Air pots

Hiiii! You called?? Lol

Airpots are the best and I use them in full coco. I’ve started a couple with soil outside too!

Just a heads up from experience...that pot looks to be put together backwards. The big spouts should be facing inside and it will be far less messy for you;)

Hiiii! You called?? Lol. Airpots are the best and I use them in full coco. I’ve started a couple with soil outside too! Just a heads up from experience...that pot looks to be put together backwards. The big spouts should be facing inside and it will be far less messy for you;)

Knew @newty could help! :)

They typically drain out the bottom so you will need a catch tray. Also the top has 2 or 3 rows of no spouts that’s how to tell the top from the bottom.

If they are coming out the sides too much, you likely have it on backwards

I only water to run off once a week but I know the weight of my plants dry and wet so I’d say I water almost to run off daily with full coco.

If using coco as the op queried, it's recommended to water to waste to avoid salt build up that could result in nutrient lockout. So, yes, without an appropriate catchment system it can definitely be a bit messy in airpots or smart pots.

You are correct that it has can be a mess but with a proper catchment it is a damn good way to grow. IMHO, :bongrip:

I run coco and use the 1ltr air pot for the first two weeks, then transplant to 9.2ltr airpots. The root system they produce is unbelievable. Fungus gnats can be a problem - I cover my large air pots with panty hose to prevent them from getting in the holes and laying eggs.

Fungal Gnats, hate them Alien bastards!
That's a great Idea for the airpots. I run smart pots with coco DTW and use a layer of the small Growstones which are made of glass on top of the coco and on top of that I put a layer of clay pebbles to hold everything in place.
This works well and also aids in water distribution from my irrigation system.

Just a heads up from experience...that pot looks to be put together backwards. The big spouts should be facing inside and it will be far less messy for you;)
I disagree - he has the air pot assembled correctly. The protrusions with the holes should be facing out - according to the manufacturer. I've been using them for years. I use hydro halos to feed - it distributes the solution evenly and it doesn't come out the side holes.

Back
Top Bottom