African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

Looking heavenly mr.Strain ya my plant that wouldn't grow this season was my blue Kush....hahaha took plenty clones to try again...haha
I am not trying very hard with the clones.
If they take, they take.
Mostly about the space I have.
Yours look awesome though Smeegs

The Stitched Up Kush seeds all cracked so I have popped them into their own cups.
Stitched up Kush auto.jpg

Out of the water in the shot glass
The new batch of babies.jpg

A Northern lights popped it's head into the light
One of 3 seeds in this cup
One out of 3 Northern Lights.jpg

And one of 3 Deb's Meds also popped up
One out of 3 Debs meds.jpg

The whole new batch
Seedlings and seeds planted.jpg

Attachments

• The new batch of babies.jpg
    The new batch of babies.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 18
  • Stitched up Kush auto.jpg
    Stitched up Kush auto.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 17
The topped Cali Orange plants are showing new growth
The fridge plant
New growth Cali fridge.jpg

Close up Cali fridge.jpg

Not as vigorous as the topped Cali Orange in the grow cupboard
New growth on the topped Cali Orange.jpg

Grow cupboard new growth close up Cali.jpg

Time for a repot of the fridge plant and get it in with the grow cupboard children
The plants are definitely growing faster in the cupboard

I decided to see how close my phone camera could take pictures
After editing this seems about the closest I can get with clarity
I hope you enjoy these
DP close ups
DP bud closer.jpg

DP blown up.jpg

DP crystals on pistols.jpg

DP close crystals.jpg

And Cali Orange Super Lemon Haze
COSLH close crystals.jpg

Cali Orange Super Lemon Haze bud cose.jpg

All I wanted to do was check how clear the crystal were
I could do with a little more clarity

Hi all 420 Mag personnel, Growers, followers, seekers, teachers,learners etc.
It's really by accident I came across 420 a couple of days ago. I am soooooo glad to be here.
Southern Africa (if you have not guessed by the thread title) is where I was born and looks like will also complete life's journey. There are both good and not so great things one can say about where I reside, but the Cannabis fortunes have been opening up wider and wider.
I live on a tomato farm with plenty of hydro tunnels. I don't have anything against hydro but love the smell and feel of soil. I therefore try to grow in soil and mostly in pots. So much of what I have read in the past few day has inspired me to continue to learn and discover the exciting world of variety behind the serious nature of the goals we pursue. Expanding social acceptance of medical and social cannabis with a view to release societies from age old restrictions based on fear, conformity or greed. This is at present a growing phenomenon that is finally changing laws in countries. Fantastic!!!!

Phwew. Was that all in here somewhere?

Back to growing the beautiful plant. I am not a frequent user ( once every two weeks or so ) but my wife has serious arthritis in her one knee and parts of her hands. She finds that she is relieved of pain and able to sleep better after she has a couple of puffs. She wasn't always convinced and often moaned at me a couple of years ago when I had just short of 100 plants on a remote farm veranda. She is now trying all sorts of strains and already has preferences.
I love to experiment and now have a tiny greenhouse and in the process of putting together grow cupboards, fully equipped with timer, lights, and fan. It's a process. As I have been visiting here on 420, the attitude of everyone and helpfulness has given me confidence to make it happen, whilst learning at the same time. This will not only benefit myself and my wife but our immediate and broader community. I live in a fairly liberated area as far as cannabis goes.

So, I hope that this onslaught of words has not been to much but hey that's me. Here goes......

Strainyourbrain
I realize I'm late getting to the party on this one and your grow has already ended. I'm curious about any landrace Southern African genetic seed you might be growing. BTW I lived in Lesotho for two years in the 80s and loved it. Some of my best memories are from Southern Africa, and the good people I met there. I hope all is well with you. Good luck!

I decided to see how close my phone camera could take pictures
After editing this seems about the closest I can get with clarity
I hope you enjoy these
DP close ups
DP bud closer.jpg

DP blown up.jpg

DP crystals on pistols.jpg

DP close crystals.jpg

And Cali Orange Super Lemon Haze
COSLH close crystals.jpg

Cali Orange Super Lemon Haze bud cose.jpg

All I wanted to do was check how clear the crystal were
I could do with a little more clarity

Clip-on macro lenses are available for your phone. They'll allow you to zoom in closer to the action.

I realize I'm late getting to the party on this one and your grow has already ended. I'm curious about any landrace Southern African genetic seed you might be growing. BTW I lived in Lesotho for two years in the 80s and loved it. Some of my best memories are from Southern Africa, and the good people I met there. I hope all is well with you. Good luck!
You're welcome here Zembretti
There have been a couple of grows here so far. It's a continuous and possibly never ending cycle, or at least until I am unable to continue to grow for some dreaded reason
Welcome.
There are a few of us on 420 who are growing landlines.
Check out
@Smeegol @Lerugged for a start

You're welcome here Zembretti
There have been a couple of grows here so far. It's a continuous and possibly never ending cycle, or at least until I am unable to continue to grow for some dreaded reason
Welcome.
There are a few of us on 420 who are growing landlines.
Check out
@Smeegol @Lerugged for a start

Evening mr.Zembretti I don't have any landrace going unfortunately but @Lerugged most def is....

KVS?
Yip the frost is coming.
I'm kinda hoping for some snow
Howzit Smeegs

I hope you get plenty brother, I've just put 3 reg dark Devils that popped up yesterday into the forever homes courtesy of mr.Dynamo so fingers crossed on two lovely lasses and a single stud muffin..... :laugh:

I hope you get plenty brother, I've just put 3 reg dark Devils that popped up yesterday into the forever homes courtesy of mr.Dynamo so fingers crossed on two lovely lasses and a single stud muffin..... :laugh:
I look forward to seeing them devils on your thread brother

On a more serious note.
I have been wanting to produce femmed seeds for a while.
I read up a bit on what @The Celt has been doing. .......
Then, thinking I had the concept, I applied pollen to 2 Cali Orange plants.
Plant 1 got some Stitched Up Kush pollen
Plant 2 some White Widow pollen
2020-03-19 16.45.38.jpg

Plant 1
20200319_163337-1.jpg

Plant 2
2020-03-19 16.48.49.jpg

2020-03-19 16.47.04.jpg

20200319_164011-1.jpg

Brilliant!
Or so I thought.

No no Mr Strain, that's not right.
Fine for cross pollinating.
But not going to produce female pollen, which I finally realised was supposed to be the goal.
Produce female pollen.
Now I have to wait another month before I can try on other plants that will be ready.
Not pollen first. Treat a female plant first, getting it to produce female pollen. Then use the pollen on another female to get femmed seeds.
Wham bam thank you Mam
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom