Air from the dehumidifier is very warm

28 Grams

Before I got a dehumidifier here were my stats:
  • Ambient temperature: 70-85F
  • Tent temperature: 70-85F
  • Humidity: 70-99%

So I got a dehumidifier and hooked up the exhaust to the intake of tent, so now the humility is as lowe as I want (45%) but it's SUPER warm. My temperature monitor said 99F, could be more though 'cause it only reads 2 digits.

Is it better to have cool air but high humidity or hot air and low humidity?
It seems I can't have both

Before I got a dehumidifier here were my stats:
  • Ambient temperature: 70-85F
  • Tent temperature: 70-85F
  • Humidity: 70-99%

So I got a dehumidifier and hooked up the exhaust to the intake of tent, so now the humility is as lowe as I want (45%) but it's SUPER warm. My temperature monitor said 99F, could be more though 'cause it only reads 2 digits.

Is it better to have cool air but high humidity or hot air and low humidity?
It seems I can't have both
You need to vent that hot air somewhere other than the room your plant is in. To pull moisture out of the air it has to cool it. It does this by heat exchange. Cool air out he front, heat out the back.

I dehumidify the room my tent is in, not the tent. I also have the exhaust fan blowing towards it to help stir the warm air.
Hm the issue is the tent is basically outside, I will try having the dehumidifier running side-by-side with it instead of directly venting into the tent.

You need to vent that hot air somewhere other than the room your plant is in. To pull moisture out of the air it has to cool it. It does this by heat exchange. Cool air out he front, heat out the back.

I believe my dehumidifier has only one intake and one exhaust. So the only air coming out is the dry but also warm air.

Yes, they work exactly like air conditioners, only they're not set up to exhaust the heat outdoors.

Hm the issue is the tent is basically outside, I will try having the dehumidifier running side-by-side with it instead of directly venting into the tent.

I believe my dehumidifier has only one intake and one exhaust. So the only air coming out is the dry but also warm air.
I grow in a closed closet so a regular dehumidifier didn't work for me. I had to get a portable air conditioner with a dehumidifier on it so I could vent the hot air out. Hot air is no good for the plants.

I grow in a closed closet so a regular dehumidifier didn't work for me. I had to get a portable air conditioner with a dehumidifier on it so I could vent the hot air out. Hot air is no good for the plants.

Man, it appears I bought the wrong appliance..

If you get a portable air conditioner, I'd suggest you get a dual-hose model.

Have you calculated the heat load for your lights? Add up (actual) watts, and multiply by... 3.413, IIRC, to get the BTU produced per hour. 400 watts would be 1,365.2 BTU/hour, 600 watts would be 2,047.8 BTU/hour, et cetera. That'd be in addition to other sources of heat and the general volume of the room.

Back
Top Bottom