AK-48 - Northern Lights - 2 X 180Watt LEDs

Re: AK-48, Northern Lights, 2 X 180Watt LEDs

That new light seems pretty bulky, I hope it helps your ladies. I dont think ur plants are a lost cause, they were a lesson. Now that u have a good meter the pH shouldnt be a problem anymore. Triches are coming along as well.

Also, I am interested in that Advanced run off recovery technique, are those expensive? lol

It was a good idea, and its cheap! Save money any way you can! I always try.

Good Job

-Rek

It's not actually as bulky as it appears, the glass on these induction tubes is very thick, but even so I have the shade in place to prevent the LED's from knocking it. I know I'm going to get some good smoke as I took a sample of the AK48 last weekend for the trich shots and just vaped it last night -whoa! I think the girls are close to being finished, I'll post more trich shots later this weekend, but their metabolism has slowed and they're not using much water-it's been 3 days now and they're still wet.
IMG_1199_2.jpg
IMG_1194_2.jpg

Yum,

I'm real sorry I haven't had a chance to check back in sooner.

For soil, you should be aiming for a PH of 6.5.

Please look at this nutrient availability chart and note the RIGHT side for soil:

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

You can see from looking at the chart why your plant at 6.0 was the worst out of the batch! I'm sorry I did not get this to you sooner, but feel free to PM me anytime if you need help (not that there aren't more experienced people than I, but I'm happy to assist if I can!).

Krip....Nice grow, want to see both strains. got to see them both in your grow keep it green brother.Flush them ladies and then give them the drout get them trichs going good.

Day 44 12/12 AK-48 Trich Shots 30X & 100X

Hey Krip, thanks for the info! I ph'd to 6.2 yesterday, I'll change that up next time. Want to take a look at these Trich pics and let me your opinion on harvest time? The seed bank Nirvana spec sheet says 7-9 weeks & within it's description "Under perfect conditions may finish in as little as 48 days", well we all know this wasn't perfect. I took a bud last weekend, dried and vaped it this past Friday. I had been off and smoking all day, but it still gave me an appreciable buzz on top of what I already had. I've got the main colas of the plants weaved into the grid as you can see, some smaller branches are sticking up, those buds are most mature and I'm considering harvesting them next weekend, giving the buds closer to the net another week or two more.

Journal Entry 6/11/2011 RO Water Ph'd 6.2, 1 Tblsp/gal Big Bloom, 1 Tsp/gal Tiger Bloom, 1/8 tsp/gal Cha-Ching, 1 Tblsp gal H2O2

IMG_12025.jpg
AK-48_6-12-11_Day_44-3.jpg
AK-48_6-12-11_Day_44.jpg
AK-48_6-12-11_Day_44-2.jpg
PIC0075.jpg
PIC00410.jpg
PIC0036.jpg
PIC00213.jpg
PIC0015.jpg

If you are planning on harvesting in 5 days, you should not of fed your girls. You should of watered them with plain water...well more so flush them too.

Also, i looked it up and saw that ak48 flowers in 7-8 weeks. So your getting pretty close on that one. The Northern Lights Says 9 weeks to flower, So i think you have a little more time on that.

-Rek

If you are planning on harvesting in 5 days, you should not of fed your girls. You should of watered them with plain water...well more so flush them too.

Also, i looked it up and saw that ak48 flowers in 7-8 weeks. So your getting pretty close on that one. The Northern Lights Says 9 weeks to flower, So i think you have a little more time on that.

-Rek

Thanks for the info Rekles, yeah, I was aware it was flushing time but have seen some contradictory info online regarding FF nutrients. Some growers have had great success running nutrients to harvest. I decided since I did 2 flushes over the past 15 days I would water with molasses, skip the Tiger Bloom and go with a light dose 1/8 tsp/gal of Cha-Ching (hormonal enhances oil & resin production) after emailing FF. Rekles you've been such a big help-I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the info Rekles, yeah, I was aware it was flushing time but have seen some contradictory info online regarding FF nutrients. Some growers have had great success running nutrients to harvest. I decided since I did 2 flushes over the past 15 days I would water with molasses, skip the Tiger Bloom and go with a light dose 1/8 tsp/gal of Cha-Ching (hormonal enhances oil & resin production) after emailing FF. Rekles you've been such a big help-I really appreciate it.

No problem dude. I know how hard it was when I started. Feel welcome to go vote on member of the month. I am told that my name was brought up. I also have a nug up on nug of the month if u wanna check that out too, there are a lot of good nugs too.

-Rek

Day 52 Harvest

Journal Entry 6/19/11 Very dry, plants looking limp, watered tap ph'd to 6.5 with 1/4 cup/gal h2o2, runoff ph 6.4 spruced back up within 2 hours

AK-48 Day 52 Harvest Trich 1
AK-48_Day_52_Harvest_6_20_11-2.jpg

AK-48 Day 52 Harvest Trich 2
AK-48_Day_52_Harvest_6_20_11.jpg

Nice looking, but low yield due to ph burn
IMG_12187.jpg

Frosty
IMG_12196.jpg

My drying apparatus, hanging under running ceiling fan in dark room @ 74 degrees 40% Humidity, jarred & cured for 2 weeks spending several days to a week in this mesh hamper first
photo92.JPG

About to put the earbuds in and sit down to harvest, thanks for all for following this thread and special mention to Rek for saving the crop
IMG_12178.jpg

What brand of tent is that? How well do you like it? How many and what size vents and cord ports (and do they seal well when in use)? How would you describe the general quality, quality of the zipper, and are there any pinhole light-leaks?

My only warning is to stay away from the strain Full Moon. I grew it last summer and ended up tossing the whole plant. That strain puts you in a stupor-- a really dizzying, unpleasant high. That's the first time I've ever tried a cannabis strain that I didn't enjoy at all. I tried it a 2nd time to be sure and it was as unpleasant as the first time.

I read that due to its Thai parentage, it likes to flower for 14 weeks and if the right phenotype is found, 17 weeks. How long did yours flower for? Is it possible that you just harvested it too early and got that "incomplete sativa" affect?

Hey Tortured, sorry for the delay, been really busy lately. The tent is a Hydrohut mini 40"x40" I built a 36"x36" Frame for the wired grid. The quality is pretty good, though this is a replacement for a previous hydrohut mini that was recalled -it's lining was a soft white rubberized plastic that off-gassed harmful chemicals killing any plants growing in them, I personally lost several crops before I discovered that defect online. The current model is a good one though, I didn't note any pinhole leaks except for one or two around the zippers. However now that my cat has taken to one corner of it as a scratching post.... The zippers themselves are of good quality and had a bit more of a tendency to jam when new, they operate smoothly now. It has a complete metal skeleton easily supporting up to about 50lbs more than ample for my LED lights at 6 lbs ea. 3- 8" vent tubes on the lateral sides 1 on the top which is where I currently exhaust , 4 power cord ports. all the vent tubes and cord ports are double lined with dual draw-strings .. 1 internal/external so are light tight. Additionally, there are 2 half-moon, screened zippered windows on each side, large enough for me to work through if need be-but I'm small framed :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom