AK-47 Strain - Need Advice

BCBuddha

I have just received an order of AK-47 seeds from "Serious Seeds" the original breeder. I want to do these seeds justice and grow them properly. I would like any information that can be offered by those who have grown or been involved in growing this strain.

I would like to know if this strain has any special needs when grown,
and what the bud production is like, in the sense of:

What is the Medicine like?

What is the crystal formation like?

What kind of smell or aroma is expected, while it is growing and after it is cured?

What kind of producer is it, big or small?

Anything you know will be of great assistance. I am an experienced grower and prefer to grow in a soilless mix(ProMix), with Hydro salts(Nutes).

Thank You
All In Advance...Buddha

Re: AK-47 Strain...Need Advice

I am surprised...I can't find any personal responses to growing this strain.

It can't be the great plant or strain everyone thinks, if no one bought seeds and grew it out. Maybe all the breeder info, is all hype. Well I guess I grow it and find out.

Peace...Buddha

Ok, great all around easy to grow plant with great bud production and a killer/strong uplifting high.

I found this to be the best strain I have here in the southeastern US because of it's tolerance for high humidity and pests.

Mine only seem to get about 3'-4' tall and turned out to be perfect for LST

You will get good side branching and cloning is a snap with AK's.

You did good to get these my friend...I just love mine and just about, exclusively grow nothing but AK47's! :welldone:

I am surprised...I can't find any personal responses to growing this strain.

It can't be the great plant or strain everyone thinks, if no one bought seeds and grew it out. Maybe all the breeder info, is all hype. Well I guess I grow it and find out.

Peace...Buddha
I'm currently growing it for the first time too, always herd its awesome smoke, i'm in 4th week of flower and the plants have a nice champagne type of smell to them, a grower friend of mine told me they get pretty stinky the last few weeks, and the cured smoke is strong smelling and tasting.

I just started to grow some AK47, the seedlings just sprouted and are looking strong. I started them off in peat pellets and it seemed to help a lot.

Ok, great all around easy to grow plant with great bud production and a killer/strong uplifting high.

Could you give a little more detail on the growing. I am most interested in the smell and odor given off during the flowering. What type of controls are needed for smell, if any? The length of flowering time and strech. And of couse amount of dry Medicine(Bud) when finished.

If you could spare the time a detailed grow report or a link to one...Thanks again.

Mine only seem to get about 3'-4' tall and turned out to be perfect for LST

Sorry...What is LST?

Peace...Buddha

Sorry...What is LST?

LST is tying the bottom of the stalk off to the pot/bucket with string, and then leaning the plant over and tying it down in a semi arched position so that the side branches get more light and produce bigger buds...make sense?

Real easy to do with AK's...cloning is easy with them too!

As for how much end harvest you'll end up with...good question, what kind of light you are using will determine that because...LIGHT = BUD

I was using 700w of High pressure sodium in a 4'x4'x4' box and was averaging anywhere around 3-4 OZ's per plant...sometimes more, sometimes less. ;)

Their are a lot of variables that come into play when growing Cannabis and all I can say is READ,READ,READ, if you are serious about learning this stuff.

Too many times, people want to ask all these questions but have no idea that the answers are already here for them to look up..believe me, my friend, no worries :thumb:

Go to the "FORUM" tab, click on "Search" in the drop down and type in what ever you are wanting to know in the "Key Word(s)" box, then just click "Search Now" ...easy, cheesy, Japaneezy...LOL :thumb:

Odor Control... +100

All the stray stoner-cats in the neighborhood will be scratching on your screen door, otherwise.

Sorry for coming across as a newbie and asking all the typical newbie questions. I was just trying to save myself some time searching through threads and threads of unrelated information, and maybe there's a bit of laziness in there as well.

As for my grow area...I use a sealed system enriched with Co2, this really helps with the odor issues. I have 20 plus years growing and I expect to get 20 more. I am a legal licensed grower in Canada, I am old school, and mix my own salts. I should have known better than to take the easy route to enlightenment(Info...lol), and apologize once more. I will show more professionalism in the future.

But, and I'm not asking, BUT if you guys were willing to volunteer that newbie info, I wouldn't say NO...:rofl:

Thank you all
Peace...Buddha

PS. Off to the archives

Sorry for coming across as a newbie and asking all the typical newbie questions. I was just trying to save myself some time searching through threads and threads of unrelated information, and maybe there's a bit of laziness in there as well.

As for my grow area...I use a sealed system enriched with Co2, this really helps with the odor issues. I have 20 plus years growing and I expect to get 20 more. I am a legal licensed grower in Canada, I am old school, and mix my own salts. I should have known better than to take the easy route to enlightenment(Info...lol), and apologize once more. I will show more professionalism in the future.

