ahhh bug problems

hellkatgurl

Hi everyone...I'm pretty new to growing smile. I recently planted a few plants in jiffy pots...and just moved into organic soil and bigger pots. They are three to four inches long and I discovered some bugs after changing their soil and putting them into bigger pots. I was reading into getting rid of the bugs and I read to flake ivory soap and put the soap suds onto the plants but I don't know exactly what the process is,or if thers a better way to get rid of the bugs. I'm on a tight budget and was hoping that anyone might have any inexpensive suggestions? I would really appreciate any feedback thanks in advance!
-jen & mayra

Just a sugestion, but if you have a spray bottle, but some luke warm water into it w/your soap flakes. Keep shakin it up while you spray your plants. If you have to use a spray bottle that had chemicals in it (though you really shouldn't) just rince it very well in very hot water. Once the bugs are gone, spray the plants really well w/plain water to get rid of the soap residue.
Vin

What type of bugs?
Knowing that, we can suggest better ways to combat your pest problem ;)

liquid dish soap like DAWN in a spray bottle shaken and ONLY SPRAY THE SOIL for mites, and ive done combat with gnats this way..... even add h2o2 from time to time..... works for me..:cheesygrinsmiley:

^^ You can spray it on leaves too.
Mix about a tablespoon of soap into water so it's pretty diluted.

Alright cool we'll try out the soap in the water bottle. The war with these little bastards is on. Thanx guys.

- Jen & Mayra

Oh yeah the bugs are like little brown dirt crawlers we're not exaclty sure what they are, But i bought a spray bottle today and we're going to spray them tonight. Wish us luck!
- Jen & Mayra

Back
Top Bottom