AHighGuy's First 600W SCROG Indoor Cabinet Grow

as far as the rockwool you have going now have the roots grown into the big outer cube yet? if you can separate the original cube from the bigger one GREAT, but if not, what are the dimensions of the big cube?? after i get that measurement i will go check real quick to see what i think.

Would I then need 3 water pumps?

The cubes are 6X6X5.5" I believe

Would I then need 3 water pumps?

The cubes are 6X6X5.5" I believe

no, you would just need that same air pump that i listed above.... you will just use 3 of the 4 airways in the splitter.... no problem, the 4th one can be shut off, and the pump will force all the air through the 3 that are open.... even more bubbles for you..... this will be PLENTY of water movement for the roots. so one commercial air pump...... and that one pump will have 3 lines coming out of it....... one line attached to a 12" air stone per tote.

so there is no way you can disconnect the clones from the big cubes?? if you could we are in!!

I will talk with my Grow-Partner tonight.

So total materials I need are 3 "totes", 1 Air Pump, 1 4-Way Splitter, 3 Air Stones, 6 Net Cups, Air-line, and Hydroton...

I have a 20Gal Aquarium Air Pump that is just laying around the house. That should work and if not ill grab one from the local fish store.

You got me convinced... Now its up to me to convince my grow-bud...

Also, Would it be possible to cut the Rockwool, I bet the roots are maybe an inch into the new cube. They were 1/4" out of the oasis cubes before I ever put them into the Rockwool 2 days ago.

That said, LETS GO SHARKS!!!

I will talk with my Grow-Partner tonight.

So total materials I need are 3 "totes", 1 Air Pump, 1 4-Way Splitter, 3 Air Stones, 6 Net Cups, Air-line, and Hydroton...

I have a 20Gal Aquarium Air Pump that is just laying around the house. That should work and if not ill grab one from the local fish store.

You got me convinced... Now its up to me to convince my grow-bud...

Also, Would it be possible to cut the Rockwool, I bet the roots are maybe an inch into the new cube. They were 1/4" out of the oasis cubes before I ever put them into the Rockwool 2 days ago.

That said, LETS GO SHARKS!!!

ok, yeah, im sure you can cut away most of that big cube then.... no problem.

and yup, everything in your list looks good.... except, the air pump situation. i suggested the commercial one because its powerful... no doubt. but since we are down to 3 totes instead of 4 and you already have one 20 gallon pump laying around.... you could just go get 2 more of those. wal-mart sells 20-40gal dual outlet pumps for $9.88 each.

0079285405133_500X500.jpg

i use one of those 20-40gal pumps per 10 gallon tote....

Thanks for all your help, and don't think of your time as wasted yesterday. You taught me a few things that ill use on my next grow.
:thanks:

oh no problem at all........ and:

You taught me a few things that ill use on my next grow.
:thanks:

likewise.... i will have an extra spot next month in my grow room and am SERIOUSLY considering building a cab and trying out CO2 for the first time.... the real stuff, not the po' boy kind :ganjamon: and i will be using an idea or 2 from your cab.

keep up the good work!!

OK... Bad news.

My landlord has just given me notice that in the next 2 weeks they are going to put a tent on the house. Like the one to kill termites and all that.

What should I do, there are only 14-15 hours of sunlight outside. I should have a place to put them outside if that wont do anything strange.

In a worse case I might be able to take the setup somewhere else but I'm trying to avoid that.

Well, there's some TLC needed but doesn't look to be much. Regarding your pH question regarding your Gro Dan cubes, I would say try to hit the same pH every time. I find my AK47 strain's like a 5.8 pH, so that's what I keep it at. I feel 5.5 is too low for any type of cannabis, or pushing the limit of being too low.

I've also found that a PPM meter is a great investment, and possibly a must. I haven't seen you mention anything about that or what type of nutrients you're using, so let me ask you ;). What type of nutrients are you using? Do you have a PPM meter? I want to also suggest not to accept your pH tester kit's readings to be 100% accurate. I have the same manual test kit from General Hydro as well along with a cheap digi meter, and I find when the digi meter is calibrated, the manual test reads out a couple 1-5 tenths lower than the true result.

I feel a 800PPM for veg and 1100PPM for bloom is treating me well so far, yet I'm pretty new to PPM. Please, I know you folks are out there, who know the optimal PPM conditions. Please let me know if I'm off and by how much.

Good luck my friend, sorry about the long post as well. I just had to figure these specific rockwool cubes out and wanted to let you know.

Here's what they looked like a couple days ago...
IMG_05175.JPG

Hope you don't mind the pic
:peace:

They look good...

So you have the PH tester that you stick in the cube?

I test the water going in as well as the runoff and they say around 6 but the cube tells a different story.

Nutes are Flora Nova Grow nutes 7-4-9 I believe. I do not have a PPM Meter.

My pH meter dips in water, so I fill a measuring cup and test the water that way. I'm sure you know you should be testing the pH after you've mixed in your nutes. Usually the guys at the hydro shop will tell you that. So Gro-Dan recommends a pre-soak of their cubes for at least 30 min in plain water which has a pH of 5.5. This is a very important step to take I've found thanks to the folks in these forums.

I test the water going in at about 5.7 and don't test the run off. After a handful of harvest or so your able to read your plants. They'll tell if somethings wrong, and there's signs for every nutrient issue.

Here's a great link which I still use, you might find helpful... Huge Thanks goes to the founding father 420 :grinjoint: for this one!!!

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Damn those spider mites!!

:peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom