Air intake

Boo Radley

Would it make a huge difference having an intake vent installed in the same wall as my outtake fan? I have a 6", 435 CFM outtake fan installed in the top of my grow room (187 cu/ft) and I put the intake (just a vent, no fan) on the opposite wall at ground level. But, it's a logistical nightmare seeing as it splatters light from the grow area into the other room through the vent. I'd like to put the intake vent at ground level on the same wall as my outtake fan to avoid this. They would both vent into a basement/crawlspace area. Would having both intake and outtake in the same wall compromise my air exchange?

Also, do you think would I need an intake fan rather than just having a passive intake set up (9" x 6" opening). Props in advance for any guidance.

BR

fresh air won't pass thru your plants? i would think the exhaust would just draw fresh air up the wall-- really just not as efficient as what you're already running
why not build a light trap for the existing intake?

duct tape is your best friend... seal the light off. exhaust on the top(or taking from the hotter top air), intake near floor.. doesnt matter what wall.

"fresh air won't pass thru your plants? i would think the exhaust would just draw fresh air up the wall-- really just not as efficient as what you're already running why not build a light trap for the existing intake?"

That sounds like a good solution since I already cut the holes for the vents. I'll see about building a light trap. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom