AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

GreeenFingers

Ak47 by Serious Seeds

Flowering Time: 53 - 63 Days

Type: Mostly Sativa ( but the effect is more Indica )

Soil: Mix of about, 50% Peat Ph 6.5
25% Perlite
25% Vermiculite

Lighting Veg: (2 X 125w) 6500k CFL
(1 X 125w) 2400k CFL

Lighting Flower: (2 X 125w) 6500k CFL
(3 X 125w) 2400K CFL
(1 X 23w) 10.0 UVB CFL

Pot Size, Veg: 3.5 Litre (1 Gallon)
Flower: 7.5 Litre (2 Gallon)

Grow Area: 2 X 3 X 4 ft
Mylar coated walls

Nutrients, Veg: BioBizz Fish-Mix (6.0 - 2.0 - 4.0)
Flower: BioBizz Bio-Bloom (2.0 - 6.0 - 3.5)

Ventilation, Intake: 8cm (3in) 31 CFM Computer Fan
Exhaust: 12cm (5in) 64 CFM Computer Fan
Light Cooling: 2 X 4cm (1.5in) 12 CFM Computer Fans

Odour Control: Handmade Carbon Filter
O3 Generator (Ozone Generator)
Ona Spray

Please let me know if I have left anything out, I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Any Suggestions, Tips, Ideas, Experience, Questions and Help will be greatly appreciated as this is a first grow and I'm still trying to learn as much as I can .

I will check update and answer any posts every day.

Thank You

GreenFingers
:yummy:

1_seedling.JPG

10_seedslings.JPG

Lights34.JPG

Nutrients11.JPG

Ona2.JPG

Re: AK47 Serious Seeds, First Grow, CFL, Soil

you've clearly have done allot of homework and shopping.
for a first grow looks like your well on your way.

question tho, did you choose the cfls due to height restriction of your space?

Hi Tweaktion, thanks for your reply, I have been planning this for about a year, i have accumulated everything along the way :)

Yes that was the reason, I would have really liked a HPS set up but i felt that trying to manage that much heat in such a small area wouldnt have left much room for plants ha ha i even contemplated cool-tubes but i don't think the ventilation would have been acceptable as the box does have to remain as quiet as possible

Thats why I am trying to mix the spectrum and have added UVB, as I am using CFLs I would really like to get the most that I possibly can from them :)

If there's anything else feel free to ask

Looking good Green. Keep those CFL nice and close to control stretching and they can grow some nice plants. I was told in my grow to try for 100W actual power not equiv. per plant in flower though. Ex. 125W CFL uses 30W of power so 3 of them would only be 90W. Just something to think about before flower time with that many seedlings popping up. They are low heat but if you add enough of them it could add up compare to a 150W HID. :peace:

Looking good Green. Keep those CFL nice and close to control stretching and they can grow some nice plants. I was told in my grow to try for 100W actual power not equiv. per plant in flower though. Ex. 125W CFL uses 30W of power so 3 of them would only be 90W. Just something to think about before flower time with that many seedlings popping up. They are low heat but if you add enough of them it could add up compare to a 150W HID. :peace:

Hi Electricthom thanks for joining in :)

The CFLs I have are 125w actual power each so the flower box will have 625w actual power of CFL

Each bulb emits 9000 Lumens so it will be 45,000 Lumens in the box all together

A coincidence that that works out to be the same the 100w actual power you suggested per plant :)

Thank you

lol nice comment on that last reply cant he see these bulbs there huge looking good tho i woulddnt flower all 10 at once tho im a cfl grower and if u need any help let me know are u thinking of doing any Low stress training i would its where u tie down the main stem( lightly so u dont do any damage or supercroping lol) when its at least 3 weeks old and top all the tops to get more tops ill hook u up with a diagram if i come a cross one good luck i have done this strain before ur in luck its going to be some good shit check out my first cfl grow i didnt bother to post the rest of my grows

Oh I'll be stickin' around, I'm always here cant read enough. Love watching everyone's girls grow. Still learning but I'll stick my nose in here and there along the way. I do try to only follow a dozen or so journals at a time, and a couple new ones when those are slow.

