AFnOOb First Grow! Autoflower, Soil, Dwarf Low Flyer, LED

That was my next question about the carbon filter. I didn't notice that until today. I was under the impression that you only used a fan. I'm about out of money. How important is the carbon filter/exhaust fan? At what stage did you put it in? Does anyone know if you need an exhaust/carbon filter for success orbit it would affect the auto plant without one. Thanks!!
If it is only used for the smell, I'll be putting this on a back porch, so not stressing that. Also, growing in this tent, you guys think it is wise to give the plants some fresh air and sunshine during the grow, or would that be too much stress on it? Wow. Is this really that complicated? Lol.

That was my next question about the carbon filter. I didn't notice that until today. I was under the impression that you only used a fan. I'm about out of money. How important is the carbon filter/exhaust fan? At what stage did you put it in? Does anyone know if you need an exhaust/carbon filter for success orbit it would affect the auto plant without one. Thanks!!

It's not necessary but when your plants start stinking after 3-4 weeks you will smell them. The exhaust fan simply replaces the stale air in your tent with fresh air and filters the smell as it pushes it out. It also helps keep the temperature down by sucking out the hot air in the tent. So if you don't have a problem with the smell and can keep your temp under control it you should be fine without one. I would open the tent daily to get some air exchange though.

Cool thanks both of you. Yeah I bought my wife a fumigant tea tree bonsai, and it had or got what looks to be spider mites. I bought some neem oil product, and sprayed 1x week and definitely slowed them down, but I still see one alive every now and then. I've heard you can't get rid of them easily. Only control them. Creepy lil things under 15x magnification. I couldn't even see what it was with or without my readers on. It looked like little pieces of the blossoms falling, so I ignored it. I hope it makes it. Thing wasn't cheap. It's loosing many leaves.

I can't stress enough how much I appreciate your answers. So much help. Thanks again. Oh... what about giving them sunlight and fresh air and sunlight during the brightest warmest part of the days. (10:30 am-4:00 pm). Too much?

No problem I want you to succeed on your first grow! Direct sunlight I think would be the best light because it has the spectrum that they have evolved to grow under. I think as long as they don't get too hot or too cold it would help. Some people say they run lights 24/7. I personally believe the plants could use a little break. You could prob let them get direct sunlight during the days that the temp is in the 70s and run your LED at night to keep you tent warm.

I dont know if I have a preference between the mars and the galaxy because I have them both over the same plant so I cant really compare. Plus I rotate my plant so its not like one part was constantly under the same light the whole grow. But the galaxy seems like it has more red lights then anything plus I like that it has ir and uv. Im not sure if the mars has ir and uv

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Moonshine some people run 24/7 but the plants collect and store energy when lights are on and do most of their growing at lights out. So I believe that 18/6 would give you a stronger healthier and bigger plant and if you dont wanna do 18/6 at least give them some type of dark cycle

And as far as the sun question. Their is no light that you can buy that is better for plants then natural sunlight but like someone mentioned it can invite pest in but if your tent is outside on your porch then their at risk anyway. Their at risk in a house to. The insects are so tiny and the move with the breeze wit pets or they hitch a ride on us or other plants (clones and stuff) but theirs organic things you can spray to deter pest to.

Happy growing

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Yes I forgot to mention dealing with pests being outside thanks jgrowlove also dust and exposure to the elements. Think of your tent as a micro climate that you create. You just want to provide your plant with as close to a perfect environment as it requires to reach its genetic potential. If everything does not run perfectly then you will still yield a harvest it just might not reach its genetic potential. The closer you get to perfect conditions the closer you get to reaching its genetic potential. I'm no pro though so take everything I say with a grain of salt. These are just my opinions from what I've gathered from my research and limited experience.

Hello again. My seeds are just about above ground. I'm doing the exact same soil method as you, except I put my seeds in generic root riots and the root riots in 5g smart pots.

I remember u had mild nute burn at 1 week, so I was wondering.....did you pre soak /flush the ffof before planting seed, or just water the 70/30 perlite section the seed was planted in? Also, could you elaborate on your watering schedule and amounts those first few weeks. Thanks so much.

I panicked thinking these first three were dried up and I thought they were gone, so I dropped the rest of my seeds in water ( I wasn't confident in storing them in fridge and pulling them out to drop a couple here and there over the next 12 months...then cks not resend more if they didn't pop). So now I have 10 more sunk and not much room in tent. Looks like I'm going to have to start in solo cups or the root starters/plugs, and then most of them go outdoors..)

Hello again. My seeds are just about above ground. I'm doing the exact same soil method as you, except I put my seeds in generic root riots and the root riots in 5g smart pots.

I remember u had mild nute burn at 1 week, so I was wondering.....did you pre soak /flush the ffof before planting seed, or just water the 70/30 perlite section the seed was planted in? Also, could you elaborate on your watering schedule and amounts those first few weeks. Thanks so much.

I panicked thinking these first three were dried up and I thought they were gone, so I dropped the rest of my seeds in water ( I wasn't confident in storing them in fridge and pulling them out to drop a couple here and there over the next 12 months...then cks not resend more if they didn't pop). So now I have 10 more sunk and not much room in tent. Looks like I'm going to have to start in solo cups or the root starters/plugs, and then most of them go outdoors..)

I presoaked all the soil before planting so there wouldn't be any dry pockets. Then only watered about 3" around the plant when needed for the first few weeks about every 3-5 days. After that I started watering the whole pot about every 7 days. You don't have to water much in the beginning it's kinda boring but super simple. You u wanna wait until the soil dries out before you water your plant so the roots stretch out looking for water. You can stick your finger down into the soil about an inch or two from the edge of the pot to feel if it's dry. Make sure you go down a few inches though. Also I recommend picking up your pot to feel the weight it will be noticeably lighter when your soil dries out.

Also I used about a 1 1/2 gallons of water each watering. I used a pressurized sprayer to help aerate the soil. I would prob do some outside rather than crowd my tent. You should get a lot better yield and have the opportunity to compare grow styles.

You think it's too much to have both 300w gal hydro leds going and the two cfl 35w on them. The two 300w leds are 24" above and cfls about 3-4" currently. I took the dome off now the are above ground. Yes or no? Thanks again

No I think it would help. I had 2 small CFLs laying around that I used on mine for the first few weeks. Kept them about 3-6" away

Back
Top Bottom