After Clearing Major Hurdles For MMJ In Georgia, Supporters Have New Goals

Robert Celt

By this time in 2015 medical marijuana supporters were hoping for a victory.

Many of them were brought to tears when the state legislature passed a bill allowing cannabis oil to be used for sick patients.

But supporters of medical marijuana quickly realized there were several roadblocks in their way - including the fact that it remains illegal to grow and produce marijuana in the state of Georgia.

"I think there's a concern that it can't be controlled, and I think those are false fears," State Rep. Allen Peake, (R) of Macon, Ga. said.

Peake has been on the front lines of the medical cannibals fight. He plans to pre-file legislation allowing marijuana to be grown in Georgia and to be used to produce cannabis oil.

The 2016 legislative session begins in less than two weeks. But Peake admits it will be an uphill fight.

"It's going to be a miracle to pull it off but for the sake of hurting citizens in Georgia I am hopeful we can get it done," Peake said.

Earlier this year the Georgia Commission on Medical Cannabis voted not to make a cultivation recommendation to Governor Nathan Deal.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation director Vernon Keenan cast one of the no votes.

"Cultivation of marijuana is against federal law and as a law enforcement officer I'm not going to support anything that is contrary to federal law not contrary just violates federal law," Keenan said.

Governor Nathan Deal has already said he's skeptical of the idea of allowing cannabis cultivation, saying he doesn't believe it can be controlled.

cannabis_1_.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: After Clearing Major Hurdles For MMJ In Georgia, Supporters Have New Goals
Author: Ryan Kruger
Photo Credit: Justin Sullivan

Georgia Bureau of Investigation director Vernon Keenan cast one of the no votes.

"Cultivation of marijuana is against federal law and as a law enforcement officer I'm not going to support anything that is contrary to federal law not contrary just violates federal law," Keenan said.

I really wish law enforcement would stay out of the political arena and just enforce what ever laws the people we pay to make laws come up with. I'm starting to think that this is something the people in this state need to start focusing our attention on because law enforcement isn't supposed to be a political entity in charge of law making. Their job is to enforce existing laws and it seems that they are being given cart blanch to make the laws they enforce. What's next, are they going to be allowed to make their own law to hang people from the nearest tree whenever they feel like it because they are allowed to make laws as they see fit on the fly?

We the voters do the hiring of the people we pay to make laws on our behalf but for some reason they are giving this GBI prick a vote on these bills and I don't recall ever voting this guy into office to be given voting rights for passing laws. Law enforcers and law makers should be kept as two different things always, otherwise it's like Nazi street justice and the SS gets to do what ever they want, whenever they want with no accountability for their actions.

The only vote a person in law enforcement should ever get to make is when they go to the voting booth during general elections like everyone else and that should be where their voting rights end.

I really wish law enforcement would stay out of the political arena and just enforce what ever laws the people we pay to make laws come up with. I'm starting to think that this is something the people in this state need to start focusing our attention on because law enforcement isn't supposed to be a political entity in charge of law making. Their job is to enforce existing laws and it seems that they are being given cart blanch to make the laws they enforce. What's next, are they going to be allowed to make their own law to hang people from the nearest tree whenever they feel like it because they are allowed to make laws as they see fit on the fly?

We the voters do the hiring of the people we pay to make laws on our behalf but for some reason they are giving this GBI prick a vote on these bills and I don't recall ever voting this guy into office to be given voting rights for passing laws. Law enforcers and law makers should be kept as two different things always, otherwise it's like Nazi street justice and the SS gets to do what ever they want, whenever they want with no accountability for their actions.

The only vote a person in law enforcement should ever get to make is when they go to the voting booth during general elections like everyone else and that should be where their voting rights end.

Hear Hear !

:bump:

Back
Top Bottom