I should have know by the pics of the lights, sorry about that I'm used to the curly Q ones. Those thing are powerful. I was too cheap and just kept adding little ones 'til I ran out of space, but now I can tan in the tent with 140,000 Lumens HPS. :peace:

The seeds aren't femanised so what im thinking of doing is vegging them and taking cuttings, I'll then try sex the cuttings to find out which are the males that need to be removed. hopefully ill have about 6 females :)

I wanted to try and flower 6 in the box but im now thinking that ill flower 3 of 6 that have the most desirable characteristics, i will take clones from them all so that there will be 6 females in veg and the other 3 can be tested out on the next grow.

All in the hope of finding a beautiful mother to keep :)

I went through your grow journal, they were some nice looking buds you got, What was the density strength and quality like ?
I'm also just curious on what sort of yield you are averaging off you're plants with the CFL set up ?

who is this question directed to well i have been growing with CFL's and avg yield per plant can differ from 1/2 oz to 1 oz depends on the environment/how healthy the plant is, strain, the structure of the plant, training but with the quality of the buds were dank not as much dense but all around good creeper weed that was packed with tric's hope this helps! rep me if u can!!++ geturgrowon

All nine that sprouted have been re potted today into their 3.5 Litre (1 Gallon) pots today, it doesn't look lile #10 will make it.

They are on a 18/6 schedule.

I seem to be having some heat issues and the ventilation will need sorting out :p It shouldn't be too much of a problem but it will have to be figured out soon. when all 5 lights were tested in the box together temps got op as far as 34c (93f) :helpsmilie:

Here are some pics from today.

DSC_09381.JPG

DSC_09392.JPG

Hi just another update.

Things seem to be looking good there is very little stretching and most are now on their 3rd set of true leaves.

2 X 125 blue CFLs are in the box at the moment and temperatures seem to be manageable but through further tests with all 5 together the temps still get Way Way to high :(

So the ventilation issue will seriously have to be sorted out before the switch to flower.

There are very strong thoughts on getting some sort of inline fan if one can be found that would be considered 'Silent' and 100mm that would be able to move enough air. A hole will have to be bored through a concrete wall as an exhaust which means mess :p

If an inline fan is on the cards, I think a real, small, 100mm carbon filter should be a must rather than a homemade.

Any thoughts people ?

Here are some new pics :)

DSC_09621.JPG

DSC_09631.JPG

DSC_09642.JPG

Hi GreenFingers,
Plants look great. I am subscribed and very interested in cfl grows.
Your set-up is great. A couple suggestions....
The pic of your bulbs shows a piece of wood as the reflector. Either line that with some
mylar if you have any left or paint it flat white. It will make a big difference in amount of light
reflected back on to your plants.
For your high heat issue I recommend more fans if possible. I have a similar grow space and I use
four 80mm/3 in computer fans for intake and two 120mm/5 in for exhaust. You could look into an
inline duct fan they are quiet and probably more powerful than computer fans.
Is this in a cabinet or closet... maybe a pic of outside would help some of us give you better suggestions.
I am no expert but have dealt with some of the things you are going thru.
Continued good luck and I am here for the ride.

hey fingers... i really like ur lights.you wouldn't have a box from one of those 125 watt CFL bulbs would ya ? if so, mind posting a pic of it. i have 2 very similar but they are only 65 actual watt with 200 equivalent watts
DSCN10364.JPG

also from my experience i find if you use an open frame for your lights a lot of the heat rises up thru.
DSCN13666.JPG

Hey thanks for joining in :) The picture of the lights on the board was just my test run at the start to make sure everything fit properly and that it was all working.

This pic shows how it looks now with the added mylar
DSC_09693.JPG

Back
Top Bottom