AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

What do you think of a dark period? Since my 2nd grow i've used it, works good. More sugar and the amber's show up bit more. My last grow went five days...
I think that the dark period could be quite effective as THC is broken down by light throughout the day and repaired throughout the night and is supposed to be at it's highest concentration just before the lights turn on in the morning.

Assuming that is the case, it would make sense that a longer period of darkness before harvest and could shock the plant to continue its night time THC building :)

I think I will do 24 - 48 hours of darkness with my girls when they look ready :)

Five days in darkness, Really ? ha ha did the plants take it well ? What was the resulting smoke like in comparison to just chopping them without a dark period :)

:peace:

UPDATE:

DAY 66 OF FLOWER
( 3 DAYS OVER THE RECOMMENDED 53 - 63 DAYS )

Hello everybody :)

My Apologies for the lack of updates, the development at the moment is very slow, I'm basically just waiting for the Trichomes to change but I have no Idea how much longer it is going to take as all of the girls are already 3 days over the recommended maximum of 63 days.

Can anybody give me an Idea from your experience on how long the Trichomes usually take to turn fully cloudy once they have started to turn ? I know it would be strain dependant but I am just wondering how gradual that change can be considering that I am already past the estimated harvest date, the Trichomes between all the plants are probably only about 25% cloudy and mostly clear :hmmmm:

Ms. Sativa's Smell kind of reminds me of Petrol or some other sort of Fuely smell. It hits the inside or back of the nose in the same sort of way that Petrol/Gasoline does, if you know what I mean ha ha the Petrol/Gasoline smell is also accompanied by a kind of Sharp Lemon Zing, it is a very unusual smelling strain unlike anything that I have smelled before and for now that seems to be the only way that I can describe it. She is Distinctly the most resinous of the bunch and still my favourite :)

Ms. Purple's smell doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, the other girls are way more pungent, I mean her purple colouring is beautiful but she really is letting me down on Aroma, It may develop into something better after Drying/Curing but for the moment I don't like it, it doesn't smell nice ha ha

Ms. Tropical's smell is also developing at the moment, the best way that I can think of describing it is like a Fruity Musky smell, the smell is also very heavy if you know what I mean, maybe Skunky could be a good description but its different than that, more fruity with something very distinctive that I can't quite place my finger on but I will keep you posted, it smells absolutely delicious :)

Any tips on the length of time for development of the Trichomes would be greatly appreciated :)

Picture time, sit back and enjoy :)

Below: Ms. Sativa

11680.JPG

21273.JPG

31146.JPG

4796.JPG

5633.JPG

6529.JPG

7467.JPG

8364.JPG

Below: Ms. Purple

11681.JPG

21274.JPG

31147.JPG

4797.JPG

5634.JPG

6530.JPG

7468.JPG

8365.JPG

9273.JPG

10250.JPG

Below: Ms. Tropical

11682.JPG

21275.JPG

31148.JPG

4798.JPG

5635.JPG

6533.JPG

Below: Group Shot :)

11683.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

WOW... THATS ALL I CAN SAY!!:bravo::bravo:
Great work mate, i am so happy for you:) You have done well and kept your girls nice and healthy, and seeing the swollen Calyxes is a testament to that.. And as your girls are still going on strong mate, let em go a bit longer ay, IMO they can only get bigger mate!
They appear to still be going through the final stages of flower so - you COULD pull em now its up to you how you like your smoke - Trich wise, i like amber usually, but your buds are nice and healthy still and could still get a bit larger & gain some more weight. They already look PHAT AS:):)
I AM A LITTLE SADDENED, as when we first started to chat both our girls were doing well and i had big expectations, but i killed mine as i lost her Feed Log Book and then i got a bad Fungus gnat infestation, that i wasnt aware of the scale until recently and also i fed her too much i think and then a lock out or deficiency appeared and ive had trouble since..
She s into flower but not as stacked as what your buds are like, Well some buds are still not too bad, but her calyxes are only minimal and im hoping she will have another bloom soon and the buds will gain a bit more??
Anyways mate - AWSUM WORK - and cant wait to see em when your happy to harvest and SMOKE REPORT!!!!
Later mate! Smokemup...

Great looking girls. As far as how long they will take.... Only they actually know. Looks like you will have some great smoke!

amazing mate, the photos of the trichs look 100% cloudy mate, from what i could see they look ready to me, plus the buds look like loads of foxtailing as well, so id say their pretty much dont, id normally wait till i see mine go around 10% amber, so i usually flush around 10 days before this usually around 5% amber, so then when i harvest i know its about where i want to to be, but looking at the trich picture mate id say their not far off ready, looks pretty cloudy to me, they look like clear ice when their not cloudy but yours look cloudy to me, could always give it a couple more days to make sure, but make sure it dont got hermie at this late stage, it wont matter if your harvesting soon but some plants will go hermie when they have reached the end of flower, they do this due to not getting any pollen and as it gets close to the plant ending its life cycle so it goes hermie to produce seeds,

Hell yeah! Awesome job Mr. G Fingers! How much you think you'll yield from those?!
Thanks Sphnx :)

I'm really not sure as this is my first grow I have no Idea how to look at them now and guess their weight knowing that they will look much different after they are dry ha ha

I will take a guess of about 3 ounces ( but it looks like more to me ) I really would like to yield more than that though :) as only 3 ounces will most certainly not last me even halfway until the next harvest ha ha

WOW... THATS ALL I CAN SAY!!:bravo::bravo:
Great work mate, i am so happy for you:) You have done well and kept your girls nice and healthy, and seeing the swollen Calyxes is a testament to that.. And as your girls are still going on strong mate, let em go a bit longer ay, IMO they can only get bigger mate!
They appear to still be going through the final stages of flower so - you COULD pull em now its up to you how you like your smoke - Trich wise, i like amber usually, but your buds are nice and healthy still and could still get a bit larger & gain some more weight. They already look PHAT AS:):)
I AM A LITTLE SADDENED, as when we first started to chat both our girls were doing well and i had big expectations, but i killed mine as i lost her Feed Log Book and then i got a bad Fungus gnat infestation, that i wasnt aware of the scale until recently and also i fed her too much i think and then a lock out or deficiency appeared and ive had trouble since..
She s into flower but not as stacked as what your buds are like, Well some buds are still not too bad, but her calyxes are only minimal and im hoping she will have another bloom soon and the buds will gain a bit more??
Anyways mate - AWSUM WORK - and cant wait to see em when your happy to harvest and SMOKE REPORT!!!!
Later mate! Smokemup...
Hey Smokemup, thank you for your kind words and encouragement :)

I think I will wait a little longer, I am waiting for 30% amber 70% cloudy only on the very tops so that the rest of the plant will be completely cloudy right down to the very bottom and on the inside of the buds as its really 100% cloudy that I want so if they all become completely cloudy with very little amber they are getting chopped down :) I think that amber is just degraded THC like a former shell of its full potential as cloudy has the highest concentration of THC and this is the most Potent time to chop. I think if people want Indica effects they should grow Indicas and if they want a Sativa effect they should grow Sativas as I do not like the idea of reducing the THC level by letting the trichomes turn amber :)

