Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do

Wilbur

Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do
Peter McWilliams

THIS BOOK IS BASED on a single idea: You should be allowed to do whatever you want with your own person and property, as long as you don't physically harm the person or property of a nonconsenting other.

Simple. Seemingly guaranteed to us by that remarkable document known as United States Constitution and its even more remarkable Bill of Rights. And yet, it's not the way things are.

Roughly half of the arrests and court cases in the United States each year involve consensual crimes—actions that are against the law, but directly harm no one's person or property except, possibly, the "criminal's."

More than 750,000 people are in jail right now because of something they did, something that did not physically harm the person or property of another. In addition, more than 3,000,000 people are on parole or probation for consensual crimes. Further, more than 4,000,000 people are arrested each year for doing something that hurts no one but, potentially, themselves.

The injustice doesn't end there, of course. Throwing people in jail is the extreme. If you can throw people in jail for something, you can fire them for the same reason. You can evict them from their apartments. You can deny them credit. You can expel them from schools. You can strip away their civil rights, confiscate their property, and destroy their lives—just because they're different.

At what point does behavior become so unacceptable that we should tell our government to lock people up? The answer, as explored in this book: We lock people up only when they physically harm the person or property of a nonconsenting other.

Read the book here: https://www.mcwilliams.com/books/aint/toc.htm

user said:
THIS BOOK IS BASED on a single idea: You should be allowed to do whatever you want with your own person and property, as long as you don't physically harm the person or property of a nonconsenting other.

Isn't that basically libertarianism?

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! My prof and I discuss Marijuana use almost everyday... And he is a stupid bastard and thinks it should be illegal on all counts, but this article says almost exactly what I tell him.

It's our bodies! We only live once... Why in the hell can we not do whatever we feel like to OUR bodies. Nobody owns them except you. How is there people in this world who can honestly say "no you cant do that"? FUCK THEM I am not going to live my life like a little bitch dog standing next to the U.S government. As long as were not out drving, and inflicting pain on other individuals then I do not see why we cannot smoke a little weed in the privacy of our own homes. It's pothetic... Not only do we pay for these house s with our own money... But we have to pay taxes...and pay for heat...and pay for A/C...and pay for electricity...My point is that the government has us all my a little choke collar. When we get out of line... Oh here they come to knock us down. This government is a joke.

MajorBongHit said:
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! My prof and I discuss Marijuana use almost everyday... And he is a stupid bastard and thinks it should be illegal on all counts, but this article says almost exactly what I tell him.

It's our bodies! We only live once... Why in the hell can we not do whatever we feel like to OUR bodies. Nobody owns them except you. How is there people in this world who can honestly say "no you cant do that"? FUCK THEM I am not going to live my life like a little bitch dog standing next to the U.S government. As long as were not out drving, and inflicting pain on other individuals then I do not see why we cannot smoke a little weed in the privacy of our own homes. It's pothetic... Not only do we pay for these house s with our own money... But we have to pay taxes...and pay for heat...and pay for A/C...and pay for electricity...My point is that the government has us all my a little choke collar. When we get out of line... Oh here they come to knock us down. This government is a joke.

And your words are true majorbonghit.... to bad it took some stupidity from me to realize what the Us goverments is about, did my time in the Marines and hated every minute of following the orders of my superiors just to impress some senator of goverment official. Thats why i am moving to canada. Don't get me wrong the people in the Corp are like you and me, OUSTANDING PEOPLE to work with but to obeay the rules and guidelines of the goverment straight out blows donkey dick.

Haha GO MAN GOOOO! (The Don Won) I live about 2 1/2 hours from canada... Im thinkning the same thing. Is it true that once you start in Marine training that you basically CANNOT quit? or they will ruin your life? I've heard this... And if it's true... Thats just one more thing that pisses me the fuck off about our "leaders"

MajorBongHit said:
Haha GO MAN GOOOO! (The Don Won) I live about 2 1/2 hours from canada... Im thinkning the same thing. Is it true that once you start in Marine training that you basically CANNOT quit? or they will ruin your life? I've heard this... And if it's true... Thats just one more thing that pisses me the fuck off about our "leaders"

Quiting wasn't really an option because you signed the contract to join ( however many years you sighned up for.... good thing i only did 4 yrs active and another 4 inacative, which i am still working on ....) Only real ways to get out of the contract to break the law. which i wasn't about to try to fuck the drill insructor up..... but i did smoke 2 days before i got there just hopeing i would pop on the piss test (NEVER happened though) ... Now that i have been out for a year i continue to smoke up. But any way to answer your question ya you could quit in a way but you would have to try hard very hard. gots to go smoke one with my bro .:smokin: If any more questions about it feel free to ask.

