African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

All your plants are looking super happy and healthy brother :bravo: i'm looking forward to September so i can throw some plants outside too!
Thanks Irie.
My earthworm farming is giving me just enough in the way of castings and soil to plant the vegging plants out.
I am going completely organic with my soil for repotting and the plants seem to love it. That and the added CO2 seems to be working out under the homemade LED.
The veg cupboard is getting pretty full so I only have a couple of weeks before I re-pot the bigger ones and move them out to flower in the greenhouse.
You plants came out awesome by the way. have you connected with @Lerugged down your way?
Today I need to get some stuff at the shop. A new spray bottle, fly traps, ( some pesky tiny white flies have appeared ) and I need to find a good rooting gel or compound.
Cheers matey's
:snowboating:

For rooting gel I use fresh aloe sap and it takes bit longer to root but that's what worked for me and I've kinda stuck with it mr.Strain. I was actually speaking to my mate at the braai as he has a small earthwo m farm going and we were chatting bout getting one going in my garden as this year as I keep trying but the little blighters keep on dying on me so I kinda gave up on them last year....

Mine is starting to produce some decent tea and castings and the worms have definitely multiplied. There are hundreds if not thousands of babies in the box. Happy about that considering I only started with 8 of them.
Keen to meet up with Irie soon. Time has been a little short between the 2 little ones and my folks here for a visit so hopefully soon .

I've got three 50lt totes which I diy'ed last year so gonna resurrect them and get some worms from across the road and get going as its a fresh season ahead with new beginnings I reckon.
And good on ya @Lerugged for arranging a meetup with @irie lion nothing like building new friendships over common interest.....:passitleft:

Yeah. If you keep them worms moist and have enough food they pretty much look after themselves. Don't put them in direct sunlight. To much heat dries them out and they dislike it if the temp gets to high. Basic stuff and they just multiply.
Every month and a half you could put a new one together. When you have more produce than you can handle you can sell it or give it away

Hi Smeegs and regulars. Smeegs I just read your Jerky box thread.
Man you have your hands full. hope you can rest your back even for the night with some meds.
I am doing another BIC and some bedside pedestals with shelving, so busy with work.
not going to be home until Friday evening.
I have some Lemon something or other seedlings coming up and some WW and Green crack clones. dipped those in aloe sap, so we shall see how they do.
Got to go. Wifey time as I am away for two days.
Peace

Here are the seedlings and clones
20190717_200951.jpg
20190717_201010.jpg

I've been scarce. I know.
Work and the attack of the white fly.
On the positive side, plants are still growing or surviving depending on their location.
So it's time to update.
First the greenhouse where the battle of the white flies takes place. They have definitely affected the Blueberry, known as Gertie. The last of the blueberries for this season. The Blueberry strain has been a popular smoke among my mates and has proved to still have great flavor, a smooth smoke and mainly a head high while still being able to do stuff.
The Buddha cheese grown with the first lot of Blueberry just kicked ass. had some regular smokers couch locked for up to six hours.
So Gertie is the last of the Blueberries and this is what she looks like now
Gertie Blueberry.jpg

Wrapped in sticky fly paper.
Here's one of the buds. I may have to harvest early due to the effect of the little critters.
Gertie Blueberry bud.jpg

That was Gertie

Here is one for you my mate @Smeegol .
The Cali Orange plant in the greenhouse is starting to look like something
Greenhouse Cali Orange.jpg

Also having a battle with white flies but I have been washing leaves and spraying mixes of garlic, red pepper, lemon and dishwasher. Excuse the socks. it's early and still chilly some mornings.
Her buds are looking like this.
Cali orange bud.jpg

A pretty plant That I hope to be able to see through to maturity.

I have added two Green crack plants from the vegging department. This is mainly due to space constrictions in the vegging cupboard, which we will still get to.
Here are the Green crack's.
Green Grack greenhouse.jpg

This one was re-potted into my black bags with a mix of sterilized used soil, boosted with worm castings and a little super compost.

The next one was potted into a larger pot from seedling stage so no need to re-pot.
Greenhouse Green Crack 2.jpg

Both of these plants are doing well and loving the change from the veg cupboard.
Neither have shown sex yet, so I am eager to see since the are now in nature's winter light cycle.

Well that was the outdoor part with it's own challenges.
Now for THE VEGGING CUPBOARD.
The plants seem to love what been done to the place.
I have trimmed and topped all but one plant but that Northern light was only re-potted today.
Let's start there
Northern lights before transplant.jpg

In the center still in a cup
This plant took a while to get going but seems to bee thriving now
When I re-potted the roots were well established in the whole cup.
I also added the other seedlings from my old fridge setup
Vegging cupboard additions.jpg

These are lemon something seedlings and all four seem healthy.
In front in a tiny black pot is a clone which is strong enough to take on the vegging cupboard
In the background is the re-potted Northern lights plant. I will give it a trim and top in a couple of days.

The VEGGING CUPBOARD
All the other plants are doing great. I am trying to keep them in veg as long as possible. One White widow is showing some pre-flower hairs but She must stay.
White Widow and Green crack in veg.jpg

In the foreground is the White widow and in the background another Green Crack, next to my CO2 dispenser and some iced water as a temp control and humidity addition.

In the diagonally opposite corner are two more Northern lights
Northern lights in veg.jpg

They were all planted at the same time as the plant I re-potted today.
Then there is another White widow which is at the top of the same pic of my re-potted Northern Lights
Northern lights before transplant.jpg

So that is my update.
The fridge has some struggling clones and a slow poke Green crack.
I am not overly concerned if the clones make it or not as I I just do not have space here.
Another farm project is taking a while to get off the ground so I am having to reign myself in a little.

I hope Y'all enjoy the update

Looking great man. Cannot wait for spring.
Ja. Spring. I will have to build a flowering cupboard when we get there just now. Time is flying.
I still need the short sunlight hours to flower some of these vegging plants
How you doing bro?

Ja. Spring. I will have to build a flowering cupboard when we get there just now. Time is flying.
I still need the short sunlight hours to flower some of these vegging plants
How you doing bro?
Yeah I'm good. Been busy and time limited. Plants are growing so can't complain too much. I'll be doing an early harvest too but mostly for seeds. Let's hope for a mild spring. Have a great week man

Hey brother, i haven't popped in here in a while but looks like i'm just in time for a lekka big update.
Looking good in the garden! Bummer about the white flies, iv'e not had them hassle my plants before. Besides the critters all your plants seem to be in good health. Looking forward to spring! :morenutes:

I haven't been around for a while. Mainly work and a little despondent about some plants, my light in the veg cupboard also suddenly started flickering and performing at less than half power, I think it's the Chinese transformer which I must replace.
Vegging plants taking strain. Oiy vey!

Having given all the bad news it's time for a little update.
Lets start with the seedling fridge and clone zone.
At the moment I have another attempt at 5 Stiched up kush auto's. A rescued Lemon something plant from the veg cupboard and some clones. The clones that have taken. Sadly I have not marked them so a little conmefusication is afoot with the clones.
20190828_184038.jpg

The Stitched up auto's are doing better than my previous dismal attempts with them before now. With a veg cupboard light problem I the large pot is a topped lemon something hopefully recovering, The rest are clones.

Back
Top Bottom