She still has time to pull through :) if that PH is under control you should see no more problems as most of the time it is not actually a deficiency that people are dealing with, there are just like false signs of a deficiency but it is usually the case that the plant is only deficient because the wrong rootzone PH is locking out the specific nutrients. Because of Cindys huge Veg time it makes sense to me that the extended period to develop such a large root mass would have reduced the soils ability to Buffer correctly for flower thus causing drastic fluctuations of PH within the root zone.
If anything we can look back and see this all as a learning experience :thumb:

amazing mate, the photos of the trichs look 100% cloudy mate, from what i could see they look ready to me, plus the buds look like loads of foxtailing as well, so id say their pretty much dont, id normally wait till i see mine go around 10% amber, so i usually flush around 10 days before this usually around 5% amber, so then when i harvest i know its about where i want to to be, but looking at the trich picture mate id say their not far off ready, looks pretty cloudy to me, they look like clear ice when their not cloudy but yours look cloudy to me, could always give it a couple more days to make sure, but make sure it dont got hermie at this late stage, it wont matter if your harvesting soon but some plants will go hermie when they have reached the end of flower, they do this due to not getting any pollen and as it gets close to the plant ending its life cycle so it goes hermie to produce seeds,
Hello donpaul :)

All the girls began to foxtail like crazy last week and I thought that this was the '' Last Bloom '' but they are still going ha ha

I think that the pictures are being quite deceptive ha ha to the naked eye the Trichomes are definetly becoming '' Whiter '' directly on the Buds, I think that most of the Trichome stalks are cloudy but the actual heads are still at about 60% - 70% clear through a 50X microscope. The trichomes on the leaves are about 50% Cloudy 50% Amber so I am assuming the change begins to happen on the sugar leaves first and then spreads to the actual Buds ?

I will most certainly be keeping my eye out for Bananas ha ha but at such a late stage would it even make a difference or have any effect at all with harvest if one of them were to turn hermaphrodite ?

damn man now we can fight on what the wieght is going to be looking great i would chop them now but thats just me looking great man!

I wish I could chop them I really do, but I cant, not yet, I really need to have patience :) ha ha

Would you or anyone else like to have a guess of the yield ? To help with your decision there about 25 - 30 tops all of the pictures above.

Really interested to see what other people think it could be :)

Hey mate, Yeah well i like my trichs at least 10% amber no matter what strain it is.. If you ve seen the small pictoral on " Peak harvest time - peak window of harvest " ( tho this isnt 100% IMO ) it has pics of # of weeks of Flower/ and calyx/trich color of each week(s). It basically shows when the pistils are orange and almost retracting and the trichs are all cloudy turning amber about 6-7 weeks i think from memory, that its good time to harvest.. But you cant apply that to all plants as they do finish at different times with different circumstances, and strains.
I didnt really Veg Cindy for that long mate.. She was sprouted on 27/6, and now she s into Day 36 of flower, she was vegged for about 7/8 weeks..
So where did you obtain info that says harvesting at 100% cloudy is the peak harvest time for Thc levels?? Im not being a smart ass - just asking if its from like one of the well known Marijuana growing Authors??
As id like to have something like this in my journal if its applicable to most plants for their " Highest THC levels ".
Just in response to my Ph and stuff,i was just going through the start of my journal and reading back a few pages to see how long it took her to really start to flourish,what i did - stuff like that, Well i noticed that id had a Fungus Gnat problem fairly early on in Cindy s grow.
And i hadnt really applied ANY treatment to them at all apart from when she got into her 1st week of flower.
Now this MAY WELL BE A BIG PART OF MY PROBLEM.. I thought i may have been on top of these pests a bit, as i was catching alot of adults and killing off heaps too, so i THOUGHT they werent really in any great numbers. It was only when i flushed her weeks ago, that i noticed all the tiny hatchlings washed out floating on the surface of run off tray. That was an eye opener.
These larvae and hatchlings can really screw your shit up, and i think im a victim. As she was ok, and then got all these drama's sure some i may have caused, but after what ive done - I THINK i should have seen better progress.. BUT- if her roots are being eaten and possibly some are burrowed into her stem, this will cause her problems with taking in of nutrients and staying healthy.
My soils Ph has always been about 6.2 - 6.4, without problems, so i think with the excess food and the possibility of her roots being totalled, this may explain why she is showing this mix of symptoms??
While checking on her to see if she d built any more swollen calyxes and there were some, so thats cool. But that was when i came to the conclusion - Cindy, most likely because she maybe more C99 dominant in ways may finish fast, so im also thinking that due to this, she may be taking nutes from leaves, and due to the past damage its looking like its getting worse?? So now on she s just getting water, and if anything a very weak bit of Seaweed extract and maybe small P&K..
But im preparing her for harvest from now on.. Ive tried to raise the soils PH by raising the water/feed s PH, i had it about 7.2, so as im trying to get the run off s PH up, thought this may help her release some nutes if, in fact, it slightly does raise the PH..
Youre right about this being a learning experience mate:):) I ve enjoyed this, i didnt think she would get to this height & width so quick by using LST, but she did!! Lucky i didnt keep vegging her like i wanted to!
My next grow is some what planned and am looking into seeds and starting off the next chapter, IM KEEN AS MUSTARD!! Now i know my limitations with my G/space, and i may even go back to using my 400w HPS..
AND <<< MY GUESS FOR YOUR YIELD - i cant rememba seeing a full pic of ur Ms. Sativa recently, but youll easy pull 4 oz from her if most buds are that size. If you have them, send over a pic of your girl from back a little just so i can get some perspective!:thumb:
If mine were as swollen as what yours appear, ID BE STOKED:):) My Cindy IS starting to swell calyxes now since her last bloom, which is good, but yeah, im not sure how she will go from now, hoping she does put out some more.
Youve done a good job with your plants you will definately enjoy your rewards once dry, and yeah, im sure you will be happy with the harvest weight. Either way THEM BUDS LOOK GROUSE MATE:bravo::bravo: Youve showed a great example of an LST d plant in soil. AWSUM M8!!

P.s// Glad youve resisted the urge to CHOP EM!! They - TO ME - appear like they stil have either bit more of a bloom or just swelling them calyxes and making resiny,packed trichs:):) drools.... mmmm...resiny trichs....
They looks good still, and arent all yellowed and drying up, they still look like theyre trying to finish off the buds.. But, it can happen in a few days to a week - NOT THAT LONG TO WAIT FOR PHATTER NUGS I RECKON!!! Man each bud would be so solid!! So this is wy im thinking they will be heavy as they look to be solid,dense buds.. AGAIN<<< NICE JOB:):)
Later mate.. Smokem $ Cindy..

I think that the dark period could be quite effective as THC is broken down by light throughout the day and repaired throughout the night and is supposed to be at it's highest concentration just before the lights turn on in the morning.

Assuming that is the case, it would make sense that a longer period of darkness before harvest and could shock the plant to continue its night time THC building :)

I think I will do 24 - 48 hours of darkness with my girls when they look ready :)

Five days in darkness, Really ? ha ha did the plants take it well ? What was the resulting smoke like in comparison to just chopping them without a dark period :)

The five days is a little excessive, it was not planned just happened to work out that way. They seemed fine one of the plants did pop a flower but that's cause it was a "mother" and had very little soil energy left. No time to pollinate anything substantial. Most do 24-36 but some go to 48-96. As far as comparing not really fair cause i used different nutes, but they are very frosty. Top quality..i used to buy from two different caregivers, my stuff doesn't get me burnt out, don't get immune, taste better, smother, higher.. i think you get the point. If you've been doing the same you will know why we grow are own...your shit will destroy the dispensaries/caregivers!:Namaste:

