Air stone in a Wilma

Gavinsgardens

Hi guys , can I run my pump all daylight hours if I have an air pump ? Some of my ladies have stuck their roots into the res so I’m thinking they might produce more if fed all day , since they have plenty of oxygen in the water .

I was thinking because the roots have breeched the pots and are now in the tank anyway that watering them all the time would be ok , not so with humidity levels I found out the other night , the plants didn’t seem to mind with the water being so oxygenated . It pushed humidity up to sixty up from fifty so i promptly put it back to four feeds in their daytime .
will be doing it dwc style next after seeing the monster that put its roots into the tank !

Hey Gavins...just want to make sure on a few things, as I'm not familiar with a Wilma. A quick Google shows 4 small pots on top of a res...I'm assuming yours is similar. What media are you using? Is it a top drip feed system?

For the most part, once the roots hit the res, it might be smart to treat it as a RDWC. There is benefit to the airstone and drawbacks. The movement and increased air will help with the roots. It will also add heat and increase the PH. If you can, keep the airpump out of the tent, but no big deal if you can't. The more oxygen in the water the better for the roots.

Hey Gavins...just want to make sure on a few things, as I'm not familiar with a Wilma. A quick Google shows 4 small pots on top of a res...I'm assuming yours is similar. What media are you using? Is it a top drip feed system?

For the most part, once the roots hit the res, it might be smart to treat it as a RDWC. There is benefit to the airstone and drawbacks. The movement and increased air will help with the roots. It will also add heat and increase the PH. If you can, keep the airpump out of the tent, but no big deal if you can't. The more oxygen in the water the better for the roots.

It’s top fed with watering rings into clay . So it started as a simple system with no need for an airstone , but as I scrogged the roots made their way into it and there wasn’t much I could do at that stage with them locked into place. I’m running gas to heat the tent day and night and leave the air pump on , I also have an aquarium heater , this keeps my temps in check , it’s cold here .
if I treat is as a RDWC how often should I be flooding from the top ?

I’ve not been having issues with my ph . I RO the water then add back cal mag , I understand the air pump can rise the ph but as I’m running co2 in the form of the burnt gas that has the effect of keeping the ph in balance I think , it normally ranges up after I adjust up until I’m over feeding a bit when it goes down .

Fist sized buds so I think I did something right !
nice strain this powerplant

1CB6116E-D2A9-439A-9616-6DA197130D62.jpeg

It’s top fed with watering rings into clay . So it started as a simple system with no need for an airstone , but as I scrogged the roots made their way into it and there wasn’t much I could do at that stage with them locked into place. I’m running gas to heat the tent day and night and leave the air pump on , I also have an aquarium heater , this keeps my temps in check , it’s cold here .
if I treat is as a RDWC how often should I be flooding from the top ?
if it were me, after seeing your pic I'd Leave the airstone in, & run it 24/7.
As far as the top feed, carry on as you have been. She likes what your doing, don't fix what ain't broken.

just keep an eye on your res the way you have. Sounds like you've got a handle on the Temps
I’ve not been having issues with my ph . I RO the water then add back cal mag , I understand the air pump can rise the ph but as I’m running co2 in the form of the burnt gas that has the effect of keeping the ph in balance I think , it normally ranges up after I adjust up until I’m over feeding a bit when it goes down .
i couldn't tell you to be honest, but hey if its working, then you have one less worry!
Fist sized buds so I think I did something right !
nice strain this powerplant

1CB6116E-D2A9-439A-9616-6DA197130D62.jpeg
:bravo: :yummy::thumb: looks good man!!

I’m deep into uncharted growing territory and loving it !
got a lovely herb drying rack from amazon today so no more pricking around with hanging up the bud ! Some decent toke coming my way soon !

I’m deep into uncharted growing territory and loving it !
got a lovely herb drying rack from amazon today so no more pricking around with hanging up the bud ! Some decent toke coming my way soon ! Can’t wait now till spring , going to do a bunch of autos in my polly tunnel with free sunlight, bloody expensive growing indoors in winter ! In a flippen forty foot metal container .... Summers are short here so regular photo period Strains are a pain, I tend to veg outside and flower in a shed , the ladies don’t mind at all

Back
Top Bottom