African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

Strainyourbrain

Hi all 420 Mag personnel, Growers, followers, seekers, teachers,learners etc.
It's really by accident I came across 420 a couple of days ago. I am soooooo glad to be here.
Southern Africa (if you have not guessed by the thread title) is where I was born and looks like will also complete life's journey. There are both good and not so great things one can say about where I reside, but the Cannabis fortunes have been opening up wider and wider.
I live on a tomato farm with plenty of hydro tunnels. I don't have anything against hydro but love the smell and feel of soil. I therefore try to grow in soil and mostly in pots. So much of what I have read in the past few day has inspired me to continue to learn and discover the exciting world of variety behind the serious nature of the goals we pursue. Expanding social acceptance of medical and social cannabis with a view to release societies from age old restrictions based on fear, conformity or greed. This is at present a growing phenomenon that is finally changing laws in countries. Fantastic!!!!

Phwew. Was that all in here somewhere?

Back to growing the beautiful plant. I am not a frequent user ( once every two weeks or so ) but my wife has serious arthritis in her one knee and parts of her hands. She finds that she is relieved of pain and able to sleep better after she has a couple of puffs. She wasn't always convinced and often moaned at me a couple of years ago when I had just short of 100 plants on a remote farm veranda. She is now trying all sorts of strains and already has preferences.
I love to experiment and now have a tiny greenhouse and in the process of putting together grow cupboards, fully equipped with timer, lights, and fan. It's a process. As I have been visiting here on 420, the attitude of everyone and helpfulness has given me confidence to make it happen, whilst learning at the same time. This will not only benefit myself and my wife but our immediate and broader community. I live in a fairly liberated area as far as cannabis goes.

So, I hope that this onslaught of words has not been to much but hey that's me. Here goes......

Strainyourbrain

Hi all 420 Mag personnel, Growers, followers, seekers, teachers,learners etc.
It's really by accident I came across 420 a couple of days ago. I am soooooo glad to be here.
Southern Africa (if you have not guessed by the thread title) is where I was born and looks like will also complete life's journey. There are both good and not so great things one can say about where I reside, but the Cannabis fortunes have been opening up wider and wider.
I live on a tomato farm with plenty of hydro tunnels. I don't have anything against hydro but love the smell and feel of soil. I therefore try to grow in soil and mostly in pots. So much of what I have read in the past few day has inspired me to continue to learn and discover the exciting world of variety behind the serious nature of the goals we pursue. Expanding social acceptance of medical and social cannabis with a view to release societies from age old restrictions based on fear, conformity or greed. This is at present a growing phenomenon that is finally changing laws in countries. Fantastic!!!!

Phwew. Was that all in here somewhere?

Back to growing the beautiful plant. I am not a frequent user ( once every two weeks or so ) but my wife has serious arthritis in her one knee and parts of her hands. She finds that she is relieved of pain and able to sleep better after she has a couple of puffs. She wasn't always convinced and often moaned at me a couple of years ago when I had just short of 100 plants on a remote farm veranda. She is now trying all sorts of strains and already has preferences.
I love to experiment and now have a tiny greenhouse and in the process of putting together grow cupboards, fully equipped with timer, lights, and fan. It's a process. As I have been visiting here on 420, the attitude of everyone and helpfulness has given me confidence to make it happen, whilst learning at the same time. This will not only benefit myself and my wife but our immediate and broader community. I live in a fairly liberated area as far as cannabis goes.

So, I hope that this onslaught of words has not been to much but hey that's me. Here goes......

Strainyourbrain

Welcome ! I like the way you think. I would vote for you as Prime Minister of Canada.

Many thanks and appreciations to you all. Just a quick pop in as I'm on my way to go start installing a kitchen. will catch up tomorrow night. I got a shock yesterday afternoon when I ventured into my little greenhouse. There, clustered around a rim of a green pepper pot, were about fifty little grasshopper babies. When I told my wife she said " KILL ". I also have a flowering Buddha cheese and four three and a half week Blueberry kush plants in there. I couldn't spray them so Iv'e been chasing them around off and on until now. I must do a quick check, feed animals, wash some dishes and pack some stuff before I leave in 30 minutes.

So that's me for today.

Strainyourbrain out

Welcome to the forums,

It sounds like you'll do very well! I'm excited to follow your progress.

Side note, I also agree with your wife's sentiment regarding the grasshoppers. They are voracious!

Just returned from my first day and a half of work on replacing a kitchen. the old cupboards are out and construction on the new units is underway.

The part I enjoyed the most was seeing the growth of my plants in this time. I haven't posted pics yet so I am going to give this a try. Bear in mind that my phone is not the best for photo's but it will give an idea of my present setup.

Thanks for the interest so far guys.

I'm still getting the hang of this so let me add some thing after the fact. The poor Buddha cheese has had some rough times and just started flowering on it's own. Two transplants due to over fertilized soil.
The Blueberry kush seems to be enjoying itself immensely.
In the background off one greenhouse pic are some of the tomato tunnels on the farm which is my home.

These are from seeds given to me. Not femmed seeds and of unknown pedigree.

Ok. That's all for now

That looks like a nice little setup,and apparently the plants love it.
Looking forward to seeing what they do!

Thanks carcass. I am also keen to see what they are going to do. I have a challenging couple of weeks ahead as I will only be home every second day. My wife is house sitting at the house where I am installing the kitchen, so we will see. She has made sure that I can get back as these are her babies as well.

:peace:

Remember-they are weeds,so hopefully, all they will do while you're not around is grow...
The grasshoppers would worry me a bit,though-they eat a lot for their size
Try a using dustbuster for the grasshoppers-works for whiteflies,too.

Hi Mr Magoo. There is one pic of a blueberry that looks like bites but it' just the nature of these leaves. So round and have this curl but it's a young plant and the growth is fantastic. I am so interested to see the nature of this one. It doesn't look look anything like the other three. They have more sativa looking leaves. possibly another seed got in the Blueberry packet some how. Having said that, i love it.

Remember-they are weeds,so hopefully, all they will do while you're not around is grow...
MMMMMMmmmmmmm. I physically found all those blighters and blatted them. ( sorry to all grasshopper lovers but I love my plants more. )

As to the first part of you message, I agree. The only thing that worries me is my watering schedule. Some of my days away fall on watering and nutrition days. I have to try work around this and hope to not over water or let the plants dry out. The sun get's a bit hectic here if there's no wind to blow through the this setup.
Having said all that I have grown in worse conditions. But if I want to maximize yield then it's not ideal for now. Only for two weeks I hope, then back to normal.

I love your little garden tent! Plants look happy, pest management can be tough which is why I like sealed (or semi-sealed) systems.
Thanks FoNz. The tent was put together with Pallet material and Plastic thrown away from torn tunnels. My next project is some grow cupboards. I have material available from the kitchen I have removed. So that is going to be interesting. Then I have an environment to control.

A new challenge for me

Back
Top Bottom