In regard to the " Should i give my plant 24-48hrs dark before i harvest? " debate, well, there have been a few arguments for and against doing this and a few possible valid reasons..
The VALID INFORMATION I PERSONALLY AGREE WITH is : That at night, plants build up the flowering hormone and produce buds/trichs etc;, more so than day time.
So this is part of the reason people say that giving them 'X' amount of extra dark time may help your quality/end product..
I have given my plants ( ive only done it twice ) 24 & 36 hrs dark before i harvested.. Now did i gain any extra weight?? I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. But after 24hrs dark, my plant was fairly ripe, and was looking fairly perky still.
when i gave 36 hrs - I did break this time for about 30 mins after the first 24hrs - To check on trichs, plant condition, and trim some bud.. After the 36hrs dark the plant wasnt as perky and it smelled a little danky.. I had fresh air getting to it, but there was more of a leafy smell at first to the plants. When it was dried it was ok, but i havent done it since..
Last harvest i just let her dry out in the pot, gave her about 19 hrs dark and then gave her couple hours of light to warm her up a little.. Then down she came, her smoke was great all around smoke no matter which way i dried it !! I didnt micro wave it or nuthin tho!!!
Its upto you, but maybe just after her flush, give her 11 hrs light/13 dark for 2-3 days til she dry. Then if you like give her some more dark for what ever time u choose and cut her. Just be careful of mold and stuff during your harvest process, keep the RH fairly low..
Have a good one mate, Smokemup...

right let me get this right, are we harrvesting by the colour of the trichs on the bud leaves or are we harvesting by the trichs on the actual bud, it seems their is 2 differences here, so would going by the leaves by the buds mean we are harvesting early, i never thought about that, i just thought once the sweet leave is ready then the plants ready, maybe i been harvesting a bit to early, plus i got plenty of bud to last me so ill leave these a lot longer and see what results i get, thanks for bringing this up with the comment about the trichs

I go by the trichs on the calyxes, as usually the leaves go amber a little before the calyxes.. Thats what i do anyways!!
Ive checked over my girl and she is partially cloudy atm ( sounds like a weather forecast! ) So ill ride this problem out long as i can and hope she will still have some ok buds when she s a bit more along.. I like to harvest at amber stage, but some like all cloudy/clear. Personal choice.

Hey mate, Yeah well i like my trichs at least 10% amber no matter what strain it is.. If you ve seen the small pictoral on " Peak harvest time - peak window of harvest " ( tho this isnt 100% IMO ) it has pics of # of weeks of Flower/ and calyx/trich color of each week(s). It basically shows when the pistils are orange and almost retracting and the trichs are all cloudy turning amber about 6-7 weeks i think from memory, that its good time to harvest.. But you cant apply that to all plants as they do finish at different times with different circumstances, and strains.
I didnt really Veg Cindy for that long mate.. She was sprouted on 27/6, and now she s into Day 36 of flower, she was vegged for about 7/8 weeks..
So where did you obtain info that says harvesting at 100% cloudy is the peak harvest time for Thc levels?? Im not being a smart ass - just asking if its from like one of the well known Marijuana growing Authors??
As id like to have something like this in my journal if its applicable to most plants for their " Highest THC levels ".
Just in response to my Ph and stuff,i was just going through the start of my journal and reading back a few pages to see how long it took her to really start to flourish,what i did - stuff like that, Well i noticed that id had a Fungus Gnat problem fairly early on in Cindy s grow.
And i hadnt really applied ANY treatment to them at all apart from when she got into her 1st week of flower.
Now this MAY WELL BE A BIG PART OF MY PROBLEM.. I thought i may have been on top of these pests a bit, as i was catching alot of adults and killing off heaps too, so i THOUGHT they werent really in any great numbers. It was only when i flushed her weeks ago, that i noticed all the tiny hatchlings washed out floating on the surface of run off tray. That was an eye opener.
These larvae and hatchlings can really screw your shit up, and i think im a victim. As she was ok, and then got all these drama's sure some i may have caused, but after what ive done - I THINK i should have seen better progress.. BUT- if her roots are being eaten and possibly some are burrowed into her stem, this will cause her problems with taking in of nutrients and staying healthy.
My soils Ph has always been about 6.2 - 6.4, without problems, so i think with the excess food and the possibility of her roots being totalled, this may explain why she is showing this mix of symptoms??
While checking on her to see if she d built any more swollen calyxes and there were some, so thats cool. But that was when i came to the conclusion - Cindy, most likely because she maybe more C99 dominant in ways may finish fast, so im also thinking that due to this, she may be taking nutes from leaves, and due to the past damage its looking like its getting worse?? So now on she s just getting water, and if anything a very weak bit of Seaweed extract and maybe small P&K..
But im preparing her for harvest from now on.. Ive tried to raise the soils PH by raising the water/feed s PH, i had it about 7.2, so as im trying to get the run off s PH up, thought this may help her release some nutes if, in fact, it slightly does raise the PH..
Youre right about this being a learning experience mate:):) I ve enjoyed this, i didnt think she would get to this height & width so quick by using LST, but she did!! Lucky i didnt keep vegging her like i wanted to!
My next grow is some what planned and am looking into seeds and starting off the next chapter, IM KEEN AS MUSTARD!! Now i know my limitations with my G/space, and i may even go back to using my 400w HPS..
AND <<< MY GUESS FOR YOUR YIELD - i cant rememba seeing a full pic of ur Ms. Sativa recently, but youll easy pull 4 oz from her if most buds are that size. If you have them, send over a pic of your girl from back a little just so i can get some perspective!:thumb:
If mine were as swollen as what yours appear, ID BE STOKED:):) My Cindy IS starting to swell calyxes now since her last bloom, which is good, but yeah, im not sure how she will go from now, hoping she does put out some more.
Youve done a good job with your plants you will definately enjoy your rewards once dry, and yeah, im sure you will be happy with the harvest weight. Either way THEM BUDS LOOK GROUSE MATE:bravo::bravo: Youve showed a great example of an LST d plant in soil. AWSUM M8!!
I would consider a 2 month Veg time pretty long, it is most certainly enough to create a large enough root system to stop the soils ability to Buffer correctly, I vegged my girls for 5 weeks ( which was longer than I wanted ) and the soil has lost most of its ability to buffer correctly. People get the same problems growing in small pots with a short veg time as it causes the same problem and the plant does not nessicarily have to be rootbound either

