Ak47 x Lowryder #2 First Grow

Buds R Us

Hello all,

My comrade and I will be starting our first grow in about a week. We are still waiting on the seeds as well as our HPS lights. However, the grow room is set up and I was hoping to get some feedback from all of you.

Heres what we have.

2x 400 w High Pressure Sodium lights.
2x 200 w replacement cfls for veg.
1x 75 w florescent tube.
1x oscilating fan.
Moisture control miracle grow (not first choice but not many options in area).
Carbonated air filtration system. Activated carbon filter add-on.
Distilled water.

IMAG006415.jpg

IMAG006314.jpg

IMAG00629.jpg

IMAG006513.jpg

We will be putting up completed pictures as the components arrive.

Re: Ak47 x Lowryder#2 First Grow

Sounds and looks like you're off to a good start. You might want to check your local hardware store/garden center for another option for soil. Not saying the MG won't work, but if you could find soil a little more tame, you'd be better off. A lot of hardware store/garden centers should have a better selection. Just a thought.

Quick question. So I have 2 400 w HPS lights on the way. I plan on dividing them to 4 plants each. So 2 lights, 8 plants, 4 for each light. Is that going to be to many lumens for the plants. I read that they can get to much light and the leaves will bleach. Obviously I do not want this to happen. The lights put out 55,000 lumens.

Thx for your help.

I wouldn't fire up the second light until you see the need to do so. Because they are auto lowryders, they'll most likely stay short, and 1 light should be sufficient for the start. If they get big enough to use the second light, then fire it up. As far as too much light, not sure about that. Just make sure the lights are high enough so you don't heat stress them.

What would be the best thing for soil in your opinion. Also what would be some good things to do to the soil for maximum results.

I can't say there is a best. I use Black Gold Organic potting soil. Not expensive and it gets the job done. I would stick with an organic, but that's just me. Definitely add perlite for drainage. Take a look at your local hardware store and see what they have. There are a lot of inexpensive options out there. Just try and stay away from the ones that have fertilizer added, such as a time released fert. They can be bad news for your girls. The soil should have enough natural nutrients in it until it's time to feed them nutes.

Just make sure not to get anything with dl feed nutrients like miracle grow. A great soil everyone seems to love on here and I actually use myself is fox farm... Put a small layer of rocks at the bottom for optimal drainage, u also cld get some worms and drop them in there, they will help with ph and airation of the soil. They r great

Lights are here! 2x 400 w HPS

IMAG007214.jpg

Running some bag seeds through the cycle just to make sure everything is in order. (Veg)

IMAG007013.jpg

Here is the space we have pretty much completed.

IMAG006917.jpg

I have been having luck wirh ProMix BX. Its not really a soil, its a growing medium. Keeps your roots healthy and keeps your ph in check. Makes things a little easier. Looks like you're doing a good job getting things under way. :thumb:

This room has no ventilation if the door is shut. Is there anything we can do for ventilation and still keep the door shut?

This room has no ventilation if the door is shut. Is there anything we can do for ventilation and still keep the door shut?

Well, if you own the building you live in, cut a hole in the ceiling to vent the heat out, otherwise it's gonna get HOT and humid in there with the door closed and 2 400watters going. If your budget isn't too tight, look on the clist to find a portable ac unit for sale. And I would suggest some form of odor control. Your setup looks nice and clean. Can't wait to see the jungle you're about to start :rollit:

As for odor control. We bought a UV Air purifier and fitted one of the filter with a carbon replaceable filter.

That black panel goes to the shower pipes.

Welcome Buds. You get some great input here from some pro's. Nice looking set up. Hoping to try auto's myself once I get things dialed in. Just one thought that cable powering the lights, you might want to run that up the jack chain if possible. A pin hole in the insulation and/or some spilled water would NOT be fun at all. take it from an old electrician that got wacked more than one to many times. Oh and a good plastic drop cloth could save the carpet and a security deposit if renting. :peace:

Day 2 with the test run of 8 bag seeds while we wait for our Ak47 x Lowryder#2 seeds. All 8 are out of the soil by a cm Looking perfect so far in Veg. Thanks for everyones input before. We will be placing plastic on the floor and keeping our door opened with an oscillating fan to take out the heat and bring fresh air in. As of right now our CFLs and our Fluorescent tube produce little heat while we veg.

IMAG007515.jpg
IMAG007414.jpg

Alright another question for all of you pro's here. We are looking at a 5 year old 8,000 btu air conditioner. It turns out that air conditioners are dehumidifiers so we got two birds with one stone. The question is though, is that going to make my power bill sky rocket?

Back
Top Bottom