Airpot vs cloth pot in coco grow: Which is better, tell me what you think

I agree with seriousburner, I prefer hard sided pots to the cloth - plus they don't have to be raised off the floor for drainage. If you do use air pots, I suggest you cover them in pantyhose.

Hey Mick are you using coco or soil , I found lifting the pots every day to remove the run off for coco a pain when using trays per pot hence the drain table , I won't use soil as coco is so much easier imho. you can't over water coco ,one less problem for me ,and why do I want to spend my time cleaning a pot when I can trash a cloth pot only worth $3.00 , I was wondering if the yield is better and worth the extra work and expense .I know both types of pots do allow algae growth on the outside of them but it doesn't hurt the plants ,just looks like crap.the cloth pots I buy have handles on both sides to lift with .

Hey Mick are you using coco or soil , I found lifting the pots every day to remove the run off for coco a pain when using trays per pot hence the drain table , I won't use soil as coco is so much easier imho. you can't over water coco ,one less problem for me ,and why do I want to spend my time cleaning a pot when I can trash a cloth pot only worth $3.00 , I was wondering if the yield is better and worth the extra work and expense .I know both types of pots do allow algae growth on the outside of them but it doesn't hurt the plants ,just looks like crap.the cloth pots I buy have handles on both sides to lift with .
I grow in coco in air pots or hempy buckets with perlite. Whatever type of drain to waste method you use, a drain table is a must. I built a pedestal on an incline and placed my drain table on it so that the waste drains into a bucket. A lot of people grow in cloth bags with good success - not me.
3 weeks.JPG

Nice setup , that's what I want instead of the 1/4 tubing witch is always getting clogged , where did you get the fittings and tubing from as I already have the same drip rings just can't find tubes to connect to them thank for the help !!!!

Nice setup , that's what I want instead of the 1/4 tubing witch is always getting clogged , where did you get the fittings and tubing from as I already have the same drip rings just can't find tubes to connect to them thank for the help !!!!
I sourced all the parts from Home Depot and the drip rings are fabricated from the same tubing as the supply lines I drilled 8ea 9/32 holes in each ring
IMG_3711.JPG

here you can see the flow
IMG_3712.JPG

Sweet. Do you feed all 6 at once? And if so - is the water pressure the same for each ring? Just curious. Nice set up.
I have yet to feed with this setup but I have tested it and it works great as you see in the last picture that is the flow with all six running I actually have two banks of three here is a shot of the shut off valves
IMG_3675.JPG

here is one of the feed lines
IMG_3701.JPG

This is gravity feed from about 5 feet from the ground and all three rings have the same flow as near as I can tell

I have yet to feed with this setup but I have tested it and it works great as you see in the last picture that is the flow with all six running I actually have two banks of three here is a shot of the shut off valves
IMG_3675.JPG

here is one of the feed lines
IMG_3701.JPG

This is gravity feed from about 5 feet from the ground and all three rings have the same flow as near as I can tell
I have to ask how you drain and refill the reservoir? It looks like it's 6' off the ground or more. I apologize to the OP for getting sidetracked. :)

Back
Top Bottom