John Gorka - Semper Fi

From the album "Jack's Crows"

My father met Eleanor Roosevelt
In 1945
The war at last was over then
And they were still alive

Her husband was the President
Till he ran out of time
Her Franklin D. was history
And they'd put him on the dime

My father joined the leathernecks
To stay out of the mines
The new marine was just fifteen
In 1939
There were medals and malaria
The south pacific war
Through jungles that were paradise
And were paradise no more

Soldiers fight and soilders die
Soldiers live to wonder why
Semper fi fe fo fum
Look out peacetime here we come

Some of the men who did survive
Were not the lucky ones
War is only good for those
Who make and sell the guns

My father lay recovering
The hurt was all inside
Sometimes the wounds that never heal
Are easiest to hide

When Eleanor came bearing gifts
To San Francisco Bay
She gave my dad a blanket
In the hospital that day

That blanket meant alot to him
My mother has it still
Some forget the kindnesses
That others never will

Soldiers fight and soldiers die
Semper fi fe fo fum
:peace:

user said:
John Gorka - Semper Fi

From the album "Jack's Crows"

My father met Eleanor Roosevelt
In 1945
The war at last was over then
And they were still alive

Her husband was the President
Till he ran out of time
Her Franklin D. was history
And they'd put him on the dime

My father joined the leathernecks
To stay out of the mines
The new marine was just fifteen
In 1939
There were medals and malaria
The south pacific war
Through jungles that were paradise
And were paradise no more

Soldiers fight and soilders die
Semper fi fe fo fum

Some of the men who did survive
Were not the lucky ones
War is only good for those
Who make and sell the guns

My father lay recovering
The hurt was all inside
Sometimes the wounds that never heal
Are easiest to hide

When Eleanor came bearing gifts
To San Francisco Bay
She gave my dad a blanket
In the hospital that day

That blanket meant alot to him
My mother has it still
Some forget the kindnesses
That others never will

Soldiers fight and soldiers die
Semper fi fe fo fum
:peace:

outstanding Poetry and also, so true .

the don won said:
Quiting wasn't really an option because you signed the contract to join ( however many years you sighned up for.... good thing i only did 4 yrs active and another 4 inacative, which i am still working on ....)

I'm sure you know this, but I'm going to be the downer reminder to you. You aren't out of the contract 'till you get your discharge in the mail. They'll hold you to every second of that contract. I got a Christmas cut in '75 (two whole weeks early), but the discharge didn't come in the mail for eighteen months. If I was riding out the contract now, I think I'd be twitching nervous. There aren't enough expendables in uniform anymore. Good luck. Smoke the green-- don't wear it.

the don won said:
outstanding Poetry and also, so true .
John Gorka really has a way with words. He's one of my favorite songwriters. When I got orders to report to Ft.Lewis in 1971 it only said for shipment to southeast asia. It was awfully close to Canada. I was ready to go across the border until I found out I'd be going to S.Korea.

:peace: May you live a long and peaceful life brother. :peace:

oldstonecold said:
the don won said:
Quiting wasn't really an option because you signed the contract to join ( however many years you sighned up for.... good thing i only did 4 yrs active and another 4 inacative, which i am still working on ....)

I'm sure you know this, but I'm going to be the downer reminder to you. You aren't out of the contract 'till you get your discharge in the mail. They'll hold you to every second of that contract. I got a Christmas cut in '75 (two whole weeks early), but the discharge didn't come in the mail for eighteen months. If I was riding out the contract now, I think I'd be twitching nervous. There aren't enough expendables in uniform anymore. Good luck. Smoke the green-- don't wear it.

Yup that is true, but how often has the goverment recalled troops only a few times i could think of. (hell ya ..twiching nevious.. thats why i smoke :cheesygrinsmiley: :)Reactly the goverment recalled certain inactive duty personel but only desired those that have certain Military Occupational Specialty. Good thing mine isn't Specialty isn't that high on the list

user said:
John Gorka really has a way with words. He's one of my favorite songwriters. When I got orders to report to Ft.Lewis in 1971 it only said for shipment to southeast asia. It was awfully close to Canada. I was ready to go across the border until I found out I'd be going to S.Korea.

:peace: May you live a long and peaceful life brother. :peace:

Yea thats sucks i got orders to germany and never maid it there.:hmmmm:
Ended up in afganistan then to iraq

Back
Top Bottom