Agemon Grows Auto In Coco

Ok 3 gallons of flush went thru the coco. I used Flora Kleen for all three gallons, PH'd 6.00 give or take a hundredth.

First reading came out at 6.35 probably cause it was washing out this mornings feed which was Ph'd to 5.97. I continued to flush and the last reading I got was 6.57.

That's high for a coco grow, but not flaring off the charts. Recommended is 5.75 - 6.0.

I will follow your suggestion, and add in some Armor Si for her next feeding (tonight 6-9).

Gracias Tio

This is a helpful chart to keep on hand.
Nutrient Deficiencies and Excesses.jpg

I just went looked at page 1 to see what brand nutes you're using and noticed you're using GO. Back when I started growing, I used GH 3 part, and when I first got a calcium/magnesium supplement, I mistakenly got GO's CaMg which gave me a lot of grief and reservoir snot. I'm not saying you can't use synthetics with Gen Organics, but you should look into that more deeply to verify if you can or can't. My best guess is that you shouldn't.

Also, since you're using organic nutes, you should know that they're likely not fully broken down and likely require using beneficial bacteria to properly process the elements into the form that can be uptaken by the roots.

Right on Skybound! Thank you, I was looking at a chart like that earlier. This is the only plant that is reacting this way. The others are all in veg and this one in flower. By coincidence this auto was flipping right when I changed the lights too. I'm wondering if the change in lighting and nutes required some how confused the plant b/c it was going into flower. One minute she's need nitrogen to adjust to the light and then she's getting those flowering signals too. Maybe she went haywire for a minute... Who knows...?

Back to your point, I really hope you're wrong, I just bought a gallon of GH CalMag. :laugh:

How committed are you to General Organics? Every coco grow I sidelined used synthetic nutes (afaik).

Not committed but so far my plants are doing well, I might consider a change when I run out though. What do you recommend?

That's a long story, lol, but I ended up with dry salts mixed with RO to make my own concentrates, then I have full control of what goes in in what ppm. The link in my description gets deep into that. If you're in the states, you can acquire everything I have for about the price of one gallon of each GH product, and that should last you for about a decade assuming you can provide RO or distilled to make concentrates. It's similar in nature to using Jack's 321, except that isn't really targeting to be ideal for cannabis, but still, a lot of people have good results with it. But if perfection, or full control is desired, buying Jack's, Peter's, Megacrop, any of them will be a waste of money. I know this because I wasted a lot of money on stuff I will no longer use. I just bought a bunch of micros and used them for 3 days as I found better micros, lol.

When I started using dries is around when I saw his channel and is also when I figured out how to use Hydro Buddy. IMO, learning to use that app is the single greatest tool for a synthetic hydro grower. I can pinpoint desired target ppm for each element and if I notice deficiencies, I can adjust 1 or more elements in the next grow.

That guy grows in coco too and has a good size room and runs a lot of strains, but I noticed a lot of his leaves were damaged, much like what I saw when using GH. So I began asking questions on RIU and found some OG's on the topic and good good numbers, and though I tweaked a few slightly, they're pretty accurate.

IDK if it's possible to calculate nutrient availability in organic nutrients, or the rate of release from the bennies, but if you go into synthetics, from one grower to another, let me save you about 5 years of wasted money buying water, plus another 6 months of wasted money buying into a blend of salts that would be difficult to work around and dial in and give you a BOM and you can build your own custom feed chart that pinpoints your macros as well as an ideal micro nutrient recipe that to the best of my knowledge is great for canna. When I used Jack's and Peter's, neither was close and it's harder for me to resolve how much to add of each micro to make ideal when the dose of that blend wasn't always the same. The way I do it now is make a micro nutrient concentrate similar to GH Flora Micro, just with more intentional ppm targets, then adding in the macros and secondaries is much easier and Hydro Buddy resolves my targets to 100%.

Here's what my numbers look like. The empty space represent the previous numbers. Each is elemental PPM, or what the roots can uptake.

Full Grow Targets.JPG

That's a long story, lol, but I ended up with dry salts mixed with RO to make my own concentrates, then I have full control of what goes in in what ppm. The link in my description gets deep into that. If you're in the states, you can acquire everything I have for about the price of one gallon of each GH product, and that should last you for about a decade assuming you can provide RO or distilled to make concentrates. It's similar in nature to using Jack's 321, except that isn't really targeting to be ideal for cannabis, but still, a lot of people have good results with it. But if perfection, or full control is desired, buying Jack's, Peter's, Megacrop, any of them will be a waste of money. I know this because I wasted a lot of money on stuff I will no longer use. I just bought a bunch of micros and used them for 3 days as I found better micros, lol.

When I started using dries is around when I saw his channel and is also when I figured out how to use Hydro Buddy. IMO, learning to use that app is the single greatest tool for a synthetic hydro grower. I can pinpoint desired target ppm for each element and if I notice deficiencies, I can adjust 1 or more elements in the next grow.

Wow!!! That sounds like a big jump! I'm not sure if I'm that serious about this hobby yet... I'm already mixing nutes at least every other day for my girls in coco depending on the phase of veg or auto needs. I only do gallons and half gallons for now. I feel like growing is a great way for me to vent my controlism's and perfectionism too. I'm not sure if I want to roll more control and perfectionism into the 'mix.'

Thank you for your insights and suggestions!

TIO, I think you're on to it! Man, that flush really seems to have helped her out! She looks greener and healthier this morning! I skipped last night; no feeding or watering. I figure 3 gallons of h2o should be fine for 24 hours. I mixed up the bare essentials this morn and added a full dose of the Armor Si.

1 gallon h20
1/8 tsp Micro, Bloom, CalMag
4 drops Gro
1 tsp Armor Si.

:popcorn: with my fingers crossed!

I can dig that, but if you ever decide to go all in, my materials list will cost about $160 before shipping and I'm not even joking about it lasting 10 years or more for an average size grow.

Tough to argue with a recommendation like that. Right now I'm focused on getting the Kush healthy and strong for the finish.

I was really scared she was in the crapper and I wouldn't get her back! She's really looking good today though, all that lower growth is super green and glossy! Starting to see some frost and she's stretching again too! Hoping she's through the worst of it now.

Pics later today.

I got a love/hate relationship with Kush. So frosty, great smoke, great flavor, but the cut I had was not a yielder and in my space ranged from 14.5 zips all the way down to 6 measly ass zips. IDK how many phenos can be expected, but the one I had gave me a golf ball nugget about every 4"-6".

I'm not sure what to expect this is my first Kush and she's an Auto. She's about inline with the other two I grew, but I think the colas and gonna be thinner. I think she'll be more like the Ultra Lemon Haze than the Train Wreck. She's doing better, but I think I'm gonna loose those leaves with the bright orange dots.

The Kush I grew was plain OG Kush from Dinafem, and I did not pheno hunt from several beans. I can already see yours will do way better than any one of my cuts. If you get time to kill, you'd serve yourself well to learn how to use Hydro Buddy because that app will enable you to pop the hood on every nutrient brand and see what the numbers look like, as well as make theoretical adjustments and tweaks. This is especially helpful if you're trying to treat a Def or Tox. You can see what numbers are too high, or too low. Who knows, you might think you have a Def, when in reality it might be something got locked out due to something else being too toxic.

IMO, one can never be too informed. To learn the app, link is in my signature.

PC only I think. I'm not even sure if it will run on a Mac, but it is free, so I guess that's the tradeoff.

Back
Top Bottom