African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

Now for the potting of the plant. I used an unknown plant that has been in my veg fridge for over three months. The seed originated from a grow on the veranda of the secluded farm we used to stay on. I had Cal Kush and another indica strain ( unknown ). There were Pondo land seeds out there and more unknowns.
As this is my first attempt at bonsai so i didn't want to use a blueberry but I am re-potting number three today and will take some slips from her to try a perpetual Mother.
So the bonsai....

The Plant before in my veg fridge
Bonsai plant before.jpg

Preparing the pot and plant for bonsai potting
Soil in bonsai pot shallow.jpg

I just left a small layer of lawn dressing between the bottom of the pot and the seat of the roots.
I forgot to take a pic of the root preparation but I basically took some of the roots off. The rootball was not fantastic and I didn't take much off.

Then I seated the plant on the thin layer of lawn dressing and spread the roots out. Covered them all up and compacted the soil fairly well adding another layer of mixed river sand and lawn dressing. This is not very high in nutes. The watering also will have no nutes. I will only add nutes if I decide to flower the plant.
This is what she started out like in the new pot. Topped.
Planted and topped bonsai.jpg

Looking very sorry for herself
Plant looking forlorn.jpg

I did a little more work on her.
With some main leaves still on.
Bonsai with main leaves.jpg

Main leaves removed
Bonsai after taking off top and some main leaves.jpg

The top I took off in clone land
Clone from the top of bonsai.jpg

Gave the potential bonsai some lukewarm boiled water and put her back into veg fridge with the clone.
Bonsai in veg fridge.jpg

So now we shall see if she takes to all that torture.

My work has only just started for the day so I better get cracking. Re-pot Blueberry Three in the greenhouse and use that pot to re-pot my other tortured plant from the veg fridge which is now going out into the greenhouse.

The re-potting is done.
The Blueberry Kush Number Three in it's final bag
Three in final bag.jpg

And The tortured plant from my veg fridge
Potted from veg fridge.jpg

I also messed around with a gif image of the plants in my greenhouse
Greenhouse plants.gif

And that's it for now. I think I will make the box for the grow cupboard tomorrow

The Bonsai attempt.
I had made a cement pot using a cloth and cement technique. It is quite shallow so to my mind it won't promote to much root growth.
Bonsai pot 1.jpg

Bonsai pot 2.jpg

I had to put some holes in it for drainage. Started with a screw
Screw used to make holes.jpg

Then made them bigger
Making holes lager.jpg

Finished with holes
Holes for drainage.jpg

That was the pot and preparation

Love it.. :snowboating:

Now for the potting of the plant. I used an unknown plant that has been in my veg fridge for over three months. The seed originated from a grow on the veranda of the secluded farm we used to stay on. I had Cal Kush and another indica strain ( unknown ). There were Pondo land seeds out there and more unknowns.
As this is my first attempt at bonsai so i didn't want to use a blueberry but I am re-potting number three today and will take some slips from her to try a perpetual Mother.
So the bonsai....

The Plant before in my veg fridge
Bonsai plant before.jpg

Preparing the pot and plant for bonsai potting
Soil in bonsai pot shallow.jpg

I just left a small layer of lawn dressing between the bottom of the pot and the seat of the roots.
I forgot to take a pic of the root preparation but I basically took some of the roots off. The rootball was not fantastic and I didn't take much off.

Then I seated the plant on the thin layer of lawn dressing and spread the roots out. Covered them all up and compacted the soil fairly well adding another layer of mixed river sand and lawn dressing. This is not very high in nutes. The watering also will have no nutes. I will only add nutes if I decide to flower the plant.
This is what she started out like in the new pot. Topped.
Planted and topped bonsai.jpg

Looking very sorry for herself
Plant looking forlorn.jpg

I did a little more work on her.
With some main leaves still on.
Bonsai with main leaves.jpg

Main leaves removed
Bonsai after taking off top and some main leaves.jpg

The top I took off in clone land
Clone from the top of bonsai.jpg

Gave the potential bonsai some lukewarm boiled water and put her back into veg fridge with the clone.
Bonsai in veg fridge.jpg

So now we shall see if she takes to all that torture.

My work has only just started for the day so I better get cracking. Re-pot Blueberry Three in the greenhouse and use that pot to re-pot my other tortured plant from the veg fridge which is now going out into the greenhouse.