6.2 - 6.4 would be considered a low PH, you have to at least let it get closer to 6.8 for some waterings to absorb the full range of available nutrients, they have different requirements throughout their life, only 6.2 - 6.4 is a very narrow band of nutrient absorption and only keeping it there makes the soil become acidic. I really don't know how this is debatable any more as your plant showed a Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorous deficiencies which we know these specific 3 are all locked out by an acidic rootzone. Yes the fungus gnats would have caused some major disruption eating away at the roots and dramatically stunting growth but they would most certainly not cause all the specific signs that come together to indicate that the PH of the root zone is too low.

About the trichome development, It is more of an extensive reading on the subject than one specific article that explains everything. After everything I have read it is the conclusion that I have come to so I will explain myself with some quotes from a few articles:

The first thing you need to know is that there are 3 "states" in a trichomes development.

The first state is clear. Clear trichomes contain precursor cannabinoids (cannabinoids are the different substances in cannabis).
These precursor cannabinoids are not psychoactive (they do not produce a 'high') yet and harvesting clear trichomes will not give you a proper harvest.

The second state is cloudy/milky. Cloudy trichomes contain fully realized THC (the by far main contributing substance in any cannabis high).
You want to get as close to 100% cloudy trichomes @ harvest to get the most potency out of your plant. It's impossible to get 100% cloudy trichomes, since trichomes are always being produced and are always maturing, even after harvest the trichomes will continue to develop.

The third state is amber. Amber trichomes contain degraded THC --> CBN. CBN represents a loss of 90% potency (from THC).
CBN is not desirable in any harvest, since it not only represents a huge loss of potency but research into the substance has also shown that CBN does not produce a high like THC does, CBN produces a more sickly feeling not a true high.

ilwsoh.jpg

To understand how substances change and are developed in cannabis you will need to read extensively on each substance to understand what each substance does and how they affect each other.

This image is helpful in getting a vague knowledge of substances in cannabis and how they develop:

27ymp91.jpg

It's almost impossible to harvest without at least some amber trichomes (and some clear), keeping the amber trichomes to the minimum is key if you want maximum potency out of your plant.
Usually if you are careful and watchful you will end up with around 5% clear trichomes, 10% amber and 85% cloudy trichomes.
That is a very reasonable % split and is what you should be aiming for.

References & sources:

Montana Biotech

marijuana Chemistry:
Genetics, Processing And Potency

We are most concerned with the capitate-stalked trichomes, as these contain the overwhelming majority of the psychoactive cannabinoids (THC, THCV, CBN). Different cannabinoids affect the high in a multifaceted manner.

THC:
delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol & delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol - THC mimics the action of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body, which binds with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain to produce the ?high? associated with marijuana. THC possesses high UV-B (280-315 nm) absorption properties.

THCV:
tetrahydrocannabivarin - prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of cannabis. It is said to produce a ?clearer high? & seems to possess many of the therapeutic properties of THC.

CBD:
cannabidiol - previously believed to be psychoactive, or to contribute to the high by interacting with other cannabinoids, conversely the most recent research indicates that CBD has negligible effect on the high, it is however a strong anti-inflammatory, and may take the edge off some THC effects, such as anxiety. CBD as a non-psychoactive cannabinoid appears to be helpful for many medical conditions. CBD biosynthesizes into cannabinol (CBN) & tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

CBN:
cannabinol - a degradation product of THC, produces a depressant effect, ?fuzzy? forehead.

CBC:
cannabichromene - non-psychoactive , a precursor to THC.

CBG:
cannabigerol - non-psychoactive, hemp strains often posses elevated levels of CBG while possessing only trace amounts of THC.

Heavy trichome production is not necessarily an indication of a potent plant. Some hemp strains have moderate layers of trichomes yet pack only a strong headache. In a drug strain, a thick layer of trichomes is a symbol that it may well posses an elevated potency level, but it is certainly not a guarantee.

Below; source Montana Biotech

CBG (Cannabigerol): Non-psychoactive, sleep inducing. Anti-microbial. Lowers intra-ocular pressure (IOP) Glaucoma. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 30, Issue 10, October 2009, Pages 515-527

CBC (Cannabichromene): Sedative effect. Moderates effects of THC. Analgesic (pain relieving). Non-psychoactive. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences

THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin): Stronger, faster "high" effect. Apatite suppressant. Euphoria, analgesic (pain relieving).

THC (tetrahydrocannabinol): Psychotropic. Analgesic (pain relieving). Apatite stimulant. Bronchial dilator. Lowers IOP/glaucoma.

CBD (Cannabidiol): Non-psychoactive. Reduces muscle spasms. Muscle relaxant. Analgesic (pain relieving) Trends in Pharmacological Sciences

CBN (Cannabinol): Mildly psychoactive. Non-narcotic analgesic (pain relieving). Good indication of medications age. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. Volume 30, Issue 10, October 2009, Pages 515-527

I think that all of this should help explain how amber is just degraded THC with little psychoactive properties thus indicating a loss is potency. That's why I think If someone wants knockout weed they should grow a heavy indica to peak maturity and not 'downgrade' another strain trying to get the same effects by turning the trichomes amber.

This is just my reasoning but take from it what you wish :)

Have you any idea what strain you would like to grow next ?

I cant actually get a full picture of the plants by themselves with the way I have all of the tops laid out but I will get full plant pictures when harvest eventually comes and I can remove them from the box and we will be able to take some accurate guesses :) The buds are actually rock solid which is making it even harder for me to come up with a figure ha ha

They do still look like they are trying to push out the very last of their growth so it really shouldn't be that much longer, I have already waited 10 weeks so I am sure 1 more wont kill me :)

I greatly appreciate the Kind words and encouragement Smokemup, It's always great to see you joining in :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom