Agemon Grows Auto In Coco

Looks like I'll need to bust out the laptop if I'm gonna use that one. Another reason to have my laptop near liquids...
Just keep the grandchildren away. My grand daughter came running and hit my coffee, spilling it into my laptop. That was an expensive hug.
:nomo: :circle-of-love::hug::sorry:

Just keep the grandchildren away. My grand daughter came running and hit my coffee, spilling it into my laptop. That was an expensive hug.
:nomo: :circle-of-love::hug::sorry:

There may be some who have grandkids at my 'age,' but I've only got daughters. No weddings anytime soon either, not that that's a prerequisite...

You know I was noticing the yellowing more today, but those spots aren't gonna fade. I think they look pretty cool all things considered, a first right of passage. I'm ready to mix more for her today so I'll bump up the calmag, and keep the nutes at 1/4 strength. Thanks Tio, I was gonna start hunting for a new recipe, I didn't change the nute mix when I went from soil to coco, not sure if that mattered.

My daughter helped me at feeding time last night, she grabs all the little plants in the solo cups and the 1 gallons. Then I bring out the heavier 5 gallons. She waters while I mix, guide, & teach. She loves helping out in the garden!

I was about to start the hedging of the buds when she asked if she could help. I explained to her what back building is and why it's done. I handed her the smallest pair of scissors and let her go to it. I talked her through it and showed her too.

I've read several ideas about back building and tried clipping buds a couple of times. It does work to some extent although I don't think it increases yield so much as helps with getting more dense flowers. I keep it simple, I clip the smallest amount of green and some white hairs off the top of each bud, 1/8" max. The idea is similar to topping however at the flowering stage you don't get multiple tops it slows the stretch and, as stated, helps to thicken the colas. If I've forgotten anything please let me know.

Pics of the clips or the 3 tallest tops.

In the past I've topped my photo plants right before flip, I mean the night of just before lights out. I've found that also helps to reduce stretch, but not sure how, or if, it affects the bud production.

I just recently watched a video about back building. It's an interesting concept. The grower never mentioned when during bloom to do that though, so when do you do it?

Also, why do you prefer to limit stretch before it starts? I always clean out the spindly crap at the end of stretch, but if the pheno I'm growing needs to be stopped prior, I have the option of doing it sooner, but either way, the stretch is needed to increase tops and side branching.

She's still alive and doing really well, she's fillin in nice and the colas are starting to get furry & dense too. The yellowing still has my full attention. I've slowly moved back to the full dose, but I've gone back to the transition schedule of 1/2 tsp per gallon of Micro, Gro, Bloom, and 1.5 tsp CalMag. The yellowing seems to be progressing that is the reason I've changed the feed. The lower growth is still lush and green but I've noticed the the yellowing has started to affect the lower growth too.

4 weeks since first hairs, my first time with this strain, I've never seen a plants colors fade so quickly even at four or so weeks into flower.

EDIT: 2.5 - 3 weeks and them I'm gonna take some more leaves from her. I think I've pinched twice since the 3 week defol.

That late into bloom you don't want to skimp on K. I'd stick to the schedule for Micro and Bloom and if you're at the week that Gro is dropped, I'd drop it. FWIW, in your photos, I see minor K def among others.

I'll PH the run off tonight and let y'all know bout that too. Hopefully it's still on the lower side of 5.90.

Also, she looks much better in the pics

You can also increase micro some
How old are they from seedlings?

She broke ground on Jan 23. How'za bout this Tio? 3/4 tsp Micro, 3/4 tsp bloom, 1 tsp Armor Si' & 2 tsp CalMag, All per gallon, & PH'd to 5.80 or so?

What do you think about adding Terpinator or Floralicious to this mix?

that could just be the plant itself in the genetics she is frosting up though!

She's definitely getting the frost, much sooner and more than the previous two. She's in coco, they were dirt.

This late into bloom you don't want to skimp on K. I'd stick to the schedule for Micro and Bloom and if you're at the week that Gro is dropped, I'd drop it. FWIW, in your photos, I see minor K def among others.

She's 7-9 weeks for flower which means 3-5 weeks from now. The schedule I follow doesn't drop the Gro for another week maybe 2. I've got to mix a new batch up. It's tough to see the wide swing in coloring, but she's still growing so well and the buds are really filling in! I really don't wanna run into the Lockout again so i'm trying to be cautious about feeding her and not swinging the ph or nute levels too much. PH on the low side and let it climb up if it wants too?

What is FWIW? Typ-0? From What I See?

FWIW = For What It's Worth.
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
FYI = For Your Information

Terpenator and Floralicious Plus is always a good thing, the Floralicious Plus only calls for 1ml/Gal so maybe 1 TSP for every 5 galls of water. Your $$$ would be better spent on Flora Nectar instead of the Terpenator, that shit is crazy expensive and the active ingredients in both are sulfur which is always good for the plant. The Floralicious Plus has fulvic/humic acids which act as chelators that keep the trace metals and calcium protected in the solutions and as a result keep them more available to the roots. Fulvic/Humic will also increase growth vigor, but all of those products can turn bad so store in a cool dark place to keep fresh. I've lost bottles before, and the Floraliscious Plus costs about $85 a quart at the local hydro store, that shit aint cheap.

FWIW = For What It's Worth.
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
FYI = For Your Information

Terpenator and Floralicious Plus is always a good thing, the Floralicious Plus only calls for 1ml/Gal so maybe 1 TSP for every 5 galls of water. Your $$$ would be better spent on Flora Nectar instead of the Terpenator, that shit is crazy expensive and the active ingredients in both are sulfur which is always good for the plant. The Floralicious Plus has fulvic/humic acids which act as chelators that keep the trace metals and calcium protected in the solutions and as a result keep them more available to the roots. Fulvic/Humic will also increase growth vigor, but all of those products can turn bad so store in a cool dark place to keep fresh. I've lost bottles before, and the Floraliscious Plus costs about $85 a quart at the local hydro store, that shit aint cheap.

I've got some of all of that, it's a question of mixing it all at the right ratios and getting those things dialed in. Im definitely starting to see the plant differently, not just for shape but for her overall health. I know it will take me time and patience, just a question of how much... Great info, Thank you!

I have never used terminator, floralicious for sure
I try to get the ph at 6 - 6.2 going in
Coming out it’s going to drop
Check run off
Let us know how things look

I read somewhere that lower PH was better and to let it raise naturally. I've let the PH fluctuate as high as 6 but never higher. Am I being to cautious?

PH in 5.94
PH out 5.74

Plants are lookin very nice I’m glad everything worked out

Thanks for cruisin by Soup! I'm gonna be posting some Northern Lights Pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom