AK-48 - Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Chunk 400W HPS

Re: AK-48, Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Chunk 400W HPS

Well its been awhile since i been on here. Thought it was time for me to show you my beautiful ladies!

Vanilla Kush

Vanilla_Kush_3_weeks_flower.JPG

Vanilla_Kush_3_week_flower_close_up.JPG

This is probably the plant i am most happy with. I think in future i will always use the method that allows you to top the plant for four heads. Seems to give you a nice even growth on the four heads rather than having 1/2 top heads and many other little ones.

with the top that i chopped of i planted and put into flower a week after.
vanilla_kush_week_3_flower.JPG

Pineapple Chunk

pineapple_chunk_week_3_flower.JPG

Bit disappointed with this lady, well not with her but myself. wish i had topped it or something to controll the hieght a bit. having to pull it toward the side to try and get the light as low as possible to the other plnats as this ones avobut a foot taller than the rest. but other than that seems to be nice and healthy with loads of bud spots.

AK-48

AK-48_3_weeks_flower.JPG

AK-48_week_3_flowering_close_up.JPG

This girl seems to be very much happy, there is many bud spots on her with a couple alot larger than the others.

ive got my cuttings outside soaking up the sunshine as we speak as well

I have notice that some of the lower leaves on my plant seem to turn a slight yellow colour from time to time. Am i right in saying that this is a lack of nitrogen? if not what many it be.

any advice would be great guys. cant believe i haven't had any big hiccups yet. Lets hope it stays that way.

after a bit of advice, The larger plant that i have (pineapple chunk) seems to be suffering from a few of the lower leaves turning yellow.(some of them are twice the size of my hand 0o) is this bad? how do i stop more turning yellow? or is it not that much of a problem. She is 30 days into flower a budding nicely but afraid that i may end up with a yellow plant before shes ready to supply me with her buds :(

some nitrogen might help. cause plants in flower arent usally given nitrogen. usually its p-k. just a thought. im not to sure what your n content is. but i like the buds theyre awesome. i grew ak 48 several times. kick ass. speedy for me. i like the indicas/ sativas. :goodluck:

Ally,
The only thing I know is simplicity works wonders. In other words keep it simple.

your absoulute right. keep it simple. your plants will tell you if something is wrong. and it looks like your plants are telling you thank you.:goodluck:

Hey guys. The yellow leaves have now stopped on the pineapple chunk. However I have noticed that the upper leaves on my vanilla kush are starting to get little rust spots near the tips of there leaves.

Any advice?
I'll try upload some pic later.

Help! ;)

Hey Ally, girls are looking good! I'm excited to see how your harvest comes out.
:nicethread: Subscribed. ;)

hey peeps, are they looking ready?! Do you think im almost near harvest time?

they have been in flower for 46 days now, decided i think im pretty close so i starting to water without nutes now.

Pineapple Chunk
DSCN07671.JPG

Vanilla Kush
DSCN07632.JPG

Vanilla Kush
DSCN07681.JPG

AK-48
DSCN07652.JPG

let me know what you think, would love as much advice as possible as this will be my first real harvest.

Looks OK Ally,
Leaves are dark, tips are also a bit burned with some plants, which doesn't imply it has to be too much N necessarily. They are also bit curved upwards, enough K to me. Looking at those orangy spots on the lower leaves, which i exactly had last time with afghanica strain. Seems they needed some more phosphorous. Specially for bigger stems and branches and of course more bud mass and more budding structure (less hairs), also roots.

On current grow, in veg phase i experimented a bit with grow and flower nuts and was happy with overall growth, looks and water needs for the plants using a 3-2-4 NPK nutrient solutions, or more exactly I tried approaching values like 15-10-20 (used to successful in the past). To achieve that i mixed 1:1 grow and blow nutrients in my case. To my calculations that ended up resulting in 12-7.5-18 to get close. The most important to me in the e4xperiment was the N to P balance, which should be 3 Nitro to 2 Phosphor. Worked great for AK and even more Kush.

Still root development wasnt as great as with normal pre fertilized soil. Though most out of the bag soil mixes contain a lot more than just some organic stuff, sand, water buffer stuff and nutrients, they contain a lot, probably boast of fulvic and humic acids, bacteria and all sorts of stuff.

A lot of cloning and seeding soils or starters soil contain nutrients balances in 12-12-12 or 15-15-15, which of the latter one just means more. Apparently stimulating more root stimulation and possibly infant growth, and seems plants needs less K in the beginning. Most grow fertilizers contain less K, but they possibly also contain not enough P sometimes.

In short. :D
I would add more bloom next time, maybe even stop giving grow from somewhere in your 4th to 5th week flowering ( or better said 4 to 5 weeks before harvest ) and increase or double thee amount of bloom dosage. I know the AK likes it.

Still very nice, your own home grow will definitely tastes superb. :bong:
:thumb:

Your VK and PC looks great! Closing in on harvesting time. I can't wait for mine to looks as good as yours. Don't worry too much about the leaves turning yellow, they are suppose to towards the end of flowering. Much more when you are flushing since they are eating themselves up starting with the fan leaves. Great grow!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

nice grow so far! any chance we could get some better macros of that pineapple chunk?

Back
Top Bottom