Love it...:snowboating:

The re-potting is done.
The Blueberry Kush Number Three in it's final bag
Three in final bag.jpg

And The tortured plant from my veg fridge
Potted from veg fridge.jpg

I also messed around with a gif image of the plants in my greenhouse
Greenhouse plants.gif

And that's it for now. I think I will make the box for the grow cupboard tomorrow

Love it...:snowboating:

Wow mr.Strain you've certainly had a busy weekend brother....:thumb:

I really like your bonsai that's the kinda stuff I like trying with a plant as I've got a random girl that I've been torturing.... Lollipopped down to 2 arms and topped branches for 4 tops and so on although I'd like to keep her going vegging throughout winter, she's in a 10lt bag so going to stunt her to keep her small and squeeze the growing tips to stunt growth and promote thick gnarled branches.

Random.

image.jpeg

Thanks @Smeegol . I got back from work today pretty darn tired.
I definitely can't keep on doing cupboards for the rest of my life. ( except grow cupboards of course )

I did go check on the plants in the greenhouse and this is what I found. ( nothing bad )
The Bhudda cheese looking delish
Bhudda cheese bud.jpg
Bhudda cheese main cola.jpg
Bhudda whole plant.jpg

All the plants seem to be doing well

The latest Bhudda Cheese out of veg. Plant has grown at least five inches since last weekend.
Bhudda Cheese growing.jpg

That broad leaved number One. I still cant see what sex it is.
Broad leaf number one.jpg

Number Two is happy in the new bag and starting to flower
Two happy and starting to flower.jpg

Number Three. I took some clones from the bottom branches as I think this is my best plant.
Number three going well.jpg

And number Four who just seemed to young to start with all this.
Four going for it.jpg

Those are the Blueberries

Attachments

• Three I took clones from the bottom.jpg
    Three I took clones from the bottom.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 82
The last two in the greenhouse are, the tortured plant out of veg finally and Gertie the seedling.
I just got tired of Torture girl in veg and she is loving the change already.
Re-potted tortured plant from veg.jpg

And last but not least Gertie is showing good signs after transplant
Gertie.jpg

And that completes the greenhouse update

I second mr.Mago on the Buddha, but not to let the other girls get jealous they are pretty to esp the bonsai....haha have a blessed day day mr.Strain...

Thanks Smeegs. the greenhouse is smelling awesome.
I have a couple of hours left on the job I am busy with so when I have a couple of days i am going to look at options on lights for the cupboards.
Bonsai is looking a little sad but had quite a hard time with all of this change.
I have put some plastic bags over my clones. Something I saw somewhere and it seems to be working. We will see half way through next week.
Otherwise it's just work. Your girls are looking amazing!!!!!

Buddha cheese getting frosty! Nice!

Thanks Mr. Magoo. It is smells wonderful as well. The Blueberry Kush is starting to have fragrance too.
So I think I will end up putting a chair or two in there for my wife and I. just to wake up and smell the cannabis.

As to what I am getting up too in the garden, here's some updates on the greenhouse. And......... some more news coming after that, stay tuned to this station to get all the latest news on the life and times of Strainyourbrain.
All the plants in the greenhouse are flowering or just starting
Bhudda cheese main cola.jpgBhudda Cheese.jpgNew Bhudda cheese starting to flower.jpgNew Bhudda cheese.jpgNumber Four in flower.jpgNumber Four main cola.jpgNumber One finally showing.jpgNumber Three bud site.jpgNumber Three.jpgNumber Two bud site.jpg

Those are all flowering now. Two Bhudda cheese and four Blueberry Kush

A little Gif of the Bonsai and clones in my veg fridge. I tried a video but the format on my phone is not compatible.

Bonsai and clones in veg Fridge.gif

The bonsai seems to be happier. I don't expect it to be doing much as there is no real root space.
Clones in their plastic bags looking good after 5 days or so.
And the clone taken from the bonsai plant before it became a bonsai

Ok ok. The Vegging grow cupboard.
I am using materials I pulled out of a kitchen I replaced.
The boards I have already cut. The cupboard is !20cm high ( 47.244 inches) 70cm wide ( 27,55 inches ) and 60cm deep
( 23.62 inches )
The boards ready for assembly
20190323_132932.jpg

20190323_132939.jpg

A basic box with a back
20190323_140447.jpg

The first stage. Make a box the size you think you will need.

Now for some food. I'll be back!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom