AK-48 - Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Chunk 400W HPS

ally

Hello!

Well im new to this forum and what better way to introduce myself than by starting a grow journal.

Im pretty new to growing, i have only done one previous crop in a converted bedside table. Whilst i was happy with the results i couldnt help think that the 3 months i waited didnt justify the amount of smoke i got. So the only thing i could do was expand!

My grow space

Veg
I have a converted bedside table that i have put 2x pc fans in the back for ventalation and have a 125w cfl + standard cfl bulb for my lighting.
Grow_Box_Front_View.jpg
Inside_cupboard_1.jpg

Flowering
For my flowering i have a space that is around 1 meter square and around 5 foot tall. This space will be home to a 400w HPS light.

Plan
I think i have settled on attempting to top all 3 plants allowing me to have 4 coloas on each.There is a small possability that i may use one of the plants for multiple clones that will be planted outside for the summer months.

Soil/Nutes
Trying to get the best out of my plants without burning holes in my pockets. For my soil i decided that i would just use some multi-purpose compost that has JI in it mixed with perlite.
As for my nutes i spent hours and hours searching the net not really getting anywhere. So many people have so many different views on what to use what not to use.Not to sure whether i made the right decision or not but i decided to go for the biobizz range picking up biobizz bloom, biobizz grow, biobizz topmax and biobizz alg-a-mic. found a feeding schedual on that net that i will be following. Heres a pic of the schedual
BioBizz_grow_guide.jpg

Seeds

Oredered a variety of seeds from pick n mix. Decide to plant only a few of the ones i ordered and i decided apon

AK-48 - Feminized - Nivanas seeds - indica/sativa hybrid
Vanilla Kush - Feminized - Barneys Farm - indica dominant
Pineapple Chunk - Feminized - Barneys Farm - indica dominant

The Grow Starts

Germination
I Used the tissue paper technique and had 100% results with my 3 seeds, all popped out very quickly over night.

Planting seeds
planted seeds on 26/3/2011 and waited for there arrival to the world

Here we go

Day 1
On the 27/3/2011 to my surprise all plants had broken through the soil. the AK-48 seemed to be bringing up the rear and was slightly behind the other 2 in terms of growth.
First_day.jpg

Day 3
SO i thought it was time for the camera to come out. the progress seems to be good at this stage faster than me previous/first grow. All look healthy at first look.

AK-48
AK-48_day_3.jpg

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_day_2.jpg

Pineapple Chunk
Pineapple_Chunk_Day_2.jpg

Any help advice or suggestions would be much appreciated as i still only a beginner and only going by things on forums that i read. i feel as if im back doing my exams the amount of studying that i have put in over the last month or so but i still feel as if i am at the tip of the ice burg and there is a imense amount more to learn

hopefully i have covered most things, if not im sure someone will pick me up on it :grinjoint:

Looking at my plants today and they have doubled in size maybe tripled will try get some more pics up tomorrow.

Re: AK-48, Vanilla Kush and Pineapple Chunk 400w HPS

Day 4

Just a quick update with some pics, i believe all my plants look healthy here some pics for you to see..

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_day_4.jpg

Pineapple chunk
Pineapple_Chunk_day_4.jpg

AK-48
AK-48_day_4.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with biobizz products? Is it worth paying out for the biobizz heaven or will the other products in there range be ok to use without it. Considering it is the most expensive does that mean its the most important?

From what I've read, the biobizz stuff is worth paying for, as far as that particular product, I dont know if its worth it but I'm sure you know most times you get what you pay for, however....I think for the most part we are paying a little too much for nutes that are supposed to be specifically for marijane even though she is basically the same as any other plant and can be grown just as good with super cheap nutes. I am also a beginner so I'll just pay for these products for now until I know how to lay out a proper nute program with cheaper products that will do as well or better. But thats not gonna be for awhile so..... As far as that product being more because its the best... I dont know about that, I'm sure you can find something to suffice but as I said I've never used the biobizz stuff so you may just want to bite the bullet and get it.

Looks good though, did the break the soil in one day after putting them in the soil or did I misread that?

Either way good luck....

Had a little accident today, knocked over the pineapple chunk! doh. Fingers crossed it will be ok. I carefully put it all back together howerver it was only the top of the soil that came out so i dont think the roots where damaged, lets hope not!

Yea i couldnt believe it, Seeds germed in 24hrs and the seeds broke the soil in 24hrs. hope i haven't started strong and going to end up badly :)

After a little advice if possible, been looking at my vanilla kush and it seems to have a blue/purple colour to it. Not to sure whether this is the strain or something up with the plant or what.

Pic of concern - Vanilla Kush

Vanilla_Kush_day_5_slight_discolour.jpg

Hopefully its just me caring to much for my girls.

After a little advice if possible, been looking at my vanilla kush and it seems to have a blue/purple colour to it. Not to sure whether this is the strain or something up with the plant or what.

Don't worry about the blue/purple coloration. It's in the genetics somewhere. If it was a dieing color, i.e. brown or yellow, then I would be concerned. Looks good so far.

ya its definitley a genetics thing. cant wait to see how the ak 48 does, i have been looking into that myself. Everything looks good so far man keep up the good work...:goodluck:

Good luck Ally,
The purplish is most likely genetics indeed, plant could react on wet soil with purplish coloring, doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. It's always something in the direction of an indication of the plant's surroundings/climate/soil, but doesn't have to be a bad thing.

You could give them some less water though, but don't let them dry out. They will stagnate growing then, just keep the soil moist. For seedlings it's better to keep it a bit more wet rather than to have the soil dried out.
Looking good and nice strains. :cool:

I've just had a look at my babies and on the vanilla kush the leaves are starting to twist slightly. Not to sure if this is a problem or not just haven't seen it before. Will try get a pic up soon can't find my camera lead at the moment.

Just done a test don't have a digital test but I believe it's around 7.4 ish. That any good? I tried to cover the tops of the soil earlyer cause I thought I could c the start of moss coming with some silver insulation stuff. Could that be what caused it? I took it of after bout an hour.

Update

Just thought i would post a couple of pictures to show yo have its going.

AK-48 day 8
AK-48_Day_8.jpg

Pineapple Chunk day 8
Pineapple_Chunk_day_8.jpg

Vanilla Kush day 8
Vanilla_Kush_day_8.jpg

The Pineapple looks a little deformed maybe its where i dropped it at birth!

How they look im not to confident with what i see but think its ok.

What am i looking at the pH run off or the water i use to feed?

With you I would say both....test run off ...if high flush with pH plain water.
you want to feed them 6.5 pH water and hopefully your nukes don't change pH when you add them....container should tell you if it is neutral.
For me I use pH neutral pro mix (medium) and pH neutral nukes.(FloraNova grow and bloom ONE PART) So neither change the pH of my water.
I use tap water and let water sit for 48 hours then add pH down, nukes (right before feeding them) and water plants when they need it. For me that is when the pots become light.

IGrowGrass said:
With you I would say both....test run off ...if high flush with pH plain water.
you want to feed them 6.5 pH water and hopefully your nukes don't change pH when you add them....container should tell you if it is neutral.
For me I use pH neutral pro mix (medium) and pH neutral nukes.(FloraNova grow and bloom ONE PART) So neither change the pH of my water.
I use tap water and let water sit for 48 hours then add pH down, nukes (right before feeding them) and water plants when they need it. For me that is when the pots become light.

I agree. Your plants are still young enough to correct any issues but that's also a problem in itself because the younger they are the more susceptible they are to disease. Flush them with some PHed 6.5 water as said and then feed them with PHed water/nutes to 6.5 ph.

As far as feeding them, I'm not 100% sure where you are at but start at 1/4 strength once you see the second true set of leaves (not including the outside of the seed that turns into your first set) and work your way up from there.

Looks like your doing good other than the ph, your definitely on your way to some good bud. I have some vanilla kush and pineapple chunk growing as well. Mine are a little bigger than yours but yours will catchup in no time.

Back
Top Bottom