But, and I'm not asking, BUT if you guys were willing to volunteer that newbie info, I wouldn't say NO...:rofl:

Thank you all
Peace...Buddha

PS. Off to the archives

Not at all man, it's all good my brotha' :thumb:

I totally understand the need for you to inquire about this strain and you actually seem to have a lot more experience than I do, even...lol

I guess you understand that we do get a lot of new faces in here, that don't know how to find things in the forums and I just threw that our their so that everyone...even you, would know a good way to look for info and save your self some time...understand? No offense meant what so ever, my man..:adore::Namaste:

I have about 5-6 successful harvest's of AK and it's turned out to be the easiest strains I've grown to date :thumb:

I'm not sure what it is exactly, you are asking....Are you just wanting to know what the end harvest will be like?

I'd say, you will be pretty happy with that end result, my friend...;)

Now, we're not talking "Big Bud" results, but AK's produce great yields none the less and the high is very strong indeed....I almost felt like I'd been drinking all day after a full day of smoking AK...no doubt, killer high and absolutely immediate after the first hit or two...believe that!

You will be happy, my friend! :welldone:

With reviews like that, I'm sure I will be a happy camper...lol.

I just have to make room in the area before I get started, there is two rounds ahead of the AK. I am a true fan of skunky, I like my beer, my weed and my "NO" not my woman...lol, skunky. I hope the AK is close to or even with Buba Kush. The BK is my all time favorite Medicine and I'm hoping the AK will at least share the top spot with the BK. I will be starting the AK seeds soon, this will give them 4-5 months to mature before 12/12.

You asked...These are the things I am most interested in...

1)Stretch when flipped into 12/12...Do they double, triple in size?
2)The smell while growing...Strong or nothing to worry about?
3)The final product...How much dry bud per plant(with 3000w HPS) and it's appearance or bag appeal?

Peace...Buddha

Ya I have never grown it, but have heard from friends who have that is produces well and is an awesome strain to grow. It stinks real bad and the high is awesome. Seems to be good for pain and depression.

Oh and for your questions...

1. Probably closer to tripling in size, especially if its sativa dominant which I believe AK is.
2. The smell is very strong, even before flowering it will make your house reek. One small flowering plant can stink up your house unless you use some kind of odor control. And if your gonna be growing with 3000 W I assume you'll have a decent number of plants which will stink bad unless neutralized. Your best bet is probably a carbon filter.
3. No idea on production but bag appeal is great I love the way it looks.

Oh and for your questions...

1. Probably closer to tripling in size, especially if its sativa dominant which I believe AK is.
2. The smell is very strong, even before flowering it will make your house reek. One small flowering plant can stink up your house unless you use some kind of odor control. And if your gonna be growing with 3000 W I assume you'll have a decent number of plants which will stink bad unless neutralized. Your best bet is probably a carbon filter.
3. No idea on production but bag appeal is great I love the way it looks.

I second this, pretty spot on with my answer too :bravo:

I thank you one and all for the info on what I'm expecting to be a great strain. If anything else comes to mind chime in.

I have been looking at the AK for a couple years now, but waited until I could buy direct from breeder. Now I have to wait for the room as I stated earlier I have a three stage system and they are now 4th... :laughtwo:

Next one I want to get, and been looking for years as well, is "The Pure" from "Dutchman Seeds", very stinky stain as well, it's the original "Skunk #1" by "Skunkman" the sativa dominate variety(Old school Medicine). I have contacted DMS and they will still not deliver to North America. Soon as they start, I will be getting those genetics as well.

Peace...Buddha

Good deal brotha BCBuddha!

I hope to see a grow journal out of these AK's, so that we can all see them grow out and so, I can once again, see my favorite strain being grown, when I can't see my own growing for myself :thumb:

Thanks for sharing this thread with us my friend :thanks:

Good deal brotha BCBuddha!

I hope to see a grow journal out of these AK's, so that we can all see them grow out and so, I can once again, see my favorite strain being grown, when I can't see my own growing for myself :thumb:

Thanks for sharing this thread with us my friend :thanks:

check my current grow Warrior if you like the AK :)

I'm sure one of them have it if you were wishing to supply a description page.

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Seeds, Clones & Strains - 420 Magazine
^ would probably be a more appropriate part of the site to post questions like this.

AK is pretty good stuff. Honestly, I'll pass over it for most of the fruity island kushes or sativa's. Which for my location are more common... Still, respectable smoke.

I would really think it would be easier for you to get different seeds being in Canada... Thats interesting. If you really like old school sativa's, I'm doing a Dr. Grinspoon right now... Apparently she takes forever to flower (4-6months), but is supposed to be pretty special.... You said DMS wont sent to you... Can you not get their seeds from another bank? Like from SingleSeeds or something?

All the best! Sounds like you know what your doing! I'd be shocked if you had any problems :)

Back
Top Bottom