaves!!!
and here is the lateral branches that i said are coming away from the stem
SAM_1295.JPG
SAM_1296.JPG

Back
Top Bottom