Air Light and Temps

indochronic

Whats upp Growers!! im gona be building a grow box soon and from my last one id like to upgrade it. il be making 2 holes for ducting leading outside, one intake and one out with filters of some sort and mesh and the opening of the outside to inside( stop any little bugs and the likes) My question is what can i use as a filter, i dont need one of thoes sound and smell ones becuse thats not a issue but heat might be during cold winters and partly warm summers. so i was woundering what kind of heat control there is out ther?? something like a fridge or something has, that keep the temps between eg. 23-26C and humidity should relatively follow.:peace: Indo

Hey bud,
I have a intake 4" pipe leading from outside to my tent I use in the colder summer months and winter. I use panty hose lol as a mesh filter. Sounds silly but works amazing. I would have payed for this type of material had I not known better. As for temp control, the intake from outside should do it the majority of the year. You could always run your lights at night so when the intake is on its drawing in cool night air.

haha if it works for u then its perfect for me :thumb: it will fit nicely around the ducting to, like a leg :laughtwo: so for the hotter days , no intake of warm air. how do u keep them cool on thoes slighty hotter days in the summer? because last year i had them at 33-35C sometimes in hot days, even tho its only a couple degres over, i like to keep my ladies happy :) cheers for the tips :peace:

haha if it works for u then its perfect for me :thumb: it will fit nicely around the ducting to, like a leg :laughtwo: so for the hotter days , no intake of warm air. how do u keep them cool on thoes slighty hotter days in the summer? because last year i had them at 33-35C sometimes in hot days, even tho its only a couple degres over, i like to keep my ladies happy :) cheers for the tips :peace:

I have another 4" intake running off an elbow from my Central Air system for my home. So when my central air kicks in it also cools down the tent.

I run a thermostatically controlled window AC unit to keep my room at 70 degrees all year, regardless what season it is.

This will also work, it will be a slightly more costly option, but effective.

Good thinking with using the house cool system for two things:D and Antics, sounds like something im after. thermostat was the word i was looking for:) do u by any chance have a pic of this unit? i googled it nothing decent tho:/

They aren't listed as thermostatically controlled, they're just sold as "air conditioner".
You want to find a unit with the digital digital display, and temperature + - buttons. If you can find a model with the energy saver mode, it works even better, once the desired temperature is reached, it turns off the air conditioner completely until it gets too warm, and then the unit comes on again.

You have two options, a window unit, or a portable. Which one works best will depend on your grow room setup.

This is a thermostatically controlled window unit:
71qO9r3z4IL_SL1500_.jpg

This is a portable air conditioner. All of these units that I have seen were all thermostatically controlled:
ZoneAire.jpg

This is what you want to avoid. These units are not thermostatically controlled. They usually have 2 knobs. One Knob selects High cool/Low Cool/High Fan/Low Fan. The other knob is labeled 1-7/8/9/10 and lets you adjust the cooling manually, but there's no temperature selection:
buying-air-